• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    fgm is haram
    which you seem to want to mix with what is halal
    No dude. I campaign against FGM. I know a lot about it. I'm also a woman. Therefore, I know a lot more about female genitals than you. FGM = female circumcision. Even pricking the clitorus, is FGM. Anyway enough is enough inshallah. walahi i'm out. This is a waste of time. Don't quote me please.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
      No dude. I campaign against FGM. I know a lot about it. I'm also a woman. Therefore, I know a lot more about female genitals than you. FGM = female circumcision. Even pricking the clitorus, is FGM. Anyway enough is enough inshallah. walahi i'm out. This is a waste of time. Don't quote me please.
      i seriously doubt if you know more about female genitalia than i

you only know about one

and your FGM = female circumcision is the problem, they are not equal
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

if either of you actually read the thread, it has been posted here a few times
        sorry

Comment

:)
          Last edited by dizzyfish; 22-02-15, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzyfish View Post
            Not playing I was genuinely asking.. If following a sunnah in this case would mean overriding awra, you could under that it would be ok for hair removal too in following the sunnah... Just thinking out loud

True - would it be great to do IPL and then not have this repetitive boredom.
            You don't have to be bare. Just trim it. I think that is sufficient Islamically. Not sure so you are going to have to confirm it with someone.
            Last edited by HopefulOne; 09-12-14, 11:11 PM.
            [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

i seriously doubt if you know more about female genitalia than i

you only know about one

and your FGM = female circumcision is the problem, they are not equal
              I possess one. Enough said!!!!!! Like I said, I campain about FGM so i'm pretty much an expert on it and the female genitalia. You can't really be an expert on FGM if you don't even know your female genitalia properly. Can you at least admit that I know more about fgM and female genitals ?

Comment

I possess one. Enough said!!!!!! Like I said, I campain about FGM so i'm pretty much an expert on it and the female genitalia. You can't really be an expert on FGM if you don't even know your female genitalia properly. Can you at least admit that I know more about fgM and female genitals ?
                i can admit that you are willing to condemn something the prophet permitted

i would never want to venture into that realm of thinking, and even after you have been told, you continue on this path

islamically, that is very dangerous and it goes against suratul fatiha, where you ask Allah to guide you on the path that earns His favor, not the path that earns His anger or goes astray, and here you are speaking opposite of the prophet

i dont know how much more astray one can go

the prophet said, you do not believe until you put what he has brought above yourself

you need to learn that
                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

i can admit that you are willing to condemn something the prophet permitted

i would never want to venture into that realm of thinking, and even after you have been told, you continue on this path

islamically, that is very dangerous and it goes against suratul fatiha, where you ask Allah to guide you on the path that earns His favor, not the path that earns His anger or goes astray, and here you are speaking opposite of the prophet

i dont know how much more astray one can go

the prophet said, you do not believe until you put what he has brought above yourself

you need to learn that
                  I'm telling you it harms the body and that harming the body is against Islam but you choose to continue to ignore that. I am also telling you hadith are not always authentic. You choose to ignore that too. We are not getting anywhere here. :/

I gave you a clear fact. Women can orgasm just by stimulating the clitorus through the hood so what does that tell you about the hood? That it is necessary protection and it serves a purpose. It also tells you women can't be without their hoods as the clitorus is too sensitive. Sorry I'm talking about this but it's true.
                  Last edited by HopefulOne; 10-12-14, 01:56 AM.

Comment

so are you definitively saying any and all hadiths on this subject are fabricated? or is that your conclusion to justify your opinion?
                    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

so are you definitively saying any and all hadiths on this subject are fabricated? or is that your conclusion to justify your opinion?
                      I'm saying there is a possibility as not all hadiths are authentic and I am 100% all forms of FGM are harmful so that's it for me. I am going with 'Islam is against harm.' I am by no means a scholar lol. Some people dedicate their whole lives to studying the deen. However, I am a woman and I do have a lot of knowledge on FGM.

Can you tell me any benefits of FGM? There aren't any. That means, it is either harmful, or it does nothing.

Comment

I'm saying there is a possibility as not all hadiths are authentic and I am 100% all forms of FGM are harmful so that's it for me. I am going with 'Islam is against harm.' I am by no means a scholar lol. Some people dedicate their whole lives to studying the deen. However, I am a woman and I do have a lot of knowledge on FGM.

Can you tell me any benefits of FGM? There aren't any. That means, it is either harmful, or it does nothing.
                        you are not the first, most likely you wont be the last person to come on this thread, spout out your unislamic opinion and think you have said all that needs to be said

the prophet said it was permissible, you are fighting against it, without knowledge of islam, but your mere speculation and your personal opinion

like i said, i would never want to take that position about anything in islam where my position is condemning something that the prophet made permissible
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Sister, it is great you acknowledge that. Given you do, isn't it then wise to listen to what those who have dedicated their lives to knowledge say on the matter?

Being a woman, doesn't by default make you an authority on FGM. I do recognize you personally have done your research on the matter. FGM is a horrid practice and it is great you are passionate about it. However, in your zeal you should be careful to not make haram what Allah made halal.

Comment

you are not the first, most likely you wont be the last person to come on this thread, spout out your unislamic opinion and think you have said all that needs to be said

the prophet said it was permissible, you are fighting against it, without knowledge of islam, but your mere speculation and your personal opinion

like i said, i would never want to take that position about anything in islam where my position is condemning something that the prophet made permissible
                            It's not opinion. I have given a lot of facts like about the sensitivity of the clitorus. and the fact that FGM has no benefits whatsoever. However, you chose to ignore everything I said. You also chose to dodge some of my questions. What's the point of debating then? Are you trying to give me a migraine? If you don't want to debate properly, don't debate at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ZamzamH View Post
                              Sister, it is great you acknowledge that. Given you do, isn't it then wise to listen to what those who have dedicated their lives to knowledge say on the matter?

Being a woman, doesn't by default make you an authority on FGM. I do recognize you personally have done your research on the matter. FGM is a horrid practice and it is great you are passionate about it. However, in your zeal you should be careful to not make haram what Allah made halal.
                              But sister why would Allah want harm to come to women? Aren't we meant to stay away from harm? Harm is not halal. I think the only thing that is not harmful is maybe pricking of the clitorus. I appreciate your advice but i'm an anti-fgm campaigner so it has to be done. The prophet also said we should speak up about injustice. Imo this is a great injustice.

Also, when it comes to people of knowledge, the scholars don't all agree on this issue.

#EndFGM # LongLiveTheClitorus. (Haha)
                              Last edited by HopefulOne; 10-12-14, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Also, when it comes to people of knowledge, the scholars don't all agree on this issue.
                                Female circumcision is halal in all madhabs and it is also wajib in the shafi'i madhab.

However, what is known as FGM is haram to my knowledge.
                                Last edited by Firecookies; 10-12-14, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X