No announcement yet.

Female genital mutilation,Haram---Female circumcision,Halal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What is the point of female circumcision?

Originally posted by iwasjimmyjimmy View Post

Are you sure we should try and justify things that way?
    I am not justifying anything.I just stated the WHO report & the position of the AAP.Same thing u did as quoting unless u were trying to justify benefits of not circumcizing.
    Peace & assalamalaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Comment

Originally posted by Radec View Post
      It's a horrible procedure. The ONLY thing it does is reduce sexual pleasure. Is it an attempt to control women from having sex? Is this a way to control women from having any pleasure?
      There is no point for female circumcision, it's an barbaric cultural thing. Should be stopped asap.
      My heart will go on

Comment

Originally posted by Jassim Islam View Post
        www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/ Female genital mutilation
        (FGM) includes procedures that
        intentionally alter or cause
        injury to the female genital
        organs for non-medical
        reasons.
        The procedure has no health
        benefits for girls and women.
        Yes, I was making an argument against "less sensitivity can be a good thing". I disagree with that argument.

By the way, really, that source you quoted seems to be owned by some very dodgy characters. Please reads the links. I don't think it's the right kind of organisation to quote from.

It doesn't take away from the rest of your arguments, but I really would check if I were you.

Edit: the circinfo one
        Last edited by iwasjimmyjimmy; 08-12-13, 01:31 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Agreed.My mistake.This particular source may not be reliable.But the WHO &AAP should have been enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by zainah View Post
            It's a horrible procedure. The ONLY thing it does is reduce sexual pleasure. Is it an attempt to control women from having sex? Is this a way to control women from having any pleasure?
            There is no point for female circumcision, it's an barbaric cultural thing. Should be stopped asap.
            That isn't what we find in the sunnah. The medini woman used to be circumcised. It simply wasn't pharoic.
            Pharoic circumcision is forbidden, the one the prophet pbuh approved is only to remove a tiny amount. It requires a surgeon and not a local elder with a loose razorblade.

As for it being barbaric genital mutilation is barbaric. Female circumcision isn't barbaric.

Classic example of revelation vs Logic

Comment

You do realise that male circumcision reduces sexual pleasure as well, and is not justified on medical grounds.
              I have corrected my earlier post with this info.
              www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17419812/ Test results do
              not support the hypothesized
              penile sensory differences
              associated with circumcision.
              However, group differences in
              penile temperature and sexual
              response were found.

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
                That isn't what we find in the sunnah. The medini woman used to be circumcised. It simply wasn't pharoic.
                Pharoic circumcision is forbidden, the one the prophet pbuh approved is only to remove a tiny amount. It requires a surgeon and not a local elder with a loose razorblade.

As for it being barbaric genital mutilation is barbaric. Female circumcision isn't barbaric.

I find it barbaric when a woman can't feel anything because they cut her genitals off. This is what happens. Did the wives or the daughters of our Prophet :saw:got circumcised?
                My heart will go on

Comment

Comment

How do you do that?
                    Make your text squashed on the left side like that???
                    Bye...

Comment

Genital Mutilation as practiced by some backward cultures is Haram.

the term your refering to which is permitted in Islam is Hoodectomy

again this isn't compulsory, but optional.

I never really delved into it, or had any desire to find out, but since your asking ... as for the benefits of it,

according to a Surgeon, it increases the chances of both Husband and Wife having increased pleasure.

again there have been multiple threads on this issue explaining it,

:jkk:
                      Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 08-12-13, 02:43 PM.
                      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jassim Islam View Post

Modern day opinion vs the opinions of the imams who lived in the 3,4th century.

We have no reports or indication that the prophet pbuh did it to his daughters. He pbuh came upon the practise in medina.

Every fiqh book discusses it.We only need to fear allah not overdo it. It is something that does not remove the abillity to enjoy the company of her husband.

It is waajib in the shafi'i madhab hence in Somalia it still done. Egypt used to be largely shafi'i and hence you find most woman circumcised as for the manner in which they circumcise this pharoic form then it is haraam.

Comment

• I think the practise of female circumcision should stop untill Medical proffesionals are trained to perform the surgery in accordance to islam.

Otherwise FGM will be as rampent as it is today in Egypt,Sudan,Somalia etc

Comment

Modern day opinion vs the opinions of the imams who lived in the 3,4th century.

We have no reports or indication that the prophet pbuh did it to his daughters. He pbuh came upon the practise in medina.

Every fiqh book discusses it.We only need to fear allah not overdo it. It is something that does not remove the abillity to enjoy the company of her husband.

It is waajib in the shafi'i madhab hence in Somalia it still done. Egypt used to be largely shafi'i and hence you find most woman circumcised as for the manner in which they circumcise this pharoic form then it is haraam.
                            I can tell u brother me & my family were & r brought up in shafi'i madhab,though not in Somalia.We practice qunut,etc but the female circumcision tradition is unknown in the Shafi'is here.

Comment

Originally posted by zainah View Post
                              I find it barbaric when a woman can't feel anything because they cut her genitals off. This is what happens. Did the wives or the daughters of our Prophet :saw:got circumcised?
                              There is a difference between FGM and female circumcision.

The former is the barbaric one.

The latter is allowed and called hoodectomy and is legal and treated as cosmetic surgery in the UK.

Comment

I think you guys are missing the point of the thread and are going off topic.

If Islam dictates circumcision for males, but not for females, and current medical research proves that there are no benefits for circumcision, then what is the Islamic justification of circumcision?

I'm not referring to mutilation, just circumcision.

From my own knowledge, females have a higher level of erotic zones in a clitirus than a male does in a penis (I think it's 3 erotic zones for females and 2 for males if I recall correctly) , so why would Islam dictate even decreasing the stimuli for males even further by circumcision for males when females already have increased erotic zones and increased stimuli since males have to forego circumcision which leads to decreased sensation.
                                Last edited by amirkhan780; 08-12-13, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X