Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A question to you all?

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    Yes, I actually get money for going to college. I live in the US.
    I find what you say very strange considering me who has a very low income, and additional scholarships to financial aid, and still I have to pay a lot for school...State grant is only 5000, right?

Comment

Yeah.

What's your tuition for 1 semester?

I'm not lying, by the way.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Yeah.

What's your tuition for 1 semester?

I'm not lying, by the way.
        No. I thought you were correct.I really do not know becuase my school has some classes that cost more than others, etc..let me figure it out..A class with 3 credits is 463$

Around 12038$$$$$$
        Last edited by Sister101; 24-10-11, 03:49 AM.

Comment

300 is very low. I don't think it's 300. If you take 5 classes for 300 or so, then it'll be only 1500 - 2000 dollars per semester.

Where I go, classes are around 750 dollars each, so 5 classes will be 3750 dollars, which can easily be covered by financial aid.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

300 is very low. I don't think it's 300. If you take 5 classes for 300 or so, then it'll be only 1500 - 2000 dollars per semester.

Where I go, classes are around 750 dollars each, so 5 classes will be 3750 dollars, which can easily be covered by financial aid.
            Brother, I applied for financial aid. It covered barely anything. And my college is much more expencive than most around here.

Comment

Could be few reasons:

1) It doesn't only take into account your income. It takes the income of the house. For example, if you are dependent upon your father's income, and he makes 80,000 dollars, then they will look into his total income, not only yours.

2) It's probably because your college is so expensive that financial aid money barely helps.

3) Have you applied for state grants? There should be aid from the state government as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sister101 View Post
                Brother, I applied for financial aid. It covered barely anything. And my college is much more expencive than most around here.
                That seems to be your problem.

What mirror stated is true in California and other states. You probably attend a private university. Most Muslims I know attend a public university and are able to pay off their school without loans. Lets try to assume best of our brothers and sisters, insha'Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Sister101 View Post
                  Please shut up. Read my first thread first. I was only making others aware that paying for college involves riba if they sign any loans. Don't give me your blabbeling.

About how much grants they recieve.... I htought everyone's case is as mine unless they live in another country. In case you haven't noticed, read my full posts.

yes, I assumed majority who pay for college deal r have dealth with interest. And I am making others aware becuase they might not be aware they are or might deal with interest. What is your problem? Is it realy me? Or is it that many of your kind got something against every haram mentioned. If you insist in talking to me, I will lose my patience and tell you of things you will not like to hear from your Lord. I know your kind.
                  mashaALLAH you are really intelligent. Thanks for telling everyone that loans involve repayment with interest. Thanks for telling us, I was in ignorance of this matter.

You are a genius. Glad to see the calibre of US tertiary education students is on par with the rest of the world. top job **thumbs up**

Shall I reveal another mighty secret to you? The sun is visible in the day and not in the night. I was just telling you incase you didn't know!
                  Last edited by Medievalist; 24-10-11, 11:08 AM.
                  Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

People work hard. I worked since I was 16 and saved every penny, alhamdulillah I had understanding and supportive parents who never made me pay for anything while I was living with them (I know some who take like a low rent payment from kids once they're over 16!). but everything like travelling to 6th form/uni, driving lessons, car insurance petrol, general shopping clothes etc my parents paid for this so everything I worked for I saved a lot alhamdulillah. Also whilst I was at uni I worked too and alhamdulillah it was a great satisfaction paying everything off without having to get a haram loan or even ask parents for money. Oh and yes in UK unis do give a bursary and it differs each year but it's usually only like few hundred and fees are in the thousands!
                    "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
                    Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                      mashaALLAH you are really intelligent. Thanks for telling everyone that loans involve repayment with interest. Thanks for telling us, I was in ignorance of this matter.

You are a genius. Glad to see the calibre of US tertiary education students is on par with the rest of the world. top job **thumbs up**

Shall I reveal another mighty secret to you? The sun is visible in the day and not in the night. I was just telling you incase you didn't know!
                      I might have assumed something wrong in you. Please clarify your attack should I call it.

Comment

Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post
                        People work hard. I worked since I was 16 and saved every penny, alhamdulillah I had understanding and supportive parents who never made me pay for anything while I was living with them (I know some who take like a low rent payment from kids once they're over 16!). but everything like travelling to 6th form/uni, driving lessons, car insurance petrol, general shopping clothes etc my parents paid for this so everything I worked for I saved a lot alhamdulillah. Also whilst I was at uni I worked too and alhamdulillah it was a great satisfaction paying everything off without having to get a haram loan or even ask parents for money. Oh and yes in UK unis do give a bursary and it differs each year but it's usually only like few hundred and fees are in the thousands!
                        That was agood response. MashaAllah that you were ready.

Comment

For those of us whose parents cannot afford to pay for our college, it is common sense that we will need to work and save up for it, and work while we are studying. Unless we get a full scholarship, grants, etc to pay all money. But we can't depend on it.
                          Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X