Female genital mutilation,Haram---Female circumcision,Halal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Female circumcision : (

Men get circumcised with scissors, too. I'm sure that's painful, too. I remember my cousin was crying for hours.

So, why aren't you worried about your sons, but only daughter?
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I think I pointed out earlier that a male may benefit from this action (although some question this),
      there is no evidence whatsoever that a girl benefits by having this mutilation.

Decency prevents me listing in more detail, but the male gets lots more from this process while the female gets a very great less.

I don't think it takes much imagination to work out how much male-orientated this mutilation is directed.

Circumcise little boys when they're very little benefit but very little down side + some benefits in pleasure (BTW that's me too and there's some hygiene arguments).

Mutilate little girls, not when they're very little but when their bodies begin to develop and it will suppress their urges.

It's about domination, it's pre-Islamic & pagan. Swept into Islam because that's what the primitive tribes of the Middle East did to control their daughters,

Sisters please speak out.

Comment

OMG ok BG calm down. Im a british born muslim woman, i have 2 young daughters and no i wouldnt allow it, unless it was obligatory in the deen (which it isnt) Because if it was obligatory then that would mean that there IS a benefit in it for us women, like hijab for instance.

Of course FGM or even doing it according to the sunnah with a dirty blunt blade or whatever is wrong and potentially harmful. Agreed. Now you have the type of cutting that is pre-islamic and dangerous the Prophet SAW forbade this and this is what is still practised by IGNORANT muslims and is NOT part of islam, Where the area is fully stitched, or a certain part (which is important, sorry dont want to be graphic) is totally removed. All this is wrong. No one should be arguing about this, intimacy is an important part of marriage and an important experience that should be enjoyed by both spouses, for instance a woman is allowed to ask for a khula if her husband is unable to satisfy her in the bedroom (this shows the importance of a woman enjoyin the intimacy) i think there is just a mis-understanding here about what FGM and correct FC is.

What i have come across in the past is that poor families in 3rd world countries do it to secure a future marriage for their daughters (so that the man knows she is untouched so to speak) or the really rich do it as a show of their honour. Allah knows best.

There is a hadith which states that the top of the outter area may be removed so to help expose the inner area so that both the husband and wife may benefit. So no harm in it. for more details reading the book (muhammad al jibaly) Marital intimacy according to the sunnah is a good read.

Comment

A clear distinction has already been made, FYI unprofessional and unhygienic methods would be equally as disasterful for males, I hope you show equal enthusiasm for male children who could also be potentially at risk...
          Using a blunt razor blade to kill even an animal would be unacceptable, I wonder if you have the same worry for boys?
          catholics sisters are in the dance clubs

Comment

There were many pre-Islamic rituals and practices before Prophet Muhammad :saw: became a prophet.

So, to say that it "crept" in isn't correct. It's like saying Allah and the Prophet :saw: missed this and it kind of snaked in. Prophet :saw: has already talked about this, as posted in the hadiths. So, it's not something that was not in the knowledge of his.

As for mutilation, I don't think it's that if you do it according to Sunnah. I'm sure there are benefits. You just have to steer clear of the people who says FGM and FC are the same thing.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Did you deliberately ignore the bit where I said the Islamic female circumcision described in hadith is clitoral hoodectomy and actually increases women's desires?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
              (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                Did you deliberately ignore the bit where I said the Islamic female circumcision described in hadith is clitoral hoodectomy and actually increases women's desires?
                Does the same apply to men?

~Bub
                From the Many, One

Comment

Originally posted by BubbleGum View Post

~Bub
                  Why do you ask that to a sister?
                  The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing)” (3:185)

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ision+clitoris
                    The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing)” (3:185)

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbleGum View Post

~Bub
                      for the men , the foreskin goes away.

Comment

What about for brothers who have reverted to Islam? WHat is the ruling for males who weren't circumcised at birth but later accepted Islam?

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
                          What about for brothers who have reverted to Islam? WHat is the ruling for males who weren't circumcised at birth but later accepted Islam?
                          http://islamqa.com/en/ref/46849
                          http://islamqa.com/en/ref/106524
                          http://islamqa.com/en/ref/1163

Comment

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
                              ur scary.

Comment

• Re: FGM : There is a solution. Can it be made a sticky?

Am still confused to why people do it? I know its not from Islam!! My cousin had it done the ignorant way, How is the Sunnah way Done? I know people do the sunnah way but am still confused with that! I heard they cut just a lil bit, and another time I heard to just make it bleed! *confused*

Comment

Working...
                                X