Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correction for mistakes in Salah????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Correction for mistakes in Salah????

    I'm a bit confused as to the precise ruling of how to make corrections for a mistake in salaah.

    Does one perform sajdah at the very end of the dua qunoot while sitting down? And then after sajdah can one say salaam to the right and left immediately after and end the prayer, or do you have to say the attahiyyat and durud and qunoot all over again?

    I'm from Hanafi madhab, btw.

  • #2
    Re: Correction for mistakes in Salah????

    Originally posted by Vitriolic_Sage View Post
    I'm a bit confused as to the precise ruling of how to make corrections for a mistake in salaah.

    Does one perform sajdah at the very end of the dua qunoot while sitting down? And then after sajdah can one say salaam to the right and left immediately after and end the prayer, or do you have to say the attahiyyat and durud and qunoot all over again?

    I'm from Hanafi madhab, btw.
    In Hanafi Fiqh, the Dua Qunoot is read in the Witr prayer (within Isha).

    Not sure how that fits in with 'mistakes' in general Salaat.
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

    QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Correction for mistakes in Salah????

      Originally posted by Vitriolic_Sage View Post
      I'm a bit confused as to the precise ruling of how to make corrections for a mistake in salaah.

      Does one perform sajdah at the very end of the dua qunoot while sitting down? And then after sajdah can one say salaam to the right and left immediately after and end the prayer, or do you have to say the attahiyyat and durud and qunoot all over again?

      I'm from Hanafi madhab, btw.
      The du'aa qunoot is read while standing, not sitting down, after coming up from ruku' in the third rakah.

      When you say 'corrections', are you asking how to perform sajdah as-sahw (the prostration of forgetfulness)?

      If so, have a read of this (it's a hanafi site): http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/sajdasahw.htm

      "We ask Allaah for a lasting faith, true certainty, and beneficial knowledge"


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Correction for mistakes in Salah????

        sorry...by qunoot i meant the optional thing people read after the durud right before the end of the prayer. and thansk for the links.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Correction for mistakes in Salah????

          Originally posted by Al-Farooq View Post
          The du'aa qunoot is read while standing, not sitting down, after coming up from ruku' in the third rakah.

          When you say 'corrections', are you asking how to perform sajdah as-sahw (the prostration of forgetfulness)?

          If so, have a read of this (it's a hanafi site): http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/sajdasahw.htm
          3. The method of making the forgetfulness prostration is that in the last rakaat the person should recite the at-tahiyyaat only and thereafter make salaam towards the right only and thereafter make two sajdahs. He should then repeat the at-tahiyyaat and thereafter recite the durood, dua, make salaam to both sides and thereby complete his prayer.

          thats teh dua i was talking about. not sure if its called "qunoot" or not.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Correction for mistakes in Salah????

            Yeah, that makes sense now...I'm not sure if that's called qunoot, though....I'm pretty sure qunoot refers to a du'aa said while standing during the prayer, but I'm not 100%.

            I've always just called them optional du'aas e.g. rabbana atina fid-dunya hasanatun...etc.

            Allah knows best.

            "We ask Allaah for a lasting faith, true certainty, and beneficial knowledge"


            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Correction for mistakes in Salah????

              Here's a chart of how to preform the sujood as sahw in carious situations according to Dr Saleh Saleh

              http://understand-islam.net/site/ind...per&Itemid=164
              Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Correction for mistakes in Salah????

                The above website is not according to the Hanafi madhab, here's a link to a PDF copy of Taleemul Haq. This book explains simply the basic Fiqh topics according to the Hanafi madhab - learning the section on Salaah will really help.

                Btw, Du'a Qunoot is recited standing up and after the takbeer in the third raka'ah as Al-Farooq stated.
                Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Correction for mistakes in Salah????

                  Originally posted by Vitriolic_Sage View Post
                  3. The method of making the forgetfulness prostration is that in the last rakaat the person should recite the at-tahiyyaat only and thereafter make salaam towards the right only and thereafter make two sajdahs. He should then repeat the at-tahiyyaat and thereafter recite the durood, dua, make salaam to both sides and thereby complete his prayer.

                  thats teh dua i was talking about. not sure if its called "qunoot" or not.
                  That's correct.

                  As for Dua'a, it's just called Dua'a and one can read any Dua'a from the Quran.

                  Wallahu Alam.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                  "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                  Comment

                  Collapse

                  Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                  Working...
                  X