Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stopped by a Muslim for giving dawah

Asalaamualaykum,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and inshaaAllah would like some advise.

Alhamdullah me and few sisters have organised a dawah group. There is not much Muslims in our area. so we thought we should invite people to Islam as there is no one taking on this role.

as we were sisters we thought of doing this in a venue as it would be safe for us, it has taken us about 7 months to organise the dawah project. Alhamdullah with His help we found a venue and had all the resources.

so the day of our Dawah workshop came, there was us sisters and my brother. Alhamdullah at the beginning it went really well. We had few other brothers coming in who wanted to help, so i told my brother why don't you and the brothers hand out the booklets to the public. Alhamdullah they were doing such a good job.

However a local guy came from a masjid near by, here is me thinking he wanted to come and see what we were doing. the brothers came in to get more books, before they could head off the guy took them outside and started to chat to them. I don't know what he was telling them but they stopped giving the books out.

i was really upset as we took a very long time to set this dawah workshop up and could not understand why he would do that. I thought i would have problems with non Muslims but no it was a Muslim we had a problem with.

later on i found out the masjid he was from was a sufi/brealvi masjid and he didn't not agree with the books and leaflets we had which was from Iera and IDCI and they happen to believe they are wahhabis or something.

My intention was to spread the banner of that is it. i hate when people like this have to do all of this sort of things and also they do not give dawah but they are quick to stop what we were doing.

i just want them to get off our backs so that we can carry on what we are doing. but how do i that without having a confrontation.

i hate all this stupid division why cant we just unite.
    'Whenever I remember that day.......I think Allah will never forgive me---- and I faint' :lailah:
    Sa'eed Ibn Amir (ra)

Re: stopped by a Muslim for giving dawah

:wswrwb:

Ignore them, sis.

What exactly is it that they disagree with?

It's not like non-Muslims are going to come up and ask what Imam Shafi'i said 'bout the beard, so what's the big deal?

May Allah reward your efforts.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

JazakAllah khair bro at the moment i really need support and encouragement

they really hate Iera and i don't know why, have you heard of them?
      'Whenever I remember that day.......I think Allah will never forgive me---- and I faint' :lailah:
      Sa'eed Ibn Amir (ra)

Comment

Yeah, I've heard of them. I was watching a video and Brother Hamza Andreas Tzortzis was giving out leaflets and wearing their shirt.

This is their site: http://www.iera.org.uk/

And, what more can they do, really? It's not like they own the place. You do your thing, and they do theirs. If they are causing problems, then you can get the police. InshaAllah, don't let this put you off. I'd get more brothers to join in, InshaAllah.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

That was my plan to get those brothers in who wanted to help but they run away. :(

but its like they undoing all the hard work we have done.

InshaaAllah i suppose it our intention and Allah does things for a good reason.
          Sa'eed Ibn Amir (ra)

Comment

If worse comes to worse, the most you'd have to do is find a new location. So, it's not that you'll lose all your 7 months of work over this petty issue.

is there any other masjid besides that one? did they not tell the brothers what the problem is with the leaflet? Maybe, it's something worth looking into? Do you have the leaflet that you can put up online?

Comment

Originally posted by LiveIslam View Post
              JazakAllah khair bro at the moment i really need support and encouragement

they really hate Iera and i don't know why, have you heard of them?
              From my understanding, iera are the leading Dawah group in the UK, Mashallah they've done a good job.

Anyways, please ignore them.

