No announcement yet.

Female genital mutilation,Haram---Female circumcision,Halal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stop the female genital mutilation(also called as ''female circumcision'') inshaa

Originally posted by mizfissy815 View Post
    1) Female genital mutilation (FGM) as widely practiced in Africa and done by some Muslims IS not Islamic and is just a stupid cultural practice.

2) What has been documented in the Sunnah and Hadeeths as female circumcision(FC) is not FGM and not considered FGM by the World Health Organization either..

actually, it is. It is type Ia of FGM (female genital mutilation) according to the WHO classification.

http://www.who.int/reproductivehealt.../en/index.html

Type I Partial or total removal of the clitoris and/or the prepuce (clitoridectomy).
    When it is important to distinguish between the major variations of Type I mutilation, the following subdivisions are proposed: Type Ia, removal of the clitoral hood or prepuce only; Type Ib, removal of the clitoris with the prepuce.
    Type II Partial or total removal of the clitoris and the labia minora, with or without excision of the labia majora (excision).
    When it is important to distinguish between the major variations that have been documented, the following subdivisions are proposed: Type IIa, removal of the labia minora only; Type IIb, partial or total removal of the clitoris and the labia minora; Type IIc, partial or total removal of the clitoris, the labia minora and the labia majora.
    Note also that, in French, the term excision is often used as a general term covering all types of female genital mutilation.
    Type III Narrowing of the vaginal orifice with creation of a covering seal by cutting and appositioning the labia minora and/or the labia majora, with or without excision of the clitoris (infibulation).
    Type IIIa, removal and apposition of the labia minora; Type IIIb, removal and apposition of the labia majora.
    Type IV All other harmful procedures to the female genitalia for non-medical purposes, for example: pricking, piercing, incising, scraping and cauterization.

Comment

• Re: Stop the female genital mutilation(also called as ''female circumcision'') inshaa

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
      you were not telling the truth

you were not right

you were misrepresenting the sunnah to gather support for your misguided crusade

what you need to do is educate people on how to do things correctly

thats all you had to say from the very beginning

As-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu!

FGM is widely practiced in the ummah and we hide behind a bloody curtain and we dress it with the clothing of sunnah female circumcision. - This is true
      FGM is haram and it is mutilation altering the creation of Allah - true aswell

I said from the sunnah of cutting a little bit of the clitoris, they have gone in hardcore mode to cut all her external genitalia out. - true again

I am the only muslim in my city, and the nearest muslim community to me is like hundreds of miles away, and in Romania muslims don`t practice FGM.
      It`s not like i can travel hundreds of miles to go in a masjid and talk about this, when people here don`t practice FGM.

Comment

the WHO classification of FGM is herehttp://www.who.int/reproductivehealt.../en/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ombres View Post
          the WHO classification of FGM is herehttp://www.who.int/reproductivehealt.../en/index.html
          As-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu! Barak Allah feek brother.

Comment

The brother is right considering that FGM is called circumcision in Africa and that is THE operation practiced and not the sunnah simple. No need to play the blind.
            So either those practicing this filth are mistaking it for the sunnah by ignorance, or it is done on purpose. Don't know what is worse
            My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
            Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
              The brother is right considering that FGM is called circumcision in Africa and that is THE operation practiced and not the sunnah simple. No need to play the blind.
              So either those practicing this filth are mistaking it for the sunnah by ignorance, or it is done on purpose. Don't know what is worse
              As-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu! Jazak Allahu khairan for speaking the truth. Allah reward you ameen.

Yes i noticed that, they call the FGM as ''sunnah circumcision'' in Africa. To be honest, i think they do it on purpose. It is their belief and culture that this is the right thing. Again i don`t like the fact that culture is against the deen, and they don`t want to stop this practice. It is sad to see that people are more attached to culture then to the religion of Allah.
              Last edited by hamzaXXXL; 15-10-11, 06:01 PM. Reason: Adding part of answer which i forgot to write

Comment

Originally posted by hamzaXXXL View Post

Dear brothers and sisters,i am a convert to islam alhamdulilah. Anyways no one told me about this horrible practice called ''female circumcision''.
                I don`t understand why we must destroy women`s lives? I don`t understand many things about our ummah. Many act like they don`t know not eaven the basic rules of islam. I would like to see a more strong campaign against this practice.

