No announcement yet.

Female genital mutilation,Haram---Female circumcision,Halal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

Originally posted by amirkhan780 View Post
    I've read that hadith but it never goes on to explain why which leads to my question. I know it's required, but the question of why never seems to be explained.

Off topic: I've seen plenty of sisters with long nails
    When you ask to much why, you'll lose your Imaan. It's up to you.

Circumcision for women is sunnah. And it is not genital mutilation, more like cutting a little bit of labia. No hurt at all. The purpose is for hygiene and reducing sexual desires. It's better to be done to babies. Why does Islam pay attention to this bit? Because Islam loves cleanliness and modesty (hayaa). Cleanliness and modesty is a part of Imaan. We are not let by Allah to live with beastly desires. Because we have another purpose in this life, which is to worship Allah. And this is not at all depriving our right to have sexual pleasure. It is a means to regulate that kind of needs.

Allah knows best.
    Last edited by Mockingjay; 10-12-13, 09:05 AM.
    ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
      When you ask to much why, you'll lose your Imaan. It's up to you.

Circumcision for women is sunnah. And it is not genital mutilation, more like cutting a little bit of labia. No hurt at all. The purpose is for hygiene and reducing sexual desires. It's better to be done to babies. Why does Islam pay attention to this bit? Because Islam loves cleanliness and modesty (hayaa). Cleanliness and modesty is a part of Imaan. We are not let by Allah to live with beastly desires. Because we have another purpose in this life, which is to worship Allah. And this is not at all depriving our right to have sexual pleasure. It is a means to regulate that kind of needs.

Allah knows best.
      no hurt at all

well cut it yourself and see "if it doesnt hurt at all"

the purpose is too heighten sexual pleasure not reducing it what are you catholic?
      My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

As someone said, female circumcision is sunnah. And saying that something else is better than the sunnah is blatant kufr.
        "You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you." ~ Imam Al Ghazali.

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
          no hurt at all

well cut it yourself and see "if it doesnt hurt at all"

the purpose is too heighten sexual pleasure not reducing it what are you catholic?
          It should be done by midwife or physician. Someone does it herself or with inexperienced people is insane. I've known it done to babies by midwife and it does not create problems at all. Don't see what the culture does, it's wrong. Read the hadith.

"Cut off only the foreskin (outer fold of skin over the clitoris; the prepuce) but do not cut off deeply (i.e. the clitoris itself), for this is brighter for the face (of the girl) and more favorable with the husband." (Sunan Abu Dawud)

PLEASE DIFFER FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION AND FEMALE CIRCUMCISION. IT IS TWO DIFFERENT THING.

Once again, it is recommended, not wajib. But someone who says it is haraam is just wrong.
          Last edited by Mockingjay; 11-12-13, 02:12 AM.
          ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Repentant View Post
            As someone said, female circumcision is sunnah. And saying that something else is better than the sunnah is blatant kufr.
            It's ok if I'd rather my girl uncircumcised right? Kind of like some women don't want their husbands marrying other women. They don't think the sunnah is bad or dislike it, but they prefer something else.

Edit: There are so few hadith on it, I'm not even sure if the wives of an-Nabi(S) had this done. And if I make it to Jannah, I definitely want them uncircumcised.
            Humiliating people in the name of religion is the practice of someone deprived of the first fruit of religion, humility.-Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Originally posted by iwasjimmyjimmy View Post
              You do realise that male circumcision reduces sexual pleasure as well,
              The two are not equal and you cannot compare them. The clitoris and penis are the exact same organ in the fetus, which develops into one of the two depending on the gender the baby takes. Male circumcision removes only the hood and is the equivalent of sunnah female circumcision. However, the clitoridectomy practiced by some countries is the equivalent of removing the entire penis above the base. This is forbidden in Islaam as it entirely removes her ability to feel pleasure, can kill the woman, cause birth complications including death of both the mother and child.

The Prophet(saw) was clear on what is permissible, only removing a piece of the skin, not touching the organ itself - same as for a male. (Some western women get this done on purpose for aesthetic reasons, and claim it enhances pleasure, rather than dampening it). In sunnah circumcision, Both partners are able to retain their ability for pleasure and at the same time it separates the disbeliever from the believer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post
                I would advise some of you here to watch your mouths. I hope that you do realize that there are revert men who have not been circumcised (and do not have to be). So, you are calling them disgusting? Your words are more disgusting than a man's intact genitalia. There are those of us who chose not to circumcise our sons. Who was I to decide to remove a part of my child's body without his permission? There may be positive effects to removing the foreskin, but there are also negative effects which have been documented by adult men who have been uncircumcised their entire life and then chose to be circumcised. They would be best fit to describe what the negative effects are. My son is a revert, and he has chosen not to be circumcised. I have permission to discuss this topic. He is anything but disgusting, and I am highly offended by some of your ignorant comments. Educate yourselves.