Some motivation for you -

The Messenger Muhammad (saw) said:

"Some peoples will come on the Day of Judgement and their Iman will be outstanding, it's light will shine from their chests and from their right hands. It will be said to them, 'Glad tidings for you today, Assalamu Alaikum and goodness for you, enter into it (Jannah) forever! So the angels and the Prophets will be jealous of the love of Allah for them". The Sahabah asked, ' Who are they O Messenger of Allah?' He (saw) replied, "They are not from us and they are not from you. You are my companions but they are my beloved. These will come after you and will find the book (the Qur'an) made redundant by the people, and a Sunnah which has been killed by them. They will grab hold of the book and the Sunnah and revive them. Then, they will read them and teach them (the Qur'an and the Sunnah) to the people and they will experience in that path a punishment more severe and more ugly than what you (O Sahabah) have experienced. Indeed, the Iman of one of them is equivalent to the Iman of forty of you. The Shaheed of one of them is equivalent to forty of your Shuhadaa'. Because you found a helper towards the truth (the Prophet [saw]) and they will find no helper towards the truth. They will be surrounded by tyrant rulers in every place, and they will be in the surroundings of Bayt ul-Maqdis (al-Quds). The Nusrah (victorious material support) of Allah will come to them, and they will have the honour of it on their hands". Then he (saw) said "O Allah give them the Nusrah and make them my close friends in Jannah".

[Musnad al-Imam Ahmad, chain no. 77, Hadith no. 17561]
              Last edited by Perseveranze; 31-10-11, 01:22 AM.
              A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

we trying to discuss another way to hold it so they don't find out about it.

Its Iera's publication so you can find it online http://www.onereason.info/ in the book it does not mention any fiqh issue or even Islam e.g pillars but talks about the existing of God by using logic and common sense. it was done by abdur rahmeem green which they hate. but mashallah people have converted to islam due to the book and their organisation.

like i said we are few muslim so that is our closest masjid, hardly go to it the next one is about 30-35 min away
                Sa'eed Ibn Amir (ra)

Comment

Originally posted by Perseveranze View Post
                  From my understanding, iera are the leading Dawah group in the UK, Mashallah they've done a good job.

"Some peoples will come on the Day of Judgement and their Iman will be outstanding, it's light will shine from their chests and from their right hands. It will be said to them, 'Glad tidings for you today, Assalamu Alaikum and goodness for you, enter into it (Jannah) forever! So the angels and the Prophets will be jealous of the love of Allah for them". The Sahabah asked, ' Who are they O Messenger of Allah?' He (saw) replied, "They are not from us and they are not from you. You are my companions but they are my beloved. These will come after you and will find the book (the Qur'an) made redundant by the people, and a Sunnah which has been killed by them. They will grab hold of the book and the Sunnah and revive them. Then, they will read them and teach them (the Qur'an and the Sunnah) to the people and they will experience in that path a punishment more severe and more ugly than what you (O Sahabah) have experienced. Indeed, the Iman of one of them is equivalent to the Iman of forty of you. The Shaheed of one of them is equivalent to forty of your Shuhadaa'. Because you found a helper towards the truth (the Prophet [saw]) and they will find no helper towards the truth. They will be surrounded by tyrant rulers in every place, and they will be in the surroundings of Bayt ul-Maqdis (al-Quds). The Nusrah (victorious material support) of Allah will come to them, and they will have the honour of it on their hands". Then he (saw) said "O Allah give them the Nusrah and make them my close friends in Jannah".

jazakallah khair for the that, im speechless and when i read it tears came up. but i dont think im suffering as much as some people out there subhanallah
                  Sa'eed Ibn Amir (ra)

Comment

Do the following:
                    Continue with your Da`wa and don't stop because of him, he just needs a brave person to stand in his face and give the harsh words.
                    second of Allah if he argues more or tries to tell you these are wahabi publishing, ask him isn't these the words of the Messenger of Allah prayers and peace of Allah be upon him?
                    Believe me these type of people are cowards who need someone to stand for them and thats it.
                    May Allah make your way easy, the way to Da`wa is hard, but you have to go through this. The the Messenger of Allah prayers and peace of Allah be upon him went through more than this.
                    islamway
                    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

I too loathe this Muslim v. Muslim crap. Don't give the pamphlets out at the masjid, go somewhere more public and do it there, where it is permitted inshallah, and make your dawah.