Anyways it doesn`t say anywhere in Quran and Sunnah to cut off the external parts of a women vagina, brothers and sisters wake up, you don`t have to mutilate your little girls,your parents maybe mutilated some of you, you don`t need to keep it alive inshaAllah.

I hope my intentions will be understood correctly inshaAllah.

Allah guide our ummah ameen.
                Wa alaikum Salaam Warah matullahi wa barakatu,

Female Circumcision is Practiced by the Jews/Yehud.

If some Muslims are practicing it, then thats a result of their Vile Culture ...

This is a Non-Issue for the Ummah, but as usual someone likes to blow the Evil that a Minute community of the Ummah maybe doing out of proportion ...

a bit of background knowledge would have done you good too ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_mutilation FGM is Haraam.

:jkk:

Circumcision exists only for men in Islam.
                Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 15-10-11, 06:46 PM.
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Imam al-Shafii (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Brother hamza, i think it is very admirable that you have decided to raise awareness about this issue, alhamdulillah you care about your sisters, it is good to hear. Dont me shy to bring up this topic to muslims you meet in order to continue to raise awareness.

i think it was a language mis understanding that caused some friction, but you seem clear the difference between fc and fgm, you are just saying people do fgm and call it fc, and they need to stop hidin behind that term to justify themselves.

saif, check your facts fc is from islam, it is the procedure called by western plastic surgeons clitoral hood removal which increases the womens pleasure. fgm is not from islam. the problem is the art of fc has been lost and it is delicate procedure.

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                  (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

FGM is widely practiced in the ummah and we hide behind a bloody curtain and we dress it with the clothing of sunnah female circumcision. - This is true
                    FGM is haram and it is mutilation altering the creation of Allah - true aswell

I said from the sunnah of cutting a little bit of the clitoris, they have gone in hardcore mode to cut all her external genitalia out. - true again

I am the only muslim in my city, and the nearest muslim community to me is like hundreds of miles away, and in Romania muslims don`t practice FGM.
                    It`s not like i can travel hundreds of miles to go in a masjid and talk about this, when people here don`t practice FGM.
                    ok look again im sure its just english not being your langauge that you have become confused, none of the clitoris is cut at all in islamic circumsicion, nothing at all, not a single piece of it. It is the skin around it that is removed to expose the clitoris.

what you are talking about is called "pharonic circumcision " which is known today as FGM, and its something practised by the tribes of the mushrikeen.
                    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

dont you love it when a new muslim will tell you the deen when he himself dosent know any of this islamic concepts.

like humility.
                      And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

No "we" don't.

A small proportion of jahil Muslims (and non Muslims) in some parts of Africa and the Arab world maybe do this sort of horrible stuff to women but you wont find them on this forum. "We" (the Muslims on Ummah forum) know better than that inshAllah. I don't think you need to exert any more effort in trying to convince us that FGM is haraam- we already know.

Just because certain members on here justify FC due to the sunnah, it is not tantamount to justifying FGM. I presume us lot on here know the difference inshAllah.
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

FGM is when the labia, clitoris, clitoral hood are all shaved off and the vaginal opening sewn together.

circumcision is when the clitoral hood is removed. the clitoral hood is akin to the foreskin on a mans private parts.

i will not get into the reason why this is done as thats a conversation that will lead to some x rated comments.
                          And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

just out of curiosity, why are we thinking or caring what the world health organization says?

soon these idiots will consider male circumcision child abuse, then what?
                            .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                            نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                              dont you love it when a new muslim will tell you the deen when he himself dosent know any of this islamic concepts.

like humility.
                              As-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu to you too brother. Alhamdulilah because i meet islam before i meet the muslims indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                                FGM is when the labia, clitoris, clitoral hood are all shaved off and the vaginal opening sewn together.

circumcision is when the clitoral hood is removed. the clitoral hood is akin to the foreskin on a mans private parts.

i will not get into the reason why this is done as thats a conversation that will lead to some x rated comments.

I know what FGM means, as in what parts of the woman`s genitalia are removed.

Comment

Working...
                                X