Female genital mutilation,Haram---Female circumcision,Halal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Female genital mutilation-Haram Female circumcision-Halal

Female circumcision is recommend based on hadiths .
    Some will call it FGM. There are hadiths that some member posted which confirms that prophet desired that.
    It's not a must, but if you are a good muslim female and cares what prophet liked then you better have it. Prophet said don't cut it completely but some what of clitoris should be cut

Comment

Originally posted by AhmedSid View Post
      Female circumcision is recommend based on hadiths .
      Some will call it FGM. There are hadiths that some member posted which confirms that prophet desired that.
      It's not a must, but if you are a good muslim female and cares what prophet liked then you better have it. Prophet said don't cut it completely but some what of clitoris should be cut
      so you call for the mutilation of women`s bodies, while at the same time decreeing they should not wear niqab as it is embaressing you.

what u have described is not permissible in islam.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
        so you call for the mutilation of women`s bodies, while at the same time decreeing they should not wear niqab as it is embaressing you.

what u have described is not permissible in islam.
        It is, if you don't want to do it that's your choice. Its in hadith so no point arguing.

Comment

Originally posted by AhmedSid View Post
          some what of clitoris should be cut
          this amounts to severe female genital mutilation by any possible definition

Comment

Originally posted by monti View Post
            :start:

Don't listen to him, he is a misguided person. May Allah guide him.
            :start:
            :salams
            To all the Muslims. I am your brother and I love you all for the sake of Allah. May Allah unite the Muslimeen; Ameen.

Comment

I don't know why it is subject to discussion
              My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
              Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by monti View Post
                Not my words. That's what the hadith says

Narrated Umm Atiyyah al-Ansariyyah:
                A woman used to perform circumcision in Medina. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said to her: Do not cut severely as that is better for a woman and more desirable for a husband. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 5251)

Various hadith define legal intercourse (for purity purposes) as occuring when the circumcized parts cross or touch each other. I.e. Circumcision of both men and women is presupposed.

Abu Musa reported: There cropped up a difference of opinion between a group of Muhajirs (Emigrants and a group of Ansar (Helpers) (and the point of dispute was) that the Ansar said: The bath (because of sexual intercourse) becomes obligatory only-when the semen spurts out or ejaculates. But the Muhajirs said: When a man has sexual intercourse (with the woman), a bath becomes obligatory (no matter whether or not there is seminal emission or ejaculation). Abu Musa said: Well, I satisfy you on this (issue). He (Abu Musa, the narrator) said: I got up (and went) to 'A'isha and sought her permission and it was granted, and I said to her: O Mother, or Mother of the Faithful, I want to ask you about a matter on which I feel shy. She said: Don't feel shy of asking me about a thing which you can ask your mother, who gave you birth, for I am too your mother. Upon this I said: What makes a bath obligatory for a person? She replied: You have come across one well informed! The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When anyone sits amidst four parts (of the woman) and the circumcised parts touch each other a bath becomes obligatory. (Sahih Muslim, Book 003, Number 0684)

Comment

• http://yallaah.wordpress.com

May Allaah Showers Mercy on those Poor Girls

http://yallaah.wordpress.com

Comment

• Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)

This is a cultural practice prevalent in parts of the middle east (Egypt etc) and African nations.

My questions is what are your experiences of it, your views on it and does it have any place at all in Islam.

For anyone who is not based in teh UK, FGM has been making headlines the last few years due to families taking their daughters 'back home' and carrying out this mutilation on them. Parents in teh UK can be prosecuted if they are found to have done this, not that this has been revoked.

Is this an outdated procedure that the muslim community must take a stand against. I can only imagine the physcial pain that the young girl/woman must endure.
                    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

• Re: Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)

This is very common where I come from and sadly it's women that push for it more so than men. It has no place in Islam.

Comment

I don't understand the purpose of it :confused:
                        You know you're growing old when the candles cost more than the cake

Comment

As-salamu-'alykum-wa-rahmatullaahi-wa-barakatuh

There are 2 types of female circumcision:

a) Cultural: This is the one practised mainly in Africa by both Muslims AND non-Muslims. How much to cut, etc, etc. is clearly not defined. Usually, unfortunately, the clitoris of the woman is cut-off

b) Islamic:
                          There is one school of jurisprudence that considers female circumcision obligatory. This female circumcision is, however, nothing close to the stories we hear. It involves, much like the male circumcision, the trimming of the excess skin that covers the clitoris (the excess of skin of the clitoral hood). It should literally be less than 2 mm of skin and it should have no effect on sexual pleasure whatsoever (having fun during sex is a good thing in Islam!)

Comment

Originally posted by Peace4mankind View Post
                            As-salamu-'alykum-wa-rahmatullaahi-wa-barakatuh

There are 2 types of female circumcision:

a) Cultural: This is the one practised mainly in Africa by both Muslims AND non-Muslims. How much to cut, etc, etc. is clearly not defined. Usually, unfortunately, the clitoris of the woman is cut-off

b) Islamic:
                            There is one school of jurisprudence that considers female circumcision obligatory. This female circumcision is, however, nothing close to the stories we hear. It involves, much like the male circumcision, the trimming of the excess skin that covers the clitoris (the excess of skin of the clitoral hood). It should literally be less than 2 mm of skin and it should have no effect on sexual pleasure whatsoever (having fun during sex is a good thing in Islam!)
                            Is their some cultural belief that women should not experience sexual pleasure?

Comment

Where is the proof of this??
                              and what is hapenning in some procedures is certainly not just cutting off a bit of skin. Why do the repsective imams (somalians etc) speak out against this practice because not only does it put women through a lot of discomfort for the rest of their lives (childbirth, intercourse, passing urine etc) it can smoetimes put their lives in danger because most often then not, its being carried out by untrained village 'doctors'

and its giving Islam a bad name
                              Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                              __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                              If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                                Where is the proof of this??
                                and what is hapenning in some procedures is certainly not just cutting off a bit of skin. Why do the repsective imams (somalians etc) speak out against this practice because not only does it put women through a lot of discomfort for the rest of their lives (childbirth, intercourse, passing urine etc) it can smoetimes put their lives in danger because most often then not, its being carried out by untrained village 'doctors'

and its giving Islam a bad name
                                Why do I get the impression that all of this is carried out without any anesthetic in a small dingy room, strapped to a steel table with incessant cries of pain?

Comment

Working...
                                X