Since there is no other masjid nearby, I wonder if your group could petition the other Muslims in your neighbourhood to start a small non-sufi masjid? I know sometimes people will hold prayers above their shops, etc.

May Allah swt bless you and your efforts and the efforts of your companions. May you be blessed in this life and the next. Don't be discouraged. Pray for the man who tried to stop you, that he be guided.
                      "Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2

Comment

Originally posted by LiveIslam View Post
                        Asalaamualaykum,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and inshaaAllah would like some advise.

Alhamdullah me and few sisters have organised a dawah group. There is not much Muslims in our area. so we thought we should invite people to Islam as there is no one taking on this role.

as we were sisters we thought of doing this in a venue as it would be safe for us, it has taken us about 7 months to organise the dawah project. Alhamdullah with His help we found a venue and had all the resources.

so the day of our Dawah workshop came, there was us sisters and my brother. Alhamdullah at the beginning it went really well. We had few other brothers coming in who wanted to help, so i told my brother why don't you and the brothers hand out the booklets to the public. Alhamdullah they were doing such a good job.

However a local guy came from a masjid near by, here is me thinking he wanted to come and see what we were doing. the brothers came in to get more books, before they could head off the guy took them outside and started to chat to them. I don't know what he was telling them but they stopped giving the books out.

i was really upset as we took a very long time to set this dawah workshop up and could not understand why he would do that. I thought i would have problems with non Muslims but no it was a Muslim we had a problem with.

later on i found out the masjid he was from was a sufi/brealvi masjid and he didn't not agree with the books and leaflets we had which was from Iera and IDCI and they happen to believe they are wahhabis or something.

My intention was to spread the banner of that is it. i hate when people like this have to do all of this sort of things and also they do not give dawah but they are quick to stop what we were doing.

i just want them to get off our backs so that we can carry on what we are doing. but how do i that without having a confrontation.

i hate all this stupid division why cant we just unite.
                        Wa Aalaikum Assalam

Have heart dear sister, doesn't it give you pride that you are closer to the rasool peace be upon him? Didn't many people block his efforts to spread the deen, as a sincere soft man who was just trying to help people?

If everything was to be simple and straightforward, where would be the reward? Anyone can do something if it has no challenges, but when you face obstacles and overcome them, there is the true test to you from Allah azzawajal.

Sisters are soft, so I know you feel these things a lot more, and alhamdulilah for that. But use the opportunity to praise Allah, and thank Him that he deemed you worthy of placing obstacles like this. It is painful when it is from your own muslim brother, but understand that some muslims are in need of help and have lost wisdom or often times understanding of the deen itself.

I have met brother Hamza Tzortzis and he is a wonderful brother, may Allah give him jannah. They have good material from what I have seen.

One good thing to do would be to strength your brother as a leader, so that he can lead the effort for the men's side. If he is strong in character and in understanding islam, he can go a long way with the aid of Allah!

Originally posted by Perseveranze View Post

Ah akhi, I don't think this hadith is authentic (me and a few brothers looked for it but we have not been able to find it).

There are however ahadith with similar meanings:

"Allah has servants who are neither Prophets nor martyrs, yet the martyrs and Prophets acknowledge their ranks and their nearness to Allah on the day of Judgment. Then a Bedouin bent on his knees and said: "O Messenger of Allah! Describe them and explain them for us." He said: "They are of different peoples that do not belong to their tribes. They befriended each other and loved each other for the sake of Allah. On the Day of Judgment, Allah will make for them platforms of Light on which they will sit. People will fear, but they will not fear. They are Allah's friends (awliyaa') azza wa jall, on whom there is no fear, nor shall they grieve". [Al Haakim]

"Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers." It was asked, "Who are those strangers, O Messenger of Allah?" He replied, "Those that correct the sunnah when the people become corrupt." [Al-Tabaraani]

