Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US firm fires 26 Muslim drivers over prayer breaks

Originally posted by Juvegirl View Post
    And chitchatting and personal calls and hitting up the vending machine and...

However, these guys must get breaks. We don't have to pray exactly on the adhan except at Maghreb (well, close anyway) so there should be no reason not to pray on their breaks.

I suppose management is thinking, muhammad and fatima are wasting all the time the others are wasting AND they want 10 minutes 2-3 times a day to pray (depending on their shift and the time of year, of course). It's not as though every Muslim is a star employee who never takes bathroom breaks on company time.

IDK, perhaps they're making too much of something, but as a Muslim in the workforce, I fit my faith in around my job where I can without contravening the tenants of the faith, and my fit my job around my faith where it would otherwise compromise my deen. So if they don't like my clothes -too bad. And if it's Eid, I'm not working. But if Asr is at 3 and I take my break at 3:30, I pray at 3:30. Because Islam gives us that leeway.

While I won't let anyone steamroll over my commitment to Islam, I also don't want to be one those "victim" types that takes everything as something against me or my religion.

IMO, these guys should just pray on their breaks, no extra clocking necessary.
    sometimes the breaks are outside of salah time and now that its winter you have to make 3 salah in a 3 hour time span. in a 3 hour shift, your not legally entitled to even a 15 min break.
    painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X