Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting the face

Assalamualaikum,
    I have a major doubt regarding this topic. Now i know that Prophet(SAL) has not allowed to hit the face but my question is how about self defence or jihaad. Also is it allowed to practice to hit the face in order to stun the enemy, as it is a good place to knock them out cold (if you are going to take them as prisoners).
    This maybe taught in army boot camps as its fast and effective, so is it okay to practice?
    Furthermore i had another doubt related to this, is it okay if we practice martial arts where hitting the face is a foul but you can hit the sides of the head ( because most martial arts are like this).
    I have checked many articles about this, but almost all of them deal with boxing( i know that is haraam) but in the situations i mentioned above can someone explain. Or even better if someone could please find a fatwa ;)

Re: Hitting the face

Originally posted by SolidSheik View Post
    Assalamualaikum,
    I have a major doubt regarding this topic. Now i know that Prophet(SAL) has not allowed to hit the face but my question is how about self defence or jihaad. Also is it allowed to practice to hit the face in order to stun the enemy, as it is a good place to knock them out cold (if you are going to take them as prisoners).
    This maybe taught in army boot camps as its fast and effective, so is it okay to practice?
    Furthermore i had another doubt related to this, is it okay if we practice martial arts where hitting the face is a foul but you can hit the sides of the head ( because most martial arts are like this).
    I have checked many articles about this, but almost all of them deal with boxing( i know that is haraam) but in the situations i mentioned above can someone explain. Or even better if someone could please find a fatwa ;)
    :wswrwb:

If you can avoid hitting the face, then obviously that's what you need to do. In the heat of a fight, it can be difficult to do that though...
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
      :wswrwb:

If you can avoid hitting the face, then obviously that's what you need to do. In the heat of a fight, it can be difficult to do that though...
      No i am asking if there is an advantage in hitting the face, like you can stun the enemy then is it allowed or not

Comment

I'm pretty sure that in Jihad you can hit the guy in the face. I mean you can shoot, cut, stab and kill him it would be illogical to the extreme to be able to carve him up but "not hit his face".

Some Martial arts forbid hitting the face during competition and training the one that springs to mind is Kyokushin Karate.
        www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

No i am asking if there is an advantage in hitting the face, like you can stun the enemy then is it allowed or not
          Not sure.

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
          I'm pretty sure that in Jihad you can hit the guy in the face. I mean you can shoot, cut, stab and kill him it would be illogical to the extreme to be able to carve him up but "not hit his face".

Some Martial arts forbid hitting the face during competition and training the one that springs to mind is Kyokushin Karate.
          Maybe one of the reasons it's prohibited (generally) to hit the face is because it could disfigure it ? - since it's the main feature of 'man', that could be why.

ALLAH (SWT) and His Messenger (saaw) Know best.
          'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
            Maybe one of the reasons it's prohibited (generally) to hit the face is because it could disfigure it ? - since it's the main feature of 'man', that could be why.

ALLAH (SWT) and His Messenger (saaw) Know best.
            The question is not clear. if they are asking "Is it permissable to hit someone in the face for the purpose of training Martial arts?" then I too am unsure, I've hit plenty of people but i guess I should clarify it with the people of knowledge.

If the question is "Can you strike your enemy in the face?" as in a real situation when they intend you harm, I honestly cannot imagine Allah(SWT) forbidding such a thing when you are allowed to kill them in defence of yourself. hitting them in the face pales in compariosn to killing them and they won't need that "treasure" once they are dead.

Allah(SWT) knows best.

Comment

JazakAllah Khair for the replies, i know its not allowed to hit the face during sports(boxing etc) the only doubt i had was the question i posted above.If my question was not clear i will make it short
              "During Jihad/self-defence situations or practicing for Jihad is it allowed to hit the face?"

Comment

JazakAllah Khair for the replies, i know its not allowed to hit the face during sports(boxing etc) the only doubt i had was the question i posted above.If my question was not clear i will make it short
                "During Jihad/self-defence situations or practicing for Jihad is it allowed to hit the face?"
                "practicing for jihad" = training, which could fall under the same ruling as the sporting events. Depends who you ask, better to pick a scholar you trust and get the 411 from them.

Jihad which includes self-defence as that is also "Jihad", I would think that pretty much anything goes with the exception of killing those that aren't actually part of the fighting, Elderly, women, children, etc. Also there's rules on burning trees, killing livestock, etc but straight up: A thug is accosting you, I'd say by all means smash his face in. But agian I'd advise a scholar you trust and go from there.

I have links in my sig' if you want to ask a scholar online.

Comment

Someone needs to tell these things to the brothers who enjoy "sports" like MMA and Boxing.

Comment

Akhee. Ask Sheikh Saalih al Fawzaan or Sheikh Shinqeeti or someone similar.
                    :lailah:

This world is all work no real pleasure; the Hereafter is ALL pleasure, no work! ;)

:ahb:

Comment

Originally posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
                      Someone needs to tell these things to the brothers who enjoy "sports" like MMA and Boxing.
                      Nobody is perfect. It can equally be said that someone should highlight the evils of gambling which are associated with most professional sporting events today.

That results in No sports for anyone and possibly an increase in the number of men in the mosque that look like they are expecting babies such is the state of their physique.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X