Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Female genital mutilation,Haram---Female circumcision,Halal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

    Originally posted by amirkhan780 View Post
    Allah does know best, but it's also my job to try to understand why I do as he tells me to do and try to understand my best to understand the reasoning behind it within humanly rationale. i'm waiting for someone to quote a hadith here.... No I'm not quesioning anyone, people's minds are filled with curiosioty, and that's human nature.

    No, that's not a medical alteration. At the end of the day, you still have your hair and it still grows. And that's for the obvious rationale of modesty. And well, no offense, you have girls out there who don't wear a hijab. It's rare to see a muslim male without a circumcision (I'm a medical student who's done my rotations with a few pediatrics in a Muslim-filled area) I just simply want to know some of the rationale and not heresay if you know what I mean here.
    You don't have to know. Islam isn't always about understanding. Islam is about knowing that Allah is your Master and as a Master you don't question Him.

    There is really no need to know why. You are already circumcised there is no going back and getting uncircumcised. No point in asking the question.

    I know what you mean. I'm the first one to say I don't know. and I don't think anyone does.

    Did you know the Companions were forbidden to ask questions? I think they only asked 10 question through out the time the Quran was being revealed. This is why when a smart Bedouin came to ask questions they loved it because they could sit around and listen to the answer.

    The fact is some things you just need to accept. You see where I'm going with this?
    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

    Comment


    • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

      Originally posted by amirkhan780 View Post
      That's debatable.

      This isn't Christianity where I'm born to be sinned/impure and I have to go through a medical procedure to become "pure." Sounds a lot similar to something Christians do, right?

      If Allah swt didn't want me to have skin there, why was I born like that then?
      You cut ur hair & nails right.Why dont u just let it grow?U were born like that right.
      Peace & assalamalaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

      Comment


      • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

        Originally posted by amirkhan780 View Post
        Allah does know best, but it's also my job to try to understand why I do as he tells me to do and try to understand my best to understand the reasoning behind it within humanly rationale. i'm waiting for someone to quote a hadith here.... No I'm not quesioning anyone, people's minds are filled with curiosioty, and that's human nature.

        No, that's not a medical alteration. At the end of the day, you still have your hair and it still grows. And that's for the obvious rationale of modesty. And well, no offense, you have girls out there who don't wear a hijab. It's rare to see a muslim male without a circumcision (I'm a medical student who's done my rotations with a few pediatrics in a Muslim-filled area) I just simply want to know some of the rationale and not heresay if you know what I mean here.

        So instead of asking what's the rationale behind circumcision, you guys are attacking me for wanting to know what's the point of it
        You obviously have made the sin#1 of online forums.You havent read the earlier posts.This thread is going to be reported&closed.
        Peace & assalamalaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

        Comment


        • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

          Originally posted by iwasjimmyjimmy View Post
          Muslims are free to disagree or ignore medical evidence, of course. Same with Jews.
          Male circumcision reduces the risk that a man will acquire HIV from an infected female partner, and also lowers the risk of other STDs , penile cancer, and infant urinary tract infection.
          For female partners, male circumcision reduces the risk of cervical cancer, genital ulceration, bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, and HPV. Although male circumcision has risks including pain, bleeding, and infection, more serious complications are rare.

          http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/prevention/re...ecircumcision/

          Jesus was circumcised too. Not just moses and our prophet pbut

          In my opinion I think uncircumcised men should be avoided like the plague
          "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

          "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

          Comment


          • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

            Originally posted by Jassim Islam View Post
            You obviously have made the sin#1 of online forums.You havent read the earlier posts.This thread is going to be reported&closed.
            I did. All I seemed to be reading was modern day literature, but not one person quoted a hadith or anything.

            Comment


            • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

              Originally posted by Jassim Islam View Post
              You cut ur hair & nails right.Why dont u just let it grow?U were born like that right.
              I don't need to be placed under local anesthetic to do that and prepuce doesn't grow back, now does it?

              Comment


              • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

                Originally posted by amirkhan780 View Post
                I did. All I seemed to be reading was modern day literature, but not one person quoted a hadith or anything.
                U have lied.Read my posts again & this time very carefully& slowly.
                Peace & assalamalaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

                Comment


                • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

                  Originally posted by amirkhan780 View Post
                  I don't need to be placed under local anesthetic to do that and prepuce doesn't grow back, now does it?
                  All the answers r in the earlier posts.There is even a sticky thread in one of the sections here.If u were really sinscere about knowing&learning ,u wouldnt go around in circles & argue.Now go & check the sticky thread &read through it very carefully,post by post,page by page.
                  Peace & assalamalaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

                  Comment


                  • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

                    Originally posted by amirkhan780 View Post
                    I did. All I seemed to be reading was modern day literature, but not one person quoted a hadith or anything.
                    It is sunnah. I'm sure all of the prophets were circumcised. Ibrahim alaihe salam circumsised himself with an azde at the age of 90 there are medical benifits to circumcision, or shall I say prevention from all kinds of ill health and deseases

                    Plus I consider an uncircumsised man unclean

                    And being totally honest, as islam is not shy of the truth.. I and other women, muslim or not find an uncircumsised person highly unattractive

                    I would use the term nasty and disgusting had I not been worried of insulting the uncircumsised men
                    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

                    "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

                    Comment


                    • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

                      Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                      It is sunnah. I'm sure all of the prophets were circumcised. Ibrahim alaihe salam circumsised himself with an azde at the age of 90 there are medical benifits to circumcision, or shall I say prevention from all kinds of ill health and deseases

                      Plus I consider an uncircumsised man unclean

                      And being totally honest, as islam is not shy of the truth.. I and other women, muslim or not find an uncircumsised person highly unattractive

                      I would use the term nasty and disgusting had I not been worried of insulting the uncircumsised men
                      Agreed.

                      It's hygienic.

                      And agree with the rest of your post too.
                      https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

                      Comment


                      • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

                        Jimmy you are confusing the role of religion here, you believe that everything we do is based upon current logic, although that's subject to change. Slavery was logical at a point in time too, so was eugenics.

                        we hear and we obey.
                        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                        Rumi RahimuAllah.

                        Comment


                        • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

                          Originally posted by Jassim Islam View Post
                          U have lied.Read my posts again & this time very carefully& slowly.
                          http://www.ummah.com/forum/archive/i.../t-342274.html

                          But there's a fine line between "highly recommended" and "required."
                          Last edited by amirkhan780; 09-12-13, 04:04 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

                            Originally posted by amirkhan780 View Post
                            http://www.ummah.com/forum/archive/i.../t-342274.html

                            But there's a fine line between "highly recommended" and "required."
                            Peace & assalamalaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

                            Comment


                            • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

                              Originally posted by amirkhan780 View Post
                              http://www.ummah.com/forum/archive/i.../t-342274.html

                              But there's a fine line between "highly recommended" and "required."
                              Bukhari: "The practices related to Fitrah (the nature) are five: circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, trimming the moustache, cutting the nails and removing the hair of the armpits."
                              "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

                              "Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

                              Comment


                              • Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

                                Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                                Bukhari: "The practices related to Fitrah (the nature) are five: circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, trimming the moustache, cutting the nails and removing the hair of the armpits."
                                I've read that hadith but it never goes on to explain why which leads to my question. I know it's required, but the question of why never seems to be explained.

                                Off topic: I've seen plenty of sisters with long nails
                                Last edited by amirkhan780; 09-12-13, 04:16 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X