chicken soup-how do u make it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chicken soup-how do u make it?

assalamu alaikum. Those of u who make chicken soap can u plz post up 'ur' recipies. What we add to the chicken is onion, garlic,ginger, whole spices. How do u make it?

Re: chicken soup-how do u make it?

This is the easy peasy chicken soup recipe I use:

Chicken soup
    In a large pan, throw in 4 chicken thighs, a clove of garlic, a one inch chunk of fresh ginger, a teaspoon of salt, a level teaspoon of ground black pepper, 2-3 pints of water, bring the whole thing to a boil and leave it to boil for about 20 mins. Drain the soup liquid into a large soup bowl, remove the chicken meat from the bones and shred the chicken with your fingers (discard the ginger, garlic and chicken bones). To the soup bowl, add the juice of half a lime, 1-2 dessert spoons soy sauce, the shredded chicken pieces, stir together and serve with a drizzle of chilli oil on top and (optional) little julienne pieces of spring onion.

It can be served just like that on its own, but my mum prefers to have it with warm ciabatta bread whereas I prefer to boil a portion of soup in a pan with a portion of noodles for 5 mins until the noodles are softened and I have it as chicken noodle soup. I just like the simplicity of it, chuck a few things in a pan, leave it to boil and it's practically done.

NB: I asked my mum to make this for me once and instead of boiling it for 20 mins she said she made it in the pressure cooker which took five mins and tasted the same. It tastes good anyway but is also a particularly good cold remedy.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

jazakallah khair for that and thank u for answering my post...i just hope other sisters put something up to.

Comment

Salaam.

Egyptian Chicken Stock Soup (old School recipe)

very quick and simple soup ..... perfect with white rice

Ingredients
        1 whole chicken (skin left on)
        1 large cube of maggie chicken stock
        brids tonuge pasta
        half tsp salt

boil the chicken for 1 hour (be sure to tie the chicken up with string so it does not fall apart)
        remove the chicken and put into oven for half an hour to an hour
        lightly brown the birds toungue pasta in frying pan, no oil (be sure to keep an eye on it they can burn very quickly) leave to cool for 5 mins
        add the chicken stock cube to the chicken stock left over from the boiling chicken and add salt....bring it up to boil
        turn the gas down and slowly add the pasta(be sure to add the pasta slowly)
        once chicken has cooked and cooled, shread it up and put into soup.
        ;)

Comment

Originally posted by reena89 View Post
          Salaam.

Egyptian Chicken Stock Soup (old School recipe)

very quick and simple soup ..... perfect with white rice

Ingredients
          1 whole chicken (skin left on)
          1 large cube of maggie chicken stock
          brids tonuge pasta
          half tsp salt

boil the chicken for 1 hour (be sure to tie the chicken up with string so it does not fall apart)
          remove the chicken and put into oven for half an hour to an hour
          lightly brown the birds toungue pasta in frying pan, no oil (be sure to keep an eye on it they can burn very quickly) leave to cool for 5 mins
          add the chicken stock cube to the chicken stock left over from the boiling chicken and add salt....bring it up to boil
          turn the gas down and slowly add the pasta(be sure to add the pasta slowly)
          once chicken has cooked and cooled, shread it up and put into soup.
          ;)
          excuse my spelling ....

Comment

Tastes nice when you put lemon in there. I take it the soup will have quite alot of fat in from the chicken?
            SPREAD OF EVIL
            ZIONISM
            BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
              Tastes nice when you put lemon in there. I take it the soup will have quite alot of fat in from the chicken?
              yes you are right but i did forget to mention ..... while you are boiling the chicken in the pot ... you will have to remove the froth from it ..... its very tasty ... my husbands grandmother is Egyptian and she has given me the best recipes for arabic/egyptian food.

Comment

any asian ones?

Comment

water, salt, noodle and chicken
                  painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by Fatimah_Bibi View Post
                    any asian ones?
                    Add chilli powder
                    SPREAD OF EVIL
                    ZIONISM
                    BOLLYWOOD

Comment

I had a major fight with my wife over it, now I stay far from soups.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatimah_Bibi View Post
                        any asian ones?
                        dont know why i never heard of asian soup, i liked neelus recipe and usually we have with garlic bread

Comment

people make it different ways i dont think "asian" was the right word... back home in our countries they make it the way i said above.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X