Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you humble yourself ????

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله و بركاته

Many times shaytan whispers can get into our nafs affecting it , sickening it and little by little introducing pride to our souls.

Sisters and brothers what do you do to discipline your nafs ? Or have you read anything regarding this subject?

shaykh Mitwalli al-Sharawi went to clean the toilets of the masjid when he felt pride in his heart.

I would appreciate it if you can share your ideas and thoughts.
    Last edited by ~ Jumana ~; 07-11-11, 06:10 PM.
    Jannah is my aim

Re: How do you humble yourself ????

serving others
    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
      serving others
      How serving them brother ? can you explain more pls ?
      Jannah is my aim

Comment

clean the toilets in the masajid, when you go the mosque take the shoes and put them into neat piles, find out if anyone needs help and go help them.
        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

May I ask the root of ur pride. Every pride has a root. Perhaps that’s what u need to work on.

Comment

Let`s say for example admiring your good deeds ..like ohh i am such a good muslim , i did so and so.Or something like that.
            Jannah is my aim

Comment

Treating everyone as equals. When I get to work every morning, I go to each individual and greet him with a big smile and a handshake regardless of whether I know him or not, including the cleaners/office boys (I greet the ladies with salaam and a wave of my hand from a distance )

The way I see it, had any one of the cleaners or office custodians been given a chance to study, they would probably ace their academic qualifications and excel at a professional occupation probably even better than me. They just haven't been given the chance, Allah did not plan it for them in this life. I try to be grateful when I remember that I am where I am because Allah chose this life for me. But subhan Allah, because the underprivileged live a hard and impoverished life, Allah let's the poor people into heaven first :)
              Last edited by Alien Earthling; 07-11-11, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alien Earthling View Post

Treating everyone as equals. When I get to work every morning, I go to each individual and greet him with a big smile and a handshake regardless of whether I know him or not, including the cleaners/office boys (I greet the ladies with salaam and a wave of my hand from a distance )

The way I see it, had any one of the cleaners or office custodians been given a chance to study, they would probably ace their academic qualifications and excel at a professional occupation probably even better than me. They just haven't been given the chance, Allah did not plan it for them in this life. I try to be grateful when I remember that I am where I am because Allah chose this life for me. But subhan Allah, because the underprivileged live a hard and impoverished life, Allah let's the poor people into heaven first :)
                Yep I agree.

If it wasn't for me not reading the inappropriate contents on my disabled account. I wouldn't have not requested it to be closed.
                Allah showed me to humble myself.
                ​​​​​​I would have carried on 'spamming' 'bumping 10 year old threads' as someone stated, useless and pointless unnecessary threads. Yes I agree.

I couldn't remember I had two accounts requested both to be deactivated and kept this one. Somehow with the Qadr off Allah logged in miraculously yesterday.

I am grateful for the difficulties and difficult people in my life. Allhumdullia
                Life's too short I'm gonna enjoy my last few days in here. In sha Allah.

​​​​

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X