X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: stopped by a Muslim for giving dawah

Originally posted by Ombres View Post
    nor has he, luckily, any authority over Churches
    That was my point. I was using that as an "illustration" of his position of "authority". That is to say: if he was true to his stance on "fighting the distribution of false information" it would not be Muslims that he would be talking to or taking action against. Since it is, he is actually acting for some othe rmotivation than the one he claims.

It is often the case that a person of a particular community feels brave and empowered to bully and harrass others in that community because they expect a level of behaviour back that won't harm them. This works with people outside of that community as well on occassion, for example a non-muslim may see a Muslim in "religious" attire and think that "this person will be meek, accomodating and non-violent" and therefore feel like they can take some liberties that they would otherwise think twice about taking. I personally enjoy handing out "rude awakenings" but that is just me.
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

sisters in a community near me were forbidden by the local madkhalis from gathering one night per week to READ QURAN together, because they did not have a scholar sitting with them
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
        sisters in a community near me were forbidden by the local madkhalis from gathering one night per week to READ QURAN together, because they did not have a scholar sitting with them
        They were forbidden to read Quran together? Subhanallah.

I personally stopped attending the sisters halaqa at my masjid because they don't have a scholar among them, but just reading Quran? This is something else altogether. If they are really concerned they could have furnished them with a tafsir or made someone available for questions. Not forbid them from doing reading Quran.

Reminds me of the church back in my parents' time, forbidding people from reading the bible because 'they wouldn't understand it'. Astafghrilla.
        "Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2

Comment

salaam people

this is exactly what happened when i first came to islam.

Had different brothers saying 'oh dont believe so and so, he is a this, he is a that'

Always use to ask myself, what is the difference, I mean if islam prides on brotherhood and community, why?

So I decided to actually go do my own reading and research.

I realised a lot of what people do actually have no religious grounds or misinterpretations of different portions of islamic texts.

This man should be ashamed of himself. To stop the word of Allah being spread is criminal.
          Oh Allah, please make my best day the Day I meet You to answer for my sins, and please have mercy on the believers on the Day our deeds will be judged

Comment

Originally posted by Juvegirl View Post
            They were forbidden to read Quran together? Subhanallah.

I personally stopped attending the sisters halaqa at my masjid because they don't have a scholar among them, but just reading Quran? This is something else altogether. If they are really concerned they could have furnished them with a tafsir or made someone available for questions. Not forbid them from doing reading Quran.
            Why?
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Sis Thats There Problem If They Felt That Way Then They Should Start Their Own Stall :insha:

Keep Up The Good Work And May Allaah Reward You For Your Efforts Ameen x
              And He found you lost and guided you,
              ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
              " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
              ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by reb13 View Post
                I decided to actually go do my own reading and research.
                I also believe that this is, ultimately, what each one of us should do.

There is no substitute for taking your own decisions, on the basis of your own research.

No one can take over your responsibility

Comment

Wa alaikum as slaam.

Sister, please try and organise an Aqueedah lecture with a scholar and then invite the brevlis....

I'm being serious.
                  Fear Allah.

Comment

The bidat barelvis tend to be very stubborn; many of them have been brainwashed into the shirk-like beliefs from the elders. It's going to be quite difficult to sway them from the Satanic path.

Insha'Allah it can be done.
                    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

If you could give me the name of Masjid and the location of it.Maybe I can be of some help to you.
                      صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
                      Al-Muslimeen

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X