Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make up

Hello everybody!

I just wanted to know if, as a woman, I was allowed to put on some makeup? I don't want to doll up, which would definitely be against my faith, but I am having some skin issues and would like to put on some blemish balm. Would that be OK?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Make up

Originally posted by Abla View Post
    Hello everybody!

I just wanted to know if, as a woman, I was allowed to put on some makeup? I don't want to doll up, which would definitely be against my faith, but I am having some skin issues and would like to put on some blemish balm. Would that be OK?

Thanks a lot!
    Why not use some specific cream or lotion for your condition rather than make-up ? - the latter is there for others to notice you; the former isn't.
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

These types of makeup are harmful to the skin and make blemishes worse. You're better off treating the problem than covering it up. :)
      "Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2

Comment

Well, actually, there are creams that do both?! Cover and treat the problem...
        But: am I really attracting attention if I cover my spots? I have the impression that I attract a lot more attention if I don't cover them and I'm really embarrassed...
        So, would that be against the Quran?

Thank you!

Comment

Well, actually, there are creams that do both?! Cover and treat the problem...
          But: am I really attracting attention if I cover my spots? I have the impression that I attract a lot more attention if I don't cover them and I'm really embarrassed...
          So, would that be against the Quran?

Thank you!
          If you realise that by using a certain cream/lotion, it's having an effect on the opposite gender (i.e. them looking at you etc..), then it would be best to use something less conspicuous (i.e. something with a lesser effect to others).
          'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Just get into a good cleaning routine with cleaner/a scrub and some treatment and thats better to treat the problem rather than cover it up which wont help.

I have to admit when i get the odd spot i tend to cover it up, just the spot, i dont do a full cake face or anything, and then i just make sure i wash it off before wudu...i dont know if this is wrong or not allahu allam. Would be nice to find out a fatwa about this - ie specifically about just concealing a unsightly spot, obviously makeup to enhance is not right for going out.
            Patience...

Comment

Covering up zits or pimples with any kind of makeup only makes it worse and takes longer to heal. Getting into a routine to keep your skin clean and healthy is best. If your problem is serious see a dermatologist if over the counter products don't work for you.
              Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Grease monkeys get a lot of spots.
                There is rest only in the aakhira.
                Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
                and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
                then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
                That's right, a nude dog.
                The Deepweb is disgusting.
                - Unknown -

Links
                The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
                Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

Hello everybody!

Thanks a lot!
                  Originally posted by -Jibril- View Post
                  Grease monkeys get a lot of spots.
                  I just looked up Greasemonkey... I'm not sure whether this was a helpful answer...

I have decided to buy a vanishing creme that helps my skin and compensates reddish spots at once... I definitely have no intention to attract any attention, but I don't like seeing me anymore, that's why I want to do sth against my bad skin. Thanks a lot for all of your tips!

Comment

I hope some of the replies helped!

I just wanted to add that it is important to women to feel that they are pretty, and I think make-up often helps their self-esteem.

What I want to say is that natural beauty is really the best and most practical, and inshAllah with a good husband your self-esteem should never go down again in regards to these things!
                    If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                    There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Originally posted by EdiPub
                      According to Mufti Elias:
                      Its not permissible to remove eyebrow hair by any means, but cutting head hair is fine, so this fatwa is confusing.
                      Patience...

Comment

Some women overdo the make-up they look like clowns, I dunno if I should laugh or feel sorry for them...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X