Regarding female circumcision, as has already been mentioned, there is a difference between clitorectomy and hoodectomy. Hoodectomy is said to potentially have benefits for the female. Hoodectomy is not something I would have done to my daughter without her making that choice, but to each his own. I don't consider it disgusting, nor would I tell that to someone who had this procedure done.
                Everyones entitled to their own opinion, and many women do not encourage the idea of non circumcision in men.
                "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by Radec View Post
                  It's a horrible procedure. The ONLY thing it does is reduce sexual pleasure. Is it an attempt to control women from having sex? Is this a way to control women from having any pleasure?
                  As far as I know men get it done.. I never known a woman in my nation to get it done, if it is done, its rare

But I got a question

Actually a few

What's the point of breast implants? Or lipo suction or botox or god knows what ever western non muslim women are subjugated to.
                  Poor sods. They feel they gotta torture themselves to fit the bill
                  I feel more sorry for the elderly ladies.. Face lift and allsorts.. I don't see anyone finding fault in all that

Poor barbie dolls!
                  "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                    As far as I know men get it done.. I never known a woman in my nation to get it done, if it is done, its rare

But I got a question

Actually a few

What's the point of breast implants? Or lipo suction or botox or god knows what ever western non muslim women are subjugated to.
                    Poor sods. They feel they gotta torture themselves to fit the bill
                    I feel more sorry for the elderly ladies.. Face lift and allsorts.. I don't see anyone finding fault in all that

Poor barbie dolls!
                    Plenty of people find fault with it. Plenty of people think it's fake and sad, and the older one gets, the sadder it gets.

They aren't subjugated into anything. They are just making (in my opinion) very bad choices. It's a free country (at least where I live)

Comment

A hoodectomy increases the sensation for women and is sunnah, increases hygiene

a male circumsion decreases the sensastion for a man and is fardh, increases hygiene

This part I don't understand at all.

And why hoodcetomy's arent as common as male circumsions in Islam (of course done professionally by someone qualified, not a crazy with a knife)
                      Last edited by amirkhan780; 11-12-13, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                        The two are not equal and you cannot compare them. The clitoris and penis are the exact same organ in the fetus, which develops into one of the two depending on the gender the baby takes. Male circumcision removes only the hood and is the equivalent of sunnah female circumcision. However, the clitoridectomy practiced by some countries is the equivalent of removing the entire penis above the base. This is forbidden in Islaam as it entirely removes her ability to feel pleasure, can kill the woman, cause birth complications including death of both the mother and child.
                        Spot on.

And in regards to current practises of female circumcision. It's usually the part/entire clitoris which is being removed. This is pretty much where all the pleasure lies.

The current male and female circumcision can not be compared at all.
                        https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
                          Spot on.

And in regards to current practises of female circumcision. It's usually the part/entire clitoris which is being removed. This is pretty much where all the pleasure lies.

The current male and female circumcision can not be compared at all.
                          I would say that a female genital mutilation is similar to that of castration of a male and hoodectomy of a female is to that of what we consider circumcision of a male. Former being haraam, latter being of benefit.

Comment

A hoodectomy increases the sensation for women and is sunnah, increases hygiene
                            Please provide medical proof for this claim. The clitoral hood is much too small to make a difference in hygiene.

And why hoodcetomy's arent as common as male circumsions in Islam
                            They are in malaysia and indonesia.

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                              Please provide medical proof for this claim. The clitoral hood is much too small to make a difference in hygiene.

They are in malaysia and indonesia.

Isn't that why it's sunna? Common sense dicates that if there's no prepuce there's no way for bacteria to accumulate that collects underneath the prepuce of women.

What's odd is there's a whole bunch of sisters here saying it's more hygienic for guys, but really now? I'm only talking about ONE sex partner if your lifetime, and the fact that women generally have a lot more normal flora/bacteria down there than guys do.

You have to have multiple sex partners to share things like STDS.
                              Last edited by amirkhan780; 12-12-13, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Isn't that why it's sunna? Common sense dicates that if there's no prepuce there's no way for bacteria to accumulate that collects underneath the prepuce of women.

What's odd is there's a whole bunch of sisters here saying it's more hygienic for guys, but really now? I'm only talking about ONE sex partner if your lifetime, and the fact that women generally have a lot more normal flora/bacteria down there than guys do.

You have to have multiple sex partners to share things like STDS.
                                That's a lot of assumption for one paragraph. I asked for medical evidence. I'd also like the daleel for circumcision being for hygiene rather than for separating us from the disbelievers.

While the act of sunnah circumcision is similar between genders, the actual body parts are not similar at all. Larger surface area = more room for bacteria. Removing 4 or 5 millimeters of skin does not improve hygiene, especially considering all the other layers of skin surrounding the area. It would not make a difference at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X