Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrified of idea of Eternity in Jannah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrified of idea of Eternity in Jannah?

Salams everyone,

I'm only 17 but ever since I was about 11 the idea of being forever in Jannah has terrified me. Actually, I am a horrible Muslim but I'm making efforts to be much better. I've been reading Quran, memorizing duas and praying. Sometimes (actually almost everyday now) I think about this concept and I start feeling sick, hyperventilating or just getting panic attacks. Occasionally I would cry for no reason because of this. I know it's almost impossible for our minds to comprehend, and that the idea of jahanum is much worse but I'm still scared either way. Any advice or have others felt this way?

Re: Terrified of idea of Eternity in Jannah?

I will be grateful to God, if he puts an end to my existence after this life.
    Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

Sure, there nothing to panic about when it comes to Jannah, Allah created us and he created jannah and he knows us better than we know ourselves so Jannah will the most perfect place for us and it will have everything we could ever wish for and more. In jannah our version of happiness will be met to a degree we didnt realise. What you think is happiness isnt happiness because you cant know whether or not its suitable for an Eternal life. Allah on the other hand has no limits to his knowledge and power so Jannah will be as great as Allah says it and remember nothing in this dunya is at all of an amazing nature because it wouldnt be as chaotic and painful as it is. So we cant imgaine Jannah. You are trying to imagine something you cant, you are worrying about something you shouldn't be worrying about. Shaytaan comes to us in every form he can and tries to bring doubts in us and our beliefs, it is shaytaan making you feel insecure despite the beautiful reassurance of Jannah Allah has given as a greater reward than the efforts we make in this world. Merely through his infinite mercy :) Allah akbar. Just keep trying and making du'aa that Allah eases these worries of yours. When we over think a good situation as bad then we know it is from shaytaan who wishes us to see good as otherwise

Comment

I find the idea of existing for eternity scary sometimes. Just remember that everything is different in Jannah, it's not like this world at all subhanAllah. It's not something you can visualise. The unknown can be really scary, and death is one great big huge unknown for us, a journey no-one returns from, so of course it's scary. Just remember that Allah has planned it all so the righteous will be happy and looked after in death, more happy and contented than we can ever imagine, and the evildoers will suffer tourments worse than anything we can imagine. So trust in Allah and do your best to be a good Muslim and make dua to Allah for you to be one of those who go to Jannah.
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
        [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Vishnu View Post
          I will be grateful to God, if he puts an end to my existence after this life.
          Not gonna happen, either you will face tempral punishment and be admitted to Jannah latter (assuming you Accept Islam and Die as a Muslim) OR you will face Eternal Torment and Punishment in Jahannam.

can't imagine why someone would be "Terrified" at the Prospect of Living Forever free of all pain/hurt/ilnesses ...

regards
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
            Not gonna happen, either you will face tempral punishment and be admitted to Jannah latter (assuming you Accept Islam and Die as a Muslim) OR you will face Eternal Torment and Punishment in Jahannam.

can't imagine why someone would be "Terrified" at the Prospect of Living Forever free of all pain/hurt/ilnesses ...

regards
            Or you will be admitted to Jannah without the temporal punishment, assuming that you die as a Muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
              I can't imagine why someone would be "Terrified" at the Prospect of Living Forever free of all pain/hurt/ilnesses ...
              if you haven't been raised as a Muslim, the idea of living for eternity (in any circumstances) can be terrifying. I had this problem when I first reverted, cause I was raised with the atheist idea of death. As a small child I couldn't concieve of consciousness ending, so I thought death was being trapped in a lifeless, decaying body buried underground, so when I understood the idea of consciousness ending, I found it comforting, and the idea of being alive ***forever*** terrifying because I imagined what humans would evolve into in the future, like some sci-fi novel about a horrific future, and having to live through all of it, see the death of planet earth etc. So I preferred the idea of consciousness ending. Then when I became Muslim and was confronted with the idea of living forever............ it *was* scary. It took me a while to comprehend the happiness part of eternal happiness.

If you are born Muslim and find all the above bizarre/disturbing, thank Allah for being raised in Islam. :up: if you are atheist and reading this, you need to be *really really* careful how you explain death to your children, because young children can't concieve of consciousness ending.
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
              [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by SilverLining View Post
                Salams everyone,

I'm only 17 but ever since I was about 11 the idea of being forever in Jannah has terrified me. Actually, I am a horrible Muslim but I'm making efforts to be much better. I've been reading Quran, memorizing duas and praying. Sometimes (actually almost everyday now) I think about this concept and I start feeling sick, hyperventilating or just getting panic attacks. Occasionally I would cry for no reason because of this. I know it's almost impossible for our minds to comprehend, and that the idea of jahanum is much worse but I'm still scared either way. Any advice or have others felt this way?
                if you think eternity in jannah is bad, imagine eternity in jahanum
                .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

When one lacks knowledge about akhirah then all sorts of confusing and strange thoughts emerge.

