Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Female genital mutilation,Haram---Female circumcision,Halal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

    Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    I sincerely hope he does!! I sincerely hope we all do!!!
    It's hadith. Hadith are not as reliable as the qur'an which is the direct word of God. I, as a woman, have laid out why it is harmful. The only thing you can come up with is because the prophet said.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

    Comment


    • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

      Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
      It's hadith. Hadith are not as reliable as the qur'an which is the direct word of God. I, as a woman, have laid out why it is harmful. The only thing you can come up with is because the prophet said.
      Yep, that sounds perfectly fine to me.

      Comment


      • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

        Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
        Yep, that sounds perfectly fine to me.
        Listen i'm not fussed. Go ahead and mutilate your daughters. It also shows you clearly know nothing about female genitals. The prophet didn't even do it to any of his daughters so what does that tell you? Also do you want to explain to me why you would remove the hood when stimulating the clitorus through the hood is enough to cause an orgasm? What does that tell you about sensitivity of the clitorus and the purpose of the hood?
        Last edited by HopefulOne; 09-12-14, 01:23 PM.
        [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

        Comment


        • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

          no, i do not believe he did it to any of his daughters, nor have i done it with any of my daughters

          but thats not the point here

          the point is that you are making haram what Allah and His messenger have made permissible

          that is an action of kufr (not saying you are a kafir)
          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
          دولة الإسلامية باقية





          Comment


          • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

            Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
            no, i do not believe he did it to any of his daughters, nor have i done it with any of my daughters

            but thats not the point here

            the point is that you are making haram what Allah and His messenger have made permissible

            that is an action of kufr (not saying you are a kafir)
            How can it be halal when it is harmful?

            We are going around in circles. I'm out.
            [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

            Comment


            • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

              well, Googling the issue has brought no results from a site I'd expect credibility from, judging by their titles. except an islamQA link, which didn't actually state the hadiths in question.
              Anyway, I've seen the hadiths regarding female circumcision used as being described as not strong, I think. However there is a sahih hadith or two which uses the phrase 'when the circumcised parts touch' (referring to when Ghusl is required) . Had it been an evil, there would have been some form on condemnation for it, as it is very clear that it was something known. In fact I recall also reading about Uthman RA telling a female prisoner (I *think*) to circumcise the others in her group, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

              Could someone please post some relevant (preferably direct, rather than indirect links) sources, or at least point me to where in these 21 pages something is posted? Far as I can tell, it's neither commanded nor condemned, so I would assume it's done on a case-by-case basis? Allahu A'lam, there is no room for feelings or assumptions, or western studies, when discussing permissibility, even if it is situational, so I'd like a bit of Islamic clarification.

              Comment


              • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

                Originally posted by Foodadad View Post
                well, Googling the issue has brought no results from a site I'd expect credibility from, judging by their titles. except an islamQA link, which didn't actually state the hadiths in question.
                Anyway, I've seen the hadiths regarding female circumcision used as being described as not strong, I think. However there is a sahih hadith or two which uses the phrase 'when the circumcised parts touch' (referring to when Ghusl is required) . Had it been an evil, there would have been some form on condemnation for it, as it is very clear that it was something known. In fact I recall also reading about Uthman RA telling a female prisoner (I *think*) to circumcise the others in her group, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

                Could someone please post some relevant (preferably direct, rather than indirect links) sources, or at least point me to where in these 21 pages something is posted? Far as I can tell, it's neither commanded nor condemned, so I would assume it's done on a case-by-case basis? Allahu A'lam, there is no room for feelings or assumptions, or western studies, when discussing permissibility, even if it is situational, so I'd like a bit of Islamic clarification.
                if either of you actually read the thread, it has been posted here a few times
                .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                دولة الإسلامية باقية





                Comment


                • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

                  Originally posted by dizzyfish View Post
                  So then exposing for hair removal should be ok too?
                  I don't think that's okay lol although i've thought about it too. You can remove the hair yourself though. There are different methods. Ask google.
                  [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

                  Comment


                  • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

                    Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
                    Listen i'm not fussed. Go ahead and mutilate your daughters. It also shows you clearly know nothing about female genitals. The prophet didn't even do it to any of his daughters so what does that tell you? Also do you want to explain to me why you would remove the hood when stimulating the clitorus through the hood is enough to cause an orgasm? What does that tell you about sensitivity of the clitorus and the purpose of the hood?
                    Clearly you are.

                    I've not followed this thread, I'm merely pointing out I've got no problem following our messenger.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

                      Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                      Clearly you are.

                      I've not followed this thread, I'm merely pointing out I've got no problem following our messenger.
                      Okay. Cool. I'm out unless Dizzyfish replies lol.
                      [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

                      Comment


                      • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

                        Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
                        Okay. Cool. I'm out unless Dizzyfish replies lol.
                        you said that twice

                        how many OUTS are you allowed?
                        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية





                        Comment


                        • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

                          Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
                          How can it be halal when it is harmful?

                          We are going around in circles. I'm out.
                          male circumcision is painful, are you going to outlaw that too?
                          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                          دولة الإسلامية باقية





                          Comment


                          • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

                            Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                            male circumcision is painful, are you going to outlaw that too?
                            It's not about pain. Let me go. I have things to do. :(

                            Male circumcision, as far as I know, actually has health benefits. It is not harmful. Even if it is harmful, it is nowhere near as harmful as FGM. FGM has no health benefits. All my bros were circumcised . It is 100% part of the deen. No one disagrees with that.
                            [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

                            Comment


                            • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

                              Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                              you said that twice

                              how many OUTS are you allowed?
                              Unlimited looool. :up:
                              [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

                              Comment


                              • Re: Racial Politics of FGM & FGCS

                                Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
                                It's not about pain. Let me go. I have things to do. :(

                                Male circumcision, as far as I know, actually has health benefits. It is not harmful. Even if it is harmful, it is nowhere near as harmful as FGM. FGM has no health benefits. All my bros were circumcised . It is 100% part of the deen. No one disagrees with that.
                                fgm is haram
                                which you seem to want to mix with what is halal
                                .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                                نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                                دولة الإسلامية باقية





                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X