Female genital mutilation,Haram---Female circumcision,Halal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Female genital mutilation,Haram---Female circumcision,Halal

First of all, FGM is the same as female circumcision according to the WHO (and most sane people).

Now that we've cleared that up, if you have a look at a map showing where FGM happens, you'll see that most of the countries are African bar Kurdistan, maybe Indonesia etc.

Where my Bangladeshis at?? Do you guys practise FGM?

Pakistanis?

Moroccans?

Iraqis?

Indians?

Sri Lankans?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Prevalence of Female Genital Cutting_2011tif_wmlogo3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	10753177
    [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
      You do know rasulAllah :saw: was the one to allow female to be circumcised?? Does He make you sick? :/ because its considered sunnah according to his hadith. Anyway, whether you agree with it or disagree, you should not say it has no basis in Islam, when it does, otherwise you will end up looking foolish when hadith is quoted. I personally wouldn't have it done on my daughters if Allah blesses me with some because I don't see the need.
      Did he circumcise his own daughters??

Is this hadith a strong one?

How can something that is bad for the woman be halal ?

If it has a basis in Islam, explain why Regents Park Mosque has said it has no basis in Islam?

http://www.iccservices.org.uk/news_a...mutilation.htm

Also, if it was part of the deen, the UK wouldn't have banned it. They haven't banned male circumcision because it is 100% part of our faith and the Judaism faith and it also has some benefits.

On the other hand, FGM, has no benefits what so ever!
      Last edited by HopefulOne; 17-11-14, 09:49 PM.
      [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
        First of all, FGM is the same as female circumcision according to the WHO (and most sane people).

Now that we've cleared that up, if you have a look at a map showing where FGM happens, you'll see that most of the countries are African bar Kurdistan, maybe Indonesia etc.

Where my Bangladeshis at?? Do you guys practise FGM?

Pakistanis?

Moroccans?

Iraqis?

Indians?

Sri Lankans?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72753[/ATTACH]
        But im sure i was sane last time i checked and i still believe its allowed and i dont take WHO's words over Rasool allah's words. peace be upon him.
        Your stats prove nothing. for example..You can get heat map of muslims who do not pray salah and make the world map go red, but cant prove that salah aint part of islam.

Comment

Originally posted by Anti-Mage View Post
          Why do you blame men for everything. gosh, i feel guilty sometimes just reading some of your comments.

Yeah, take that from your fellow sister hopelessone. Why are you so against it ? Its not like its made compulsory. If it is allowed and a woman wants to go ahead with it, why do you have a problem

I have a problem because i'm Somali dude and I know so many survivors and I honestly don't think it's part of our deen and I don't want anyone to think so either. Imo , it's tainting our deen. Are we not supposed to protect our deen?

Comment

But im sure i was sane last time i checked and i still believe its allowed and i dont take WHO's words over Rasool allah's words. peace be upon him.
            Your stats prove nothing. for example..You can get heat map of muslims who do not pray salah and make the world map go red, but cant prove that salah aint part of islam.
            If you wanna follow every hadith you come across, go ahead. I believe that it is against human rights okay. I am using my brain here as well. I know a lot about FGM and women's genitalia (considering i'm a woman).

If I suspected someone of doing this to their daughter, I would intervene and probably alert the authorities if I am honest! Generally, i'm not a snitch, but I will snitch when it comes to things like this. Alhamdulilah they are getting tough on FGM in the UK nowadays.

Plus, if it was 100% part of Islam, every country would practise it just like they practise male circumcision which I absolutely have no problem with and inshaAllah, if I have sons, I will circumcise them!
            Last edited by HopefulOne; 17-11-14, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I have a problem because i'm Somali dude and I know so many survivors and I honestly don't think it's part of our deen and I don't want anyone to think so either. Imo , it's tainting our deen. Are we not supposed to protect our deen?
              You cant say its tainting our deen.. Oh boy i think this discussion aint gonna stop. Im gonna go to sleep.
              If you are so headstrong in this matter than its upto you.

its zzzz time , bb but your cake comment was hilarious, i laughed more than i should have.

Comment

Did he circumcise his own daughters??

Is this hadith a strong one?

How can something that is bad for the woman be halal ?

If it has a basis in Islam, explain why Regents Park Mosque has said it has no basis in Islam?

http://www.iccservices.org.uk/news_a...mutilation.htm

Also, if it was part of the deen, the UK wouldn't have banned it. They haven't banned male circumcision because it is 100% part of our faith and the Judaism faith and it also has some benefits.

On the other hand, FGM, has no benefits what so ever!
                There is confusion here because people are mixing up terms and that's why we have words like 'mutilation' 'barbaric' and 'haram' being thrown around. FGM and female circumcision are two different things. One is haram while the other is sunnah. The only argument kuffar have against female circumcision is that its done on children who can't give consent, othewise, female circumcision is actually freely practised by adult females in the west , under a different name, for various reasons, some even stating it enhances pleasure. However the world health organisation fails to differentiate between FMG and female circumcision, reason being, I believe is due to lack of child being able to consent. As for if the prophet :saw: did it to his daughter, I don't know. But I know his hadeeth is saheeh.

Comment

Lolololololololol, what is this incredibly hilarious way of describing stuff.

