Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True Islamic Homeland for American Muslims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Islamic Homeland for American Muslims?

As-Salāmu `Alaykum,

I realize many Muslims emigrate to the US from what we as Americans think of as "Muslim" countries, but is there, or will there be, a TRUE "Muslim/Islamic" Homeland for displaced Muslims (particularly American Muslims, native-born) who wish to leave the US and live in an Islamic State?

Looking around the last decade or so, I don't think things are going to get any better here, unless we actually had the right to run a county, or state, etc, under Sharia (not likely), or had our own place. I apologize if my question seems to forward, or perhaps not appropriate in light of what Palestinians are going through (I can see the posts already), but Inshallah, those of us who actually reverted to Islam, chose Islam, and want to escape secularism/Christianity to live as true Muslims, and live in peace with our brothers and sisters--where can we go? Every day I see things in my "own" culture (that I grew up with, here in the US) that makes me literally sick to my stomach...and no one, except for perhaps Mormons (and observant Muslims), cares. There is so much sickness that all I can do is shake my head. We are imploding as a society and I don't want to be here, or play along with it, or have my children exposed to it.

Will there ever be a homeland, or place, or places, that people can actually go to because they are Muslims and want to live amongst other Muslims, without national identity, or past culture, being an issue?

Re: True Islamic Homeland for American Muslims?

Originally posted by TruthisNear432 View Post
    As-Salāmu `Alaykum,

I realize many Muslims emigrate to the US from what we as Americans think of as "Muslim" countries, but is there, or will there be, a TRUE "Muslim/Islamic" Homeland for displaced Muslims (particularly American Muslims, native-born) who wish to leave the US and live in an Islamic State?
    This has been a subject of much discussion, debate, etc here on the forum. The most common conclusion i've seen is the acceptance that their is no true Muslim 'country' or 'homeland' in existence today. I suppose in the traditional, secular sense it would be the 'middle east' - but realistically the mass immigration, demographics, etc, are changing the social structures of societies all over the world. You can see this in Europe especially.

In answering your question directly all that can be said is allahu alim.

Looking around the last decade or so, I don't think things are going to get any better here,
    Things often tend to get worse before they get better, akhi. There are lessons in such things.

unless we actually had the right to run a county, or state, etc, under Sharia (not likely),
    Akhi please disregard your thought process about the above. When it comes to human dignity, aspirations, self determination, etc, having the 'right' to pursue and secure these things is irrelevant. It took me a long time to realize this myself - but 'rights' put upon us by men, by governments, by kuffar (sp?), etc, are a distraction, they are excuses, they are safety nets for the governing and ruling elite. Freedoms and rights are a delusion much of the time.

When people strive for something that's as inseparable to the human spirit as digity, as justice, as security, as self determination, etc, then 'rights' in the modern connotation of the word are irrelevant. When people want something bad enough, when they desire it more than they desire the temporal life for themselves, they will take it.

Though the examples aren't perfect by any means, surely you can see this in popular social movements and revolutions through history - even today. Using the illogical argument of not having the 'right' to establish a country, nation, etc, or being able to promote and engage in shariah is the thinking of a colonized mindset - something unfortunately fairly common through Muslim nations. This mindset is like a set of shackles that has yet to be smashed by an awaiting hammer.

or had our own place

Sometimes having a 'place' is equal to a small community, a city, a county, village, etc. People fail to understand that demographics could potentially control the social environment in a certain location. Take the Amish, Mennonites, Mormons, and Indigenous peoples here in North America as an example. There's no reason Muslims can't follow their examples in establishing their own segregated communities.

those of us who actually reverted to Islam, chose Islam, and want to escape secularism/Christianity to live as true Muslims, and live in peace with our brothers and sisters--where can we go?
    "Wherever I go, there I am."

Every day I see things in my "own" culture (that I grew up with, here in the US) that makes me literally sick to my stomach...and no one, except for perhaps Mormons (and observant Muslims), cares.
    I'll give Mormons credit where it's due - they are certainly more devout and determined to preserve and proclaim their faith these days than many other denominations. That whole 'Jesus preached to the Indians' thing always never made sense to me though, ha ha.

There is so much sickness that all I can do is shake my head. We are imploding as a society and I don't want to be here, or play along with it, or have my children exposed to it.
    Welcome to the world of the cursed, akhi. All I can advise you to do is live a righteous, pious life and help your children to live the same way.

The 'civilized' society we live in didn't turn this way over night. It has been this way for a long while, and took a lot of time, manipulation, and demoralizing. A lot of the time all you can do to work against the said system and it's lap dogs is go against whats the common modus operandi. Attend the masjid, read Qur'an, help those in need, be an example, be faithful to your partner.

