Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Female genital mutilation-Haram Female circumcision-Halal

Originally posted by umm aiman123 View Post
    Sis Female Genital mutilation is haram however Sunnah female circumcision is allowed and its completely different to what they do it in Somalia and Sudan where the whole clitoris is exterminated that is considered illegal and haram under the Sharia. However the type of circumcision that is allowed in Islam is when only a little bit of the clitoris is taken so basically the hood of the clitoris NOT the actual clitoris its self.

Female circumcision is done by cutting a small part of the skin that looks like a rooster’s comb,The Sunnah is not to cut all of it, but rather a part of it. Al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (19/28)

As for how it is performed, it is done by cutting off part of the hood/skin which is like the comb of a cock and is found just above the urinary tract.

Umm Atiyyah said, “A woman used to perform circumcision in Madeenah. The Prophet , said to her: 'Do not cut severely as that is better for the woman and more pleasurable for the husband.'" [Abu Daawood]

Therefore sis Sunnah Female circumcision is NOT the same as female genital mutilation where the clitoris is taken out as only the skin on top of the clitoris is allowed to be removed. Also look up hoodectomy which is pretty much Sunnah circumcision and private doctors offer it to females in western countries and it is not harmful to women whatsoever if it is done the way the Prophet S.A.W said to do it. I think that people need to make a distinct with regards to female circumcision as whenever someone thinks of it people assume mutilation because the term is used interchangeably.
    ^--- Ok that makes sense.

But anything more then that is just wicked!

Comment

Salaams to all. Astaga is all I can say, for doing this to women is not allowed in Islam.
      "A Muslim must not hate his wife and if he be displeased with one bad quality in her, then let him be pleased with another that is good.":saw:

Comment

Originally posted by yusuflee View Post
        Salaams to all. Astaga is all I can say, for doing this to women is not allowed in Islam.
        the entire thread is here for your perusal and you repeat the same nonsense from the first few posts
        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
          the entire thread is here for your perusal and you repeat the same nonsense from the first few posts
          loooooooool

Comment

I was with some non-Muslims from my cricket team yesterday and thanks to the media it is often assumed that in Islam we circumcise our women... n'auzu Billah. Perhaps this should be included in the IDCI daw'ah booklets from now on....!

Comment

Originally posted by umm aiman123 View Post
              Sis Female Genital mutilation is haram however Sunnah female circumcision is allowed and its completely different to what they do it in Somalia and Sudan where the whole clitoris is exterminated that is considered illegal and haram under the Sharia. However the type of circumcision that is allowed in Islam is when only a little bit of the clitoris is taken so basically the hood of the clitoris NOT the actual clitoris its self.

Female circumcision is done by cutting a small part of the skin that looks like a rooster’s comb,The Sunnah is not to cut all of it, but rather a part of it. Al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (19/28)

As for how it is performed, it is done by cutting off part of the hood/skin which is like the comb of a cock and is found just above the urinary tract.

Umm Atiyyah said, “A woman used to perform circumcision in Madeenah. The Prophet , said to her: 'Do not cut severely as that is better for the woman and more pleasurable for the husband.'" [Abu Daawood]

Therefore sis Sunnah Female circumcision is NOT the same as female genital mutilation where the clitoris is taken out as only the skin on top of the clitoris is allowed to be removed. Also look up hoodectomy which is pretty much Sunnah circumcision and private doctors offer it to females in western countries and it is not harmful to women whatsoever if it is done the way the Prophet S.A.W said to do it. I think that people need to make a distinct with regards to female circumcision as whenever someone thinks of it people assume mutilation because the term is used interchangeably.
              Do you have clear proofs that this is a sunnah?

Comment

Originally posted by Abdullah Hyde View Post
                Scholars say it is sunnah because of the hadith that is posted up above whilst others say it is merely allowed and Allah knows best.

The point is Female genital mutilation is haraam whilst hoodectomy is allowed and has no negative effects on women it is even offered to women in the west.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdullah Hyde View Post
                  if you would bother actually reading the thread, the hadiths have been given many times over
                  دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

wallahi

this thread was combined so that anyone who has a question and seriously wants an answer can just look thru the thread

instead, we get these "knee jerk" responses, over and over and over

not even willing to click for a few minutes and read

i dont know if it is laziness or willful ignorance
                    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                      wallahi

this thread was combined so that anyone who has a question and seriously wants an answer can just look thru the thread

instead, we get these "knee jerk" responses, over and over and over

not even willing to click for a few minutes and read

i dont know if it is laziness or willful ignorance
                      Perhaps it is an aspect of the tyranny of the ignorant.
                      Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                      " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

I agree that the way God made our bodies shouldn't be altered at all, but there is a vast difference between the practice fo cutting off the cli***** and cutting the whole vulva and labia completely out, which is what I think the distinction is about. That would be like the difference between cutting the foreskin off on a man and cutting the entire head of the member completely off. The thing that needs to be remembered too is this isn't just a Muslim Somali practice, but a Somali cultural practice in general. Christians and animists do it too over there. Well, this is my impression from what I've read on the topic anyway.
                        Last edited by Jonathan87; 24-10-13, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Londoners sign pro-FGM petition

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...s-8908877.html

Comment

• Re: Londoners sign pro-FGM petition

^So if i get this correctly, she was testing if people will sign a FOR FGM petition.

Well, many people do not even know what that is. Gosh, i did not know until a few moths ago when someone mentioned it on this thread, if i was confronted with something like that a year ago and someone saying to protect their culture i would sign it without knowing what it actually is because i would have not understood.

I guess that is scary, we are so beaten down with the thought of not discriminating that we can actually help the practices of harmful things, thinking we have done right by going against culture discrimination.

I guess the lesson is to not sign any petition until you fully understand. Valuable lesson for me.
                            Bye...

Comment

• Re: Female genital mutilation,Haram---Female circumcision,Halal

Sad that this happens to women even in 2013. Only the thought of it makes me shiver
                              My heart will go on

Comment

why there is a 25 pages thread here i'll never know. Things are simple enough to stop any negociations on the issue

this is the only information of importance here :

the phone number has not changed, unfortunately there is no email but one may pm for informations.
                                My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                                Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Working...
                                X