Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: moisturiser on face and wudu

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
    how does a guy go about experimenting with foundation? I wanna go a few shades lighter. any tips?
    :S I bet u tried it already
    There is no such thing as an Israel,
    It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
      Try yogurt and Chana flour
      ...with some haldi and lemon juice added to it :)
      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

How about water based foundation?
        Alhumdulillah

Comment

Originally posted by islam lover View Post
          How about water based foundation?
          Might come off with just soap and water, but IDK for certain because the pigments and other chemicals in it might be strong enough to resist.

I very very rarely wear any make up at home, and I don't include foundation, etc. If my husband didn't like to see a little make up once in a while, I would never wear it.

Honestly they hurt your skin more than they help it, I suggest a good face scrub (I use one from clinique), a light moisturizer (depends on your face) and a decent lip balm (I use a blistex with SPF). This way your skin will be clean and smooth. Drink plenty of water to avoid breakouts and give yourself facials every couple of months. Leave the foundation, et al for major events, photographs, etc.

Unless you're over 40, your skin won't really benefit from it anyway. It's the media that tries to get every young girl to look like a Kardashian (spelling?). The makeup isn't what is making them look that good anyway, it's the airbrushing. No matter how much makeup you use you can't compete with computers :)
          "Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2

Comment

I don't really see that difference between lotion and foundation. Doesn't the wudu itself wash it off?
            Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

Lotion is rubbed into the skin, absorbed and penetrated into the skin from my understanding. Whereas foundation has coating I would assume, oe is less permeable through the skn (that's what I would assume from the texture of it, don't really wear it myself so wouldn't know). Generally though you can feel the difference on your skin in my opinion, unless makeup is so revolutionized these days that you cant :D anyway, safer to just wash your face very well before making wudhu just to be on the safe side inshaAllah
              *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Originally posted by inprogress View Post
                I don't really see that difference between lotion and foundation. Doesn't the wudu itself wash it off?
                moisturizer is absorbed into the skin, foundation is a layer that stays on the skin. iv never heard of a foundation that gets absorbed into the skin.
                The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Originally posted by islam lover View Post
                  Salam alaikum.
                  I wanted to ask about doing wudu when you have moisturiser or foundation on ur face. Do you have to remove it by using soap or does the water still reach the skin if you dont remove it. I always wash my face with soap first in order to do this but do i have to?
                  Is wudu still valid if i just wash it with water as normal?
                  It would probably be best to do a search for this on a site like Islam Q&A. As far as I'm aware, some moisturizers penetrate the skin and others do not. About foundation, I think it depends on what type you are using. If it was a mineral foundation, it may just wash off with water. I don't think there is a one-size-fits-all answer for your question.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                    Rambo, take Med to Selfridges and get them to do a makeover for him.
                    Yeah that's perfectly normal and won't scar me for life.
                    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                      how does a guy go about experimenting with foundation? I wanna go a few shades lighter. any tips?
                      nur 76 bro , if your case is extreme then try the advanced package, also let me know the results :up:

Comment

if you want a lighter face pray tahajud regularly with sincerity you can see the difference in peoples faces (:
                        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

what u trying to say? I've seen a bengali Ml who's face was blazing with nur after he returned from hajj, he didn't go any lighter.

dont be racist.

laa hawlaa . . .
                          Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

AbuRambo take Med to dhikr majlis instead

May Allah enlighten our hearts and faces with the light of rememberance
                            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

patta patta boota boota, zikr e Khuda mein khoyaaa!
                              Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
                                moisturizer is absorbed into the skin, foundation is a layer that stays on the skin. iv never heard of a foundation that gets absorbed into the skin.
                                Pretty much anything that you put on your skin gets absorbed to some degree. That aside, I understand what you mean, that foundation is meant to stay on your skin, not in it. But just like dirt or the natural oil your skin produces, I don't think most normal foundations would make an impenetrable coat over your skin. If that was the case it wouldn't be washed off by water. Usually, when you make wudu, the majority of things are washed off your face leaving what your face naturally produces. That is to say like if you were outside and your face is dirty, do you have to wash it off with soap and then do wudu when the wudu itself washes you?
                                Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X