No announcement yet.

Female genital mutilation,Haram---Female circumcision,Halal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stop the female genital mutilation(also called as ''female circumcision'') inshaa

hamza

how many women have YOU come into contact that are victims of this? how many women have YOU heard about thru neighbors and friends?

am i saying it doesnt happen? of course not, i am confident that there are women and girls who may have undergone this procedure

some may have had it done properly, some may not, WE DONT KNOW

just like any surgery, there are going to be some bad stories, in the usa, every week we are hearing about some doctor who did some major operation improperly

now, if we were to take these cases and then try to outlaw all surgeries based upon the actions of a few, we would be wrong

so before you want to make a case out of this, you gotta do more than just rant

firstly, you have to verify the information, and to be honest, i dont know how anyone can actually verify this type of procedure.

if muslims would learn their islam,then at least we can address it from an islamic perspective

but to take the info that the WHO spouts and then try to impugn the muslim world is a bit too much, in my opinion
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

• Re: Stop the female genital mutilation(also called as ''female circumcision'') inshaa

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
      hamza

how many women have YOU come into contact that are victims of this? how many women have YOU heard about thru neighbors and friends?

am i saying it doesnt happen? of course not, i am confident that there are women and girls who may have undergone this procedure

some may have had it done properly, some may not, WE DONT KNOW

just like any surgery, there are going to be some bad stories, in the usa, every week we are hearing about some doctor who did some major operation improperly

now, if we were to take these cases and then try to outlaw all surgeries based upon the actions of a few, we would be wrong

so before you want to make a case out of this, you gotta do more than just rant

firstly, you have to verify the information, and to be honest, i dont know how anyone can actually verify this type of procedure.

if muslims would learn their islam,then at least we can address it from an islamic perspective

but to take the info that the WHO spouts and then try to impugn the muslim world is a bit too much, in my opinion
      As-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu!

The woman i am supposed to marry has had this FGM done on her.
      Her whole family(all women have it done). She told me it is something ''normal'' in Somalia, and people still do it,eaven if they live in Europe or USA,or Canada, etc.

It is also practiced in Nigeria,Sudan,Egypt and other countries aswell.

Comment

Female Circumcision is Sunnah.

Female Genital Mutilation is not.

Learn the difference InshAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by hamzaXXXL View Post

Leave the kuffar out of this deal, this is our ''skeletons from our closet''. The kuffar don`t come to cut little girls external genitalia off. We do that.
          Let me reiterate- "we" do not do that. None of us on the forum advocate FGM or consider it to be halal. As for "the kuffar don't come to cut little girls genitalia off"- actually THEY DO! FGM is a mainly African practise and that includes Christians and Animists but for some reason, everyone is quiet about the fact that African Christians do it and all the noise is focussed on Muslims (however many or few) who do this even though the vast majority of Muslims are against this, including those on this forum.

It must be heartbreaking that the family of the woman you wish to marry went through this but inshAllah after you marry, once you are part of the family you can be the first person to stop the practise if you have your own daughters inshAllah and play a role in stopping the cycle of abuse in her family. If you want to speak out against it, then speak out against those who do the FGM or advocate it. Ummah forum does not condone this sort of thing so you've come to the wrong place to raise this issue. May Allah (swt) guide your future in laws to the way of the sunnah- ameen.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
            the kuffar make this a bigger deal than what it is, and you have gulped it up
            Very True bro, this is a Major Problem for the Kuffar and Mushriks who practice FGM at large but instead of Condemning them, lets turn on the Muslims ...

:jkk:
            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Imam al-Shafii (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Her whole family(all women have it done). She told me it is something ''normal'' in Somalia, and people still do it,eaven if they live in Europe or USA,or Canada, etc.

It has already been told to you that FGm is Haraam in Islam, and that this Practice Originates from the said Cultures,

we know where it is practiced, the Muslims by far and large Do not practice this,

next time get your facts right.

Comment

Originally posted by kostageas View Post
                Female Circumcision is Sunnah.

Female Genital Mutilation is not.

Learn the difference InshAllah.
                I don't think Hamza XXXL will ever learn the difference,

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                  Let me reiterate- "we" do not do that. None of us on the forum advocate FGM or consider it to be halal. As for "the kuffar don't come to cut little girls genitalia off"- actually THEY DO! FGM is a mainly African practise and that includes Christians and Animists but for some reason, everyone is quiet about the fact that African Christians do it and all the noise is focussed on Muslims (however many or few) who do this even though the vast majority of Muslims are against this, including those on this forum.

It must be heartbreaking that the family of the woman you wish to marry went through this but inshAllah after you marry, once you are part of the family you can be the first person to stop the practise if you have your own daughters inshAllah and play a role in stopping the cycle of abuse in her family. If you want to speak out against it, then speak out against those who do the FGM or advocate it. Ummah forum does not condone this sort of thing so you've come to the wrong place to raise this issue. May Allah (swt) guide your future in laws to the way of the sunnah- ameen.
                  while basically you are right, unfortunately, it's not so simple

very frequently, in what is commonly called "female circumcision", it is not just the hood of the clitoris which is removed, but also (at least) part of the clitoris itself.

so, there is quite some confusion over this issue and for this reason the WHO opposes also so-called "female circumcision" and classifies it as FGM (subdivided into four types)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                    I don't think Hamza XXXL will ever learn the difference,

I know the diffrence between FGM(Haram) and the circumcision which is permitted for women.

Comment

he has sincere intentions and is genuinely concerned about sisters, so people shouldn't be so harsh on him.
                      Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                      Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
                        he has sincere intentions and is genuinely concerned about sisters, so people shouldn't be so harsh on him.
                        As-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu! Jazak Allahu khairan my sister. Allah have mercy on you ameen. Allah have mercy on our ummah ameen. Wallahi my intentions are sincere.

Comment

I know the difference between FGM(Haram) and the circumcision which is permitted for women.
                          Which one are you complaining about,

if its the Former Haraam one, then please direct it at the Cultures which Practice it, and not the Muslims at large.

FGM is a Major Issue for the Kuffar and those who are drenched in Cultures of the Mushrikeen/Kuffar.

and Even the Sunnah Circumcision is Not Practiced by the Majority of the Muslims ...

Comment

As-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu! Jazak Allahu khairan my sister. Allah have mercy on you ameen. Allah have mercy on our ummah ameen. Wallahi my intentions are sincere.
                            Akhi we are not doubting your intentions, but please address it to the Major Culprits ...

FGM is a Major Issue for the Kuffar and the Mushrikeen ... not the Muslims.

Comment

so now we see the source of your passion

good

now you go to her people and explain their error

(how did you even bring that subject up BEFORE marriage?)
                              .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                              نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by Ombres View Post
                                while basically you are right, unfortunately, it's not so simple

very frequently, in what is commonly called "female circumcision", it is not just the hood of the clitoris which is removed, but also (at least) part of the clitoris itself.
                                Yes I know. I should've clarified by 'we' I meant: we at Ummah forum and I didn't mean 'we' in terms of the whole Ummah as I do know there are pockets of jahiliya where FGM goes on and the practice needs to be stopped. I'm just saying it doesn't happen 'here', so having a go at us about it as if it's somehow our fault or responsibility is pointless. It's like going into a church of England church and complaining about it there just because some African Christians do it- that would be pointless too cos' British church of England Christians wouldn't agree with it either. Why target a community of Muslims on an internet forum who don't even agree with the practice as if we're supposed to take responsibility for it? It has nothing to do with us.
                                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
                                X