No announcement yet.

Female genital mutilation,Haram---Female circumcision,Halal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Muslim scholars speak out against female genital mutilation in rare conference

Authorities urged to end female genital mutilation

23/11/2006

Cairo: Participants in a high-profile meeting on female genital mutilation (FGM) have urged the religious establishment to show a firm stance against the controversial practice.

"This wrong tradition would not be easily eliminated from society so long as the religious establishment has not staked out an unequivocal position on it," Amnah Nousseir, a professor of Islamic studies, said.

Muslim scholars from around the world are attending the meeting, sponsored by Egypt's Darul Ifta, a top authority responsible for passing Islamic edicts.

Mohammad Sayed Tantawi, the Grand Shaikh of Al Azhar told the conference that there was no firm evidence in the Quran and the Sunnah, which are the main sources of Islamic Sharia, that circumcision was obligatory for women.

"In Islam, circumcision is an obligation for men only," he added.
    Mushira Khattab, the Secretary-General of the governmental National Council for Motherhood and Childhood, said, "Around a decade ago, circumcision was practised on 97 per cent of girls in Egypt. However, with the efforts made by the civil society and religious institutions, it has dropped to 50.3 per cent."

The official shocked the audience by revealing that 75 per cent of FGM practices in Egypt are performed by medical professionals.

"This practice must be stopped especially if doctors confirmed to us that it does no good to the woman's health," Yousuf Al Qaradawi, a famous cleric, said.

http://www.gulfnews.com/region/Egypt/10084569.html
    URGENT!!! your help is badly needed - fundraising for marriage

Comment

• Re: Muslim scholars speak out against female genital mutilation in rare conference

Allhumdulilah, inshaallah this will stop

Comment

bro abdul hakeem u need to stop posting this rubbish u post the same rubbish about female circumcision every few months despite me showing you the ahadith behind it....
        And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

yeah man, whats the big deal?
          “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
          Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
          He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
          And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

Originally posted by bint View Post
            yeah man, whats the big deal?
            evening
            And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Irhaab View Post
              evening

:scratch:

yeah im slightly out of it.

but not that much..what u say?
              “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
              Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
              He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
              And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

bro abdul hakeem u need to stop posting this rubbish u post the same rubbish about female circumcision every few months despite me showing you the ahadith behind it....
                hadith for it or against it?

as far as i know it has not part in Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by Rizwan View Post
                  hadith for it or against it?

as far as i know it has not part in Islam.
                  ibrhim (as) wife was the one that startedthe sunnah of female circumcision and ive posted hadith ad ulema opinions on many other threads that this bro has started

Comment

ibrhim (as) wife was the one that startedthe sunnah of female circumcision and ive posted hadith ad ulema opinions on many other threads that this bro has started
                    Mai Hajirah or Mai Sarah? (May Allah be pleased with them)

I will look into bro for my own knowledge,

Comment

Originally posted by Rizwan View Post
                      Mai Hajirah or Mai Sarah? (May Allah be pleased with them)

I will look into bro for my own knowledge,
                      hajar (As)...

Comment

Bro Irhab...
                        Many ppl are doing proper mutilating things in the name of female circumcision. Because of that, and because it is not something compulsory for women, then it is better if we support it when ppl speak out against it rather than talking that much in favour of circumcision. The majority of people doing this are not actually doing the actual female circumcision of removing that piece of skin or whatever bt they are like sewing up certain parts, and cutting off complete parts n all sorts of crazy n sickening things, astaghfirullah. Bc of the harmful effects of that, we shud speak in favour of efforts 2 stop these and educate the ppl against it insha allah rather than saying each time "female circumcision is from Islam" because when they mention it, they do not hav in mind the same thing which u have in mind... and it will jst reinstate their views that their mutilation practises hav some basis in Islam, which they do not.
                        .: Rufaida :.
                        .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                        http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                        “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                        but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                        ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by anna2000uk View Post
                          Bro Irhab...
                          Many ppl are doing proper mutilating things in the name of female circumcision. Because of that, and because it is not something compulsory for women, then it is better if we support it when ppl speak out against it rather than talking that much in favour of circumcision. The majority of people doing this are not actually doing the actual female circumcision of removing that piece of skin or whatever bt they are like sewing up certain parts, and cutting off complete parts n all sorts of crazy n sickening things, astaghfirullah. Bc of the harmful effects of that, we shud speak in favour of efforts 2 stop these and educate the ppl against it insha allah rather than saying each time "female circumcision is from Islam" because when they mention it, they do not hav in mind the same thing which u have in mind... and it will jst reinstate their views that their mutilation practises hav some basis in Islam, which they do not.

sis thats what i disagree with.. the majoriy actually do it properly... and the few dont... so what happens is western ngos take up the issue go in and then promote all sorts of filth... and then u have people like tantawi (same guy who said french muslims must take off their hijabs and have no right to disobey the law) join in and start to first talk ill of so many muslims and then help western ngos twist the thinking of the people...

im the first one to speak out against doing it the wrong way and harming sisters and punishing those that do so... and educating those people who do such things and teaching muslims the proper sunnah...

what i totally disagree with is articles like the above which says all female circumcision is fgm

Comment

bro al-irhaab, with all respect - as you can see from this thread there is actually a need for it. many brothers and sisters are not aware of it while others are confused.

as i have seen from your posts in another thread i started it seems that you are acting highly emotional regarding this topic. i may therefore apply to you to cool down and use islaamic adhaab. dont get me wrong - i highly appreciate your enthusiasm in the cause of islaam and Allah but please dont get carried away by emotions which might make you do or say a thing which you did not intend to make.

back to the topic: some people are confused with the terms used in this matter and mix them up. we may all agree that fgm is not an islamic practise - at the same time the medical term "sunnah circumcision" is not a term that actually describes the sunnah in islaam. further there are medical indications that at times make a female circumcision necessary - such in cases of a female phimosis which is often overlooked by doctors and bares many women from experiencing an orgasm.

this was the medical part - now lets have a look at the sunnah:

1. the authenticity as well as the correct translation of the hadith in question is highly disputed among the scholars.

2. yet scholars (including the ones mentioned in the starting article) state that the prophet salla Allahu alayhi wa salaam did not circumcise his daughters but fail to bring any evidence for or against this claim.

3. at the same time others claim that hajar, the wife of ibraheem was circumcised without bringing any evidence.

at least i have not seen any in both cases mentioned under point # 2 and # 3

imho, may Allah forgive me if i am wrong, circumcision is not prescribed upon women in islaam while the so called "sunnah circumcision" as well as fgm are clearly haraam. however, there may be medical indications that make a surgery necessary.

i have all explained it in this post (you may have overlooked it in your enthusiasm and i urge any reader of this thread to read it). comments and any evidence (from islaam or medical science) regarding this post are most appreciated:

it is post # 6 in a thread titled:

Female circumcision could cause infertility-study

Comment

Bro Al-Irhaab , can you show us the Hadeeth?

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
                                Bro Al-Irhaab , can you show us the Hadeeth?
                                http://www.ummah.com/forum/showpost.php?p=823512&postcount=25

it is also mentioned in post # 6 which i linked to above with a reference to islam-qa.

also read:

Comment

Working...
                                X