Those qualities in this day and age are revolutionary. So, alhumdulilah, be a revolutionary :up:

Will there ever be a homeland, or place, or places, that people can actually go to because they are Muslims and want to live amongst other Muslims, without national identity, or past culture, being an issue?
    Jannah.
    Back... for now.

Comment

Afghanistan under Taliban control, according to 75% of this forum.

Comment

Yes, it is called the khilafah, and we have not had one in almost a century (which is partly why things are so bad today).
        If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
        There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
          Yes, it is called the khilafah, and we have not had one in almost a century (which is partly why things are so bad today).
          though the khilafah was abolished in name in 1924 it had long been a turkish empire and a khilafah in name only and had abolished jiziyah, sold off parts of north africa to keep turkish lands safe, allowed fines for the rich instead of the hudud punishments.

Comment

JazakAllah Khayr brother,

Thank you for your thoughtful response. While reading it, I realized that so much of how I think, has been shaped (as is always the case) by my culture, and for the first time, I was and will be part of a community that many times has a completely different paradigm for thought processes and ideas--which I am enjoying. I watch the "news" in a completely different light now (these last few years). You then pointed that out. I tend to view "rights" as something agreed upon by reasonable men in a chamber somewhere (thus went the creation of the United States). That isn't a healthy way to think about "rights". Also, Mā šāʾ Allāh. I don't consider myself an "American" per se anymore, but a Muslim.

You bring it all back brother: Attend the masjid, read the Qur'an, help those in need, set the example, at home, everywhere, etc. Allah knows best.

Comment

Our homeland currently doesn't exist, which would've been the Islamic State/Caliphate. For now you can only think of "emigrating" to a "Muslim majority" country, one that tries to practice Islam best.

There was a time when Mecca(most important land of the Muslims), was owned by all Muslims. Ie. Unlike today, you didn't need all this visa crap or any label that said "your non-saudi". It would be as simple as, "I'm a Muslim, can I enter my land" and that would be it.
              A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Originally posted by DAAR84 View Post
                Sometimes having a 'place' is equal to a small community, a city, a county, village, etc. People fail to understand that demographics could potentially control the social environment in a certain location. Take the Amish, Mennonites, Mormons, and Indigenous peoples here in North America as an example. There's no reason Muslims can't follow their examples in establishing their own segregated communities.
                This is what I was thinking. Some people did it in New York, made a town that is all Muslims, but they are sufi. Think about all those isolated mormom communities, there is no reason Muslims couldn't also do that if we were organized.
                Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

darul islam is first in the heart of the believer
                  .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                  نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                  دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by ~Malaika~ View Post
                    Afghanistan under Taliban control, according to 75% of this forum.
                    Taliban may not be perfect but do you know of any other Muslim Jamaat there willing to and capable of ruling sincerely by the guidelines of the Quran and Sunnah alone ?
                    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
                    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

Originally posted by abu_fulan_fulan View Post
                      though the khilafah was abolished in name in 1924 it had long been a turkish empire and a khilafah in name only and had abolished jiziyah, sold off parts of north africa to keep turkish lands safe, allowed fines for the rich instead of the hudud punishments.
                      That's true but since the collapse of even that dynastic Khilafah the Muslim Ummah has faced a lot of troubles and humiliation worldwide .

They say something is better than nothing .

Inshallah the next Khilafah shall be similar to the Khulafa-e-Rashidun .
                      Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
                      deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul-Curim View Post
                        Taliban may not be perfect but do you know of any other Muslim Jamaat there willing to and capable of ruling sincerely by the guidelines of the Quran and Sunnah alone ?
                        ...Did I say contrary?

Comment

I guess Michigan is the closest now, here in the US. Arguably, Indonesia would be it, percentage-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by TruthisNear432 View Post
                            I guess Michigan is the closest now, here in the US. Arguably, Indonesia would be it, percentage-wise.
                            Ironically enough, the largest masjid in North America is in Dearborn, MI and cost $14 million dollars. Strangely enough... it is a Shia masjid.
                            Back... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by abu_fulan_fulan View Post
                              one thing which I find interesting is that, when Ataturk abolished the Caliphate in 1924, not many people seemed to care...

those who really cared, and reacted vigorously (the Khilafat movement) were actually located outside the Ottoman Caliphate, in British-ruled India

As far as I can see, the Ottoman Caliphate was, by that time, quite discredited in the mind of its former citizens, and few of them regretted its demise.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X