So gain knowledge about Akhirah.

Socialization in Paradise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqXWV...eature=related

Because honestly if you make it to Jannah you will love it there, you won't want to leave or for it to end once you are there inshallah.

One of the most amazing things about Jannah is that Allah (swt) is pleased with you so you can ask for absolutely anything your
                  imagination can conjure up - there are no restrictions.

But having gone through dunya and having passed the trials there will be some things you can ask for but will not want or desire anymore - even if right now the desire is strong, just like a child develops so when he he is a little boy he wants a shiny red remote control car but when he is a grown Man and can buy 1000 shiny red sports cars but he does not want even 1 because now he wants THIS (boys will be boys lol) but there comes a time in a Man's life when even if he can afford to he no longer wants that.... he wants something else, and so on..
                  Last edited by yassin'; 22-10-11, 03:06 PM.
                  "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Comment

When you realise the amazing wonders of Jannah - you won't be terrified, you'll look forward to it. Just think about it...you'll be in Jannah....and you can just relax and do whatever you want...have fun forever - no hard work, no worrying about paying the bills or cooking the food

May Allah save us from hellfire and grant us all Jannat ul firdous. Ameen.
                    Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by SilverLining View Post
                      Salams everyone,

Wa Aalaikum Assalam

I feel the same fear. You know what this fear is? It's the fear of the unknown, the unfamiliar. Our minds simply cannot comprehend time not ending. Eternity just... never ends. SubhanAllah, goes to show how much we need Allah for support, and how little we understand.
                      If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                      There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Originally posted by abdulsidd View Post
                        Or you will be admitted to Jannah without the temporal punishment, assuming that you die as a Muslim.
                        Shukran for correcting me bro ... :up:

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya View Post
                          if you haven't been raised as a Muslim, the idea of living for eternity (in any circumstances) can be terrifying. I had this problem when I first reverted, cause I was raised with the atheist idea of death. As a small child I couldn't concieve of consciousness ending, so I thought death was being trapped in a lifeless, decaying body buried underground, so when I understood the idea of consciousness ending, I found it comforting, and the idea of being alive ***forever*** terrifying because I imagined what humans would evolve into in the future, like some sci-fi novel about a horrific future, and having to live through all of it, see the death of planet earth etc. So I preferred the idea of consciousness ending. Then when I became Muslim and was confronted with the idea of living forever............ it *was* scary. It took me a while to comprehend the happiness part of eternal happiness.

If you are born Muslim and find all the above bizarre/disturbing, thank Allah for being raised in Islam. :up: if you are atheist and reading this, you need to be *really really* careful how you explain death to your children, because young children can't concieve of consciousness ending.
                          Sorry sis, but this has naught to do with being a Revert ...

as to the Punishment of the Grave, and the Destruction of the Earth etc yes that is Terrifying ... But it makes no sense whatsoever, for a person to be Terrified of Living for Eternity in Jannah, especially Knowing that there is Nothing to be Terrified about, and no Harm would ever come to you ...

one would/should more rightly be terrified about Jahannam and the Punishment of the Grave ...

:jkk:

Comment

W Salaam,

No one should fear eternity in jannah, no one will be sad, afraid or lost in jannah, its just living in bliss with you're loved ones inshaAllah and being saved from the hell fire, who wouldnt want that? People are clinging on to this dunya and dont want to die, yet this life is like a prison, so imagine living in peace and tranquility? SubhanAllah!

Muslims and non-muslims should be terrified of the grave and the day of reckoning auzibillah, thats what im most afraid of, not knowing what will happen in the grave, fearful of not doing enough good deeds Allahu Musta'un, may Allah (swt) save us from the punishments and grant us to see his (swt) face (Ameen).

I cant wait to be in jannah inshaAllah and inshaAllah the highest place in jannah

Make dua'a for all the muslims

W Salaam
                            Allahumma Insur Al-Islam Wal-Muslimeen

Ahasiban naasu ay yutrakoo ay yaqooloo aamannaa wa hum laa yuftanoon. (Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? Surah 29 (2)

Comment

Eternity in Jannah doesn't sound terrifying to me.. I know I won't be bothered there if I make it inshaAllahu ta'ala... whats more terrifying is Jahanum or even worse staying in this dunya.
                              الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X