No announcement yet.

Female genital mutilation,Haram---Female circumcision,Halal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

Originally posted by amirkhan780 View Post
    I think you guys are missing the point of the thread and are going off topic.

If Islam dictates circumcision for males, but not for females, and current medical research proves that there are no benefits for circumcision, then what is the Islamic justification of circumcision?

I'm not referring to mutilation, just circumcision.

From my own knowledge, females have a higher level of erotic zones in a clitirus than a male does in a penis (I think it's 3 erotic zones for females and 2 for males if I recall correctly) , so why would Islam dictate even decreasing the stimuli for males even further by circumcision for males when females already have increased erotic zones and increased stimuli since males have to forego circumcision which leads to decreased sensation.
    Don't think we should question that. Allah knows best why He said it is obligatory for men to get circumcised and not obligatory for women. Perhaps it has nothing to do with relations and then again perhaps it does. Allah knows best and as His slave we do what He tells us to do.
    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by FutureImam View Post
      Don't think we should question that. Allah knows best why He said it is obligatory for men to get circumcised and not obligatory for women. Perhaps it has nothing to do with relations and then again perhaps it does. Allah knows best and as His slave we do what He tells us to do.
      I disagree with that. I do agree Allah swt knows best.

However, isn't it our responsibility as muslims to understand why it is why we do what we do rather than blindly follow something? Islam is all about knowledge and understanding, not by blind following. Clearly, Allah swt wanted males to be circumcised, however my question relies on why to seek the answer.

Comment

I disagree with that. I do agree Allah swt knows best.

However, isn't it our responsibility as muslims to understand why it is why we do what we do rather than blindly follow something? Islam is all about knowledge and understanding, not by blind following. Clearly, Allah swt wanted males to be circumcised, however my question relies on why to seek the answer.

O you who have believed, do not ask about things which, if they are shown to you, will distress you. But if you ask about them while the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be shown to you. Allah has pardoned that which is past; and Allah is Forgiving and Forbearing. 5:101

Tafsirs of this Quran verse http://www.alim.org/library/quran/Al...fsir/MDD/5/101
        http://www.alim.org/library/quran/Al...fsir/TIK/5/100

Again I don't think you should ask this question because it has no real relevance. The command caused you no harm or bad
        Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

O you who have believed, do not ask about things which, if they are shown to you, will distress you. But if you ask about them while the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be shown to you. Allah has pardoned that which is past; and Allah is Forgiving and Forbearing. 5:101

Tafsirs of this Quran verse http://www.alim.org/library/quran/Al...fsir/MDD/5/101
          http://www.alim.org/library/quran/Al...fsir/TIK/5/100

Again I don't think you should ask this question because it has no real relevance. The command caused you no harm or bad
          I wouldn't know, now would I?

Comment

Boys usually get circumcised when they are very very young because pain doesn't register in babies or children like it does in adults. Think you should just praise Allah because I remember someone saying that Ibrahim (as) circumcised himself with an ax.

Comment

You can't be serious.. Even some non Muslim men get circumcised for health reasons and its cleaner.
              "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

It hurts plenty, apparently.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...likely-believe

Edit: Male Circumcistion, I should clarify, in babies.

Comment

When done on babies a few days old it heals amazingly quick.
                  “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                    When done on babies a few days old it heals amazingly quick.
                    I remember reading a while ago that babies have some special hormone which allows skin to heal without scar tissue. They were trying to understand it so they could use it to help people who had major operations when adults. I wonder what came of that, it was a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by iwasjimmyjimmy View Post
                      It hurts plenty, apparently.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...likely-believe

Edit: Male Circumcistion, I should clarify, in babies.
                      That is a particular regional based study(the site u quoted).I would have to disagree with the site on a number of points,from personal experience.Some things in life do hurt(but it is worth it when the benefits outweigh the risks).lol. As I had quoted earlier. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cir...N=why-its-done
                      The American Academy of
                      Pediatrics (AAP) says the
                      benefits
                      of circumcision outweigh
                      the
                      risks.
                      Last edited by Jassim Islam; 09-12-13, 01:28 PM. Reason: Typo
                      Peace & assalamalaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jassim Islam View Post
                        That is a particular regional based study(the site u quoted).I would have to disagree with the site on a number of points,from personal experience.Some things in life do hurt(but it is worth it when the benefits outweigh the risks).lol. As I had quoted earlier. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cir...N=why-its-done
                        The American Academy of
                        Pediatrics (AAP) says the
                        benefits
                        of circumcision outweigh
                        the
                        risks.
                        Yes, I noted your source. I don't think it's black and white. In the USA, for many decades, they advised for circumcision on health grounds (if I remember, the source of this was the military, who had on their minds, a massive amount of STI's from sailors and soldiers visiting unhygienic foreign brothels.)

Then they changed their mind and went against the practice. Now again they are in favour.....It's also inconsistent that they don't actually recommend that it is actually performed as a matter of routine.

I'll go with the NHS advice unless I see compelling evidence otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1 View Post
                          You can't be serious.. Even some non Muslim men get circumcised for health reasons and its cleaner.

That's debatable.

This isn't Christianity where I'm born to be sinned/impure and I have to go through a medical procedure to become "pure." Sounds a lot similar to something Christians do, right?

If Allah swt didn't want me to have skin there, why was I born like that then?

Comment

i hope you realize there's a difference between female circumcision and female genital mutilation- the former is allowed, the latter is prohibited

Originally posted by Radec View Post
                            It's a horrible procedure. The ONLY thing it does is reduce sexual pleasure. Is it an attempt to control women from having sex? Is this a way to control women from having any pleasure?
                            sigpic

Comment

That's debatable.

This isn't Christianity where I'm born to be sinned/impure and I have to go through a medical procedure to become "pure." Sounds a lot similar to something Christians do, right?

If Allah swt didn't want me to have skin there, why was I born like that then?
                              This is why we don't question Allah. smh. People say they are slaves of Allah. saying that Allah is one, Saying Allah is the King and He knows best but then they question Him? My mind will always be boggled by this.

It's like a woman saying, I was born with hair how come I have to wear the Hijab?" Or "I was born with a face why do I have to wear the niqab?" Instead of questioning Allah do what you are told and Praise Allah and Say "Oh Allah you know best and I know nothing."

Comment

This is why we don't question Allah. smh. People say they are slaves of Allah. saying that Allah is one, Saying Allah is the King and He knows best but then they question Him? My mind will always be boggled by this.

It's like a woman saying, I was born with hair how come I have to wear the Hijab?" Or "I was born with a face why do I have to wear the niqab?" Instead of questioning Allah do what you are told and Praise Allah and Say "Oh Allah you know best and I know nothing."

Allah does know best, but it's also my job to try to understand why I do as he tells me to do and try to understand my best to understand the reasoning behind it within humanly rationale. i'm waiting for someone to quote a hadith here.... No I'm not quesioning anyone, people's minds are filled with curiosioty, and that's human nature.

No, that's not a medical alteration. At the end of the day, you still have your hair and it still grows. And that's for the obvious rationale of modesty. And well, no offense, you have girls out there who don't wear a hijab. It's rare to see a muslim male without a circumcision (I'm a medical student who's done my rotations with a few pediatrics in a Muslim-filled area) I just simply want to know some of the rationale and not heresay if you know what I mean here.

So instead of asking what's the rationale behind circumcision, you guys are attacking me for wanting to know what's the point of it

Comment

Working...
                                X