"The Deen will shrink back to the Hijaz as a snake shrinks back to its hole, and the Deen shall find refuge in the Hijaz in the same manner that mountain-goats find refuge on the tops of mountains. Indeed, the Deen began as something uncommon and strange and it shall certainly return again to be something uncommon and strange. Therefore, Tuba (glad tidings) awaits the strangers, those who have set aright, after I am gone, that of my Sunnah which the people have corrupted." [reported by Tirmidhi]

"A people will come on the Day of Judgment whose light will be like that of the sun. Abu Bakr said: will that be we O Messenger of Allah? He said: No, You have a great reward but they will be the poor immigrants who will be raised from all regions of the earth. Then he said: blessed are the strangers, blessed are the strangers, and blessed are the strangers. He was asked: who are the strangers? He said: The righteous people who will be few good people amongst many bad people; those who disobey them are more than those who obey them" [Ahmed and Tabarani]

A Hadith in Musnad Ahmed: قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وَدِدْتُ أَنِّي لَقِيتُإِخْوَانِي قَالَ فَقَالَ أَصْحَابُ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَوَلَيْسَ نَحْنُ إِخْوَانَكَ قَالَ أَنْتُمْ أَصْحَابِي وَلَكِنْ إِخْوَانِي الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا بِي وَلَمْ يَرَوْنِي
                        The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "I would love that I could see my brothers." The Sahaba asked: "Are we not your brothers?" He replied: "You are my companions, but my brothers are those who believe in me and have not seen me."

A Hadith in Al-Tirmithi:
                        إِنَّ مِنْ وَرَائِكُمْ أَيَّامًا الصَّبْرُ فِيهِنَّ مِثْلُ الْقَبْضِ عَلَى الْجَمْرِ ، لِلْعَامِلِ فِيهِنَّ مِثْلُ أَجْرِ خَمْسِينَ رَجُلًا يَعْمَلُونَ مِثْلَ عَمَلِكُمْ ، قَالَ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ الْمُبَارَكِ وَزَادَنِي غَيْرُ عُتْبَةَ : قِيلَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَجْرُ خَمْسِينَ مِنَّا أَوْ مِنْهُمْ ؟! قَالَ بَلْ أَجْرُ خَمْسِينَ مِنْكُمْ
                        The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "Ahead of you are days of patience, some of them are like holding onto a hot coal. The person working (for Islam) during those days receives the reward of fifty men for a similar act from one of you." Abdullah Ibn Al-Mubarak asked: "Fifty of them, or fifty of us?" He replied: "Fifty of you."
                        If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                        There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Tell him to go to the Churches and stop them ringing their bells and preaching Shirk. Once he has eradicated the Christian influence from the area he can come and discuss the difference in opinion amongst the Muslims.

He has no authority over you or what information you distribute. I'd give him whatever the Islamic equivilant of the middle finger....politely.
                          www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

This is a common problem unfortunately.

I took Yusuf Chambers down to my home town and we did 2 Shahadahs in 1 night in a mosque that hasn't had any Shahadas in the 15 or so years that they have been there.
                            It was a HUUUUUUUGE effort to get permission to get Yusuf to give a talk there, we travelled all the way from London to be there and they gave use about 15 minutes - they did give us a few more minutes after the Tarrawih prayer but generally you will find Muslims tend to be some of the biggest obstacles in giving Da'wah.

My opinion is that I'd rather someone be doing bid'ah or having slightly deviant beliefs than being a kaffir - we should not be an obstacle in the da'wah if the people who are doing it are still Muslim.

You need to understand that da'wah isn't easy and you will always struggle, don't give up and persevere.

Ma'salaam
                            Hadith, Fiqh and Tafsir Scholarship
                            http://www.al-salam.co.uk/[B][COLOR="#006400"]

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
                              Tell him to go to the Churches and stop them ringing their bells and preaching Shirk.(...)

He has no authority over you or what information you distribute.
                              nor has he, luckily, any authority over Churches

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X