I think you found your thread and here you can calm your anti-circumcision obsession.
                  Why do you think it is a joke? Would you wish that your wife not enjoy relations with you? Do you mistrust your wife? I do not understand...

Comment

There is confusion here because people are mixing up terms and that's why we have words like 'mutilation' 'barbaric' and 'haram' being thrown around. FGM and female circumcision are two different things.
                    It's the same thing my friend. Have a look at that if you're interested.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/

One is haram while the other is sunnah. The only argument kuffar have against female circumcision is that its done on children who can't give consent, othewise, female circumcision is actually freely practised by adult females in the west , under a different name, for various reasons, some even stating it enhances pleasure.
                    No. Women who have surgery down there usually do it because something is too big or doesn't look right etc. E.g. large labia, clitoral hood is too big etc. No one removes the hood just to get extra sensitivity. It's there for a reason. When it is fine, there is no need to touch it or do anything to it to increase the sensitivity.

However the world health organisation fails to differentiate between FMG and female circumcision, reason being, I believe is due to lack of child being able to consent. As for if the prophet :saw: did it to his daughter, I don't know. But I know his hadeeth is saheeh.
                    He didn't do it to his daughter. Do your research. No offence, but have you studied hadith or the deen? I haven't either but i'm just using my logic and I have seen the harm it does so it cannot possibly be part of the deen.
                    I don't know how you can be sure the hadeeth is authentic.

About the WHO, I bet you believe it when it comes to other issues though. But just because it goes against what you believe, you think it's an unreliable source now.

Also, do you want to tell me why it is banned in some Muslim countries? E.g. Egypt? That is female circumcision and FGM (same thing but i'll take them apart for you).

I know a lot about FGM ....
                    Last edited by HopefulOne; 17-11-14, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah1991 View Post
                      Why do you think it is a joke? Would you wish that your wife not enjoy relations with you? Do you mistrust your wife? I do not understand...
                      Why would i mistrust my wife ??!!! :wacko:

how is circumcision even related to trust ??!!
                      I would trust my wife with more than my life and i would enjoy every moment of my life with her.

nobodies forcing anybody for circumcission!! guys why dont you all get this ? if anyone wants to go ahead with it why do you want to stop it ? based upon some logic and saying of WHO ?
                      I laughed at her funny way of comparing stuff,.. ahem ahem.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah1991 View Post

Don't bother. They haven't heard the stories i've heard of people having to pretend they are on their period just because they can't feel anything, plus people getting divorced, family problems etc. :/

Comment

Why would i mistrust my wife ??!!! :wacko:

how is circumcision even related to trust ??!!
                          I would trust my wife with more than my life and i would enjoy every moment of my life with her.

nobodies forcing anybody for circumcission!! guys why dont you all get this ? if anyone wants to go ahead with it why do you want to stop it ? based upon some logic and saying of WHO ?
                          I laughed at her funny way of comparing stuff,.. ahem ahem.
                          Funny thing actually, Sudanese people sow the woman back up when the husband goes away. I know you don't think that's part of the deen but it's all about control and that's how it's relevant. It's all about controlling a woman's sexuality...

Comment

No. What people get done is like labiaplasty when women have ugly labia or whatever. They make it look better. Piercing the clitorus/clitoral hood apparently increases pleasure but that's different. They don't remove the hood.
                            Ooookaaaaaaay time to abandon thread before we throw up ....

Comment

It's the same thing my friend. Have a look at that if you're interested.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/

No. What people get done is like labiaplasty when women have ugly labia or whatever. They make it look better. Piercing the clitorus/clitoral hood apparently increases pleasure but that's different. They don't remove the hood.

He didn't do it to his daughter. Do your research. No offence, but have you studied hadith or the deen? I haven't either but i'm just using my logic and I have seen the harm it does so it cannot possibly be part of the deen.
                              I don't know how you can be sure the hadeeth is authentic.

About the WHO, I bet you believe it when it comes to other issues though. But just because it goes against what you believe, you think it's an unreliable source now.

Also, do you want to tell me why it is banned in some Muslim countries? E.g. Egypt? That is female circumcision and FGM (same thing but i'll take them apart for you).

I know a lot about FGM ....
                              PPolygamy is banned in some Muslim countries. So is jihad talk. While alcohol is allowed. What is your point again?

Learn your deen from a trustee scholar instead of using logics and trusting w.e WHO says. And obviously you haven't done enough research because that's not the only surgery women do in the west. As for WHO sorry to burst your bubble but never do I follow them blindly and nor do I personally like the idea of female circumcision but I Islam means submission and I try to not hate w.e Allah and His rasul revealed. That's all from me. You seem all over the place so I will save my time for important tasks.
                              Last edited by Rebel101; 17-11-14, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Learn your deen from a trustee scholar instead of using logics and trusting w.e WHO says. And obviously you haven't done enough research because that's not the only surgery women do in the west. As for WHO sorry to burst your bubble but never do I follow them blindly and nor do I personally like the idea of female circumcision but I Islam means submission and I try to not hate w.e Allah and His rasul revealed. That's all from me. You seem all over the place so I will save my time for important tasks.
                                It's funny you wouldn't circumcise your daughters although you think it's part of the deen. Have a good day. I will never ever change my view.

Comment

Working...
                                X