Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moisturiser on face and wudu

Salam alaikum.
    I wanted to ask about doing wudu when you have moisturiser or foundation on ur face. Do you have to remove it by using soap or does the water still reach the skin if you dont remove it. I always wash my face with soap first in order to do this but do i have to?
    Is wudu still valid if i just wash it with water as normal?
    Alhumdulillah

Re: moisturiser on face and wudu

moisturizer, no, you don't have to 'remove' with soap as the skin absorbs it anyway.

foundation i have no idea as i hardly wear it, and even if one does what a hassle, washing it off everytime one does wudhu? i don't know what people who wear foundation all day do about wudhu. re-applying all the time would be annoying, plus wouldn't it have a bad effect on the skin? allahu alam
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

foundation must be removed, preferably with a make up remover because soap might not take it all off. Moisturizer is okay.

Now if you get into things like tinted moisturizer...IDK.

Incidentally, foundation is *really* bad for your skin.
      "Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2

Comment

If there is sometihng that prevents even a drop of water touching apart of the skin where wudhu is fard then it won't be valid as far as I'm aware. I'm told for creams/moisturiser that it's best to wash them off then re apply them.
        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Moisturizer goes into the skin. There is nothing to wash off. Kind of like henna, to give you an example.

Make up sits on the surface, unless it is a cream-based makeup, which might be partially absorbed by the skin. Plain old soap and water is not always effective in removing some modern makeup, as much of it is "long wear" or "waterproof". Makeup remover, followed by soap and water, followed by wudhu. (followed by re-moisturizing, followed by reapplication)

I honestly cannot imagine putting on and taking off makeup like this. Far easier to not put it on in the first place :D
          "Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2

Comment

how does a guy go about experimenting with foundation? I wanna go a few shades lighter. any tips?
            Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

Rambo, take Med to Selfridges and get them to do a makeover for him.
              وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

:jkk:

Comment

You're kidding right. Med, you need to start loving your skin tone as it is :p your obsession is unhealthy
                  *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

hum kalein hain to kya huwa, adil waley hain kind thing??

Comment

Have you tried Fair and Lovely Med.

My apologies to the OP, some forum members get very upset when dont address their issues instantly.
                      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

he's obviously kidding ...
                        The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                        (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                        In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                          hum kalein hain to kya huwa, adil waley hain kind thing??
                          Exactly lol
                          *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

fair and lovely = frawd

pharmaclinix = expensive

foundation = unknown.

Comment

Try yogurt and Chana flour

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X