• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abla
    replied
    Re: moisturiser on face and wudu

Originally posted by islam lover View Post
    Salam alaikum.
    I wanted to ask about doing wudu when you have moisturiser or foundation on ur face. Do you have to remove it by using soap or does the water still reach the skin if you dont remove it. I always wash my face with soap first in order to do this but do i have to?
    Is wudu still valid if i just wash it with water as normal?
    Originally posted by Abla View Post
    I have read that it depended on the sort of makeup you use... For example, BB Cream can be washed off quite easily after what I've heard...
    But anyway, I was told that muslim women were not allowed to wear any makeup if it was intended to attract anyone's attention...
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...308962-Make-up

Leave a comment:

• Abla
    replied

I have read that it depended on the sort of makeup you use... For example, BB Cream can be washed off quite easily after what I've heard...

Leave a comment:

• Wolfn
    replied

What about putting black seed oil on your face for the beard? Would I still have to wash that off with each wudu? It's sort of a pain in the butt to keep applying.

Leave a comment:

• Juvegirl
    replied
    If you just had dust on your face I don't think you need more than wudhu. But if you had grease for example, like from a car, then I think you would have to wash it off. Idk. But regular foundation and other make up won't come off with just water.

Leave a comment:

• inprogress
    replied

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
    moisturizer is absorbed into the skin, foundation is a layer that stays on the skin. iv never heard of a foundation that gets absorbed into the skin.
    Pretty much anything that you put on your skin gets absorbed to some degree. That aside, I understand what you mean, that foundation is meant to stay on your skin, not in it. But just like dirt or the natural oil your skin produces, I don't think most normal foundations would make an impenetrable coat over your skin. If that was the case it wouldn't be washed off by water. Usually, when you make wudu, the majority of things are washed off your face leaving what your face naturally produces. That is to say like if you were outside and your face is dirty, do you have to wash it off with soap and then do wudu when the wudu itself washes you?

Leave a comment:

• Medievalist
    replied

patta patta boota boota, zikr e Khuda mein khoyaaa!

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied

AbuRambo take Med to dhikr majlis instead

May Allah enlighten our hearts and faces with the light of rememberance

Leave a comment:

• Medievalist
    replied

what u trying to say? I've seen a bengali Ml who's face was blazing with nur after he returned from hajj, he didn't go any lighter.

dont be racist.

laa hawlaa . . .

Leave a comment:

• .Abu.Rambo.
    replied

if you want a lighter face pray tahajud regularly with sincerity you can see the difference in peoples faces (:

Leave a comment:

• PakiBaz
    replied

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
    how does a guy go about experimenting with foundation? I wanna go a few shades lighter. any tips?
    nur 76 bro , if your case is extreme then try the advanced package, also let me know the results :up:

Leave a comment:

• .Abu.Rambo.
    replied

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
    Rambo, take Med to Selfridges and get them to do a makeover for him.
    Yeah that's perfectly normal and won't scar me for life.

Leave a comment:

• Sister_2009
    replied

Originally posted by islam lover View Post
    Salam alaikum.
    I wanted to ask about doing wudu when you have moisturiser or foundation on ur face. Do you have to remove it by using soap or does the water still reach the skin if you dont remove it. I always wash my face with soap first in order to do this but do i have to?
    Is wudu still valid if i just wash it with water as normal?
    It would probably be best to do a search for this on a site like Islam Q&A. As far as I'm aware, some moisturizers penetrate the skin and others do not. About foundation, I think it depends on what type you are using. If it was a mineral foundation, it may just wash off with water. I don't think there is a one-size-fits-all answer for your question.

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

Originally posted by inprogress View Post
    I don't really see that difference between lotion and foundation. Doesn't the wudu itself wash it off?
    moisturizer is absorbed into the skin, foundation is a layer that stays on the skin. iv never heard of a foundation that gets absorbed into the skin.

Leave a comment:

• Zesty
    replied

Lotion is rubbed into the skin, absorbed and penetrated into the skin from my understanding. Whereas foundation has coating I would assume, oe is less permeable through the skn (that's what I would assume from the texture of it, don't really wear it myself so wouldn't know). Generally though you can feel the difference on your skin in my opinion, unless makeup is so revolutionized these days that you cant :D anyway, safer to just wash your face very well before making wudhu just to be on the safe side inshaAllah

Leave a comment:

• inprogress
    replied

I don't really see that difference between lotion and foundation. Doesn't the wudu itself wash it off?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X