No announcement yet.

Female genital mutilation,Haram---Female circumcision,Halal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop the female genital mutilation(also called as ''female circumcision'') inshaallah

As-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu!

Dear brothers and sisters,i am a convert to islam alhamdulilah. Anyways no one told me about this horrible practice called ''female circumcision''.
    I don`t understand why we must destroy women`s lives? I don`t understand many things about our ummah. Many act like they don`t know not eaven the basic rules of islam. I would like to see a more strong campaign against this practice.

Anyways it doesn`t say anywhere in Quran and Sunnah to cut off the external parts of a women vagina, brothers and sisters wake up, you don`t have to mutilate your little girls,your parents maybe mutilated some of you, you don`t need to keep it alive inshaAllah.

I hope my intentions will be understood correctly inshaAllah.

Allah guide our ummah ameen.

Comment

• Re: Stop the female genital mutilation(also called as ''female circumcision'') inshaa

alhamdulilah that you have entered islam

i think hamza implies you are a brother, you are a new muslim, focus on learning your islam, you dont have to worry about female circumcision, so focus on learning your islam

you say that you dont even know the basics of islam, islam is not limited to just the quran, so learn your basics, learn what is and what is not islam, before you go campaigning on something you have no idea about
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

• Re: Stop the female genital mutilation(also called as ''female circumcision'') inshaa

1) Female genital mutilation (FGM) as widely practiced in Africa and done by some Muslims IS not Islamic and is just a stupid cultural practice.

2) What has been documented in the Sunnah and Hadeeths as female circumcision(FC) is not FGM and not considered FGM by the World Health Organization either. It's a relatively minor procedure and is not too dissimilar in that aspect to male circumcision.

3) The major problem lies in the fact that many of the advocates of FC know very little of what exactly the Sunnah version entails and more or less rely on whomever they hire to do the job as and how they see fit, many of which have a cultural definition of FC...which happens to be FGM.

4) Not only are these people rarely medical professionals, but it's also not done in the correct sterile environment. No aftercare, no explanation whatsoever to the child that it's done on, and no precautions are taken to ensure it is Sunnah and not just FGM.
        "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Nice post, Mashallah
          Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

Originally posted by Ruhiyyah View Post
            as salaamu alaikum wa rahmatu Allaahi wa barakatuh
            Female circumcision in Islaam is halal however not fard. Our Prophet said this to a woman in Medina who preformed circumcision on females: Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 5251: Narrated Umm Atiyyah al-Ansariyyah: A woman used to perform circumcision in Medina. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said to her: Do not cut severely as that is better for a woman and more desirable for a husband.
            First what has to be understood is what is meant by female circumcision in Islaam. It is not the removal of the ****oris that Islaam calls for rather the removal of the foreskin that covers the ****oris just as in male circumcision with the removal of foreskin. As the Prophet said "Do not cut severely as that is better for a woman and more desirable for a husband." the Prophet is telling the women to leave that which is desirable for both the woman and her husband.
            Secondly, we must not confuse mutilation with Islaamic female circumcision. There are some individuals who mutilate womens private parts in the name of Islaam however this does not make it Islaamic. As shown above, Islaam does not call for the removal a womens sexual desire, what was practiced in the time of the Prophet was for from mutilation.
            May Allaah forgive me for any mistakes I have made here, they are purely from myself and all that is good is purely form Allaah the Most High.
            as salaamu alaikum wa rahamtu Allaahi wa barakatuh
            Ruhiyyah
            http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...n-quot&p=71432
            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

female circumcision is different than FGM.
              Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
              فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

As-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu! I am muslim since the year 2008 alhamdulilah. I didn`t say that i don`t know the basics of islam,please read carefully what i said brother, jazak Allahu khairan. What i meant to say is that i don`t understand why mutilating women is kept on ''silent mode''. Really i know that is the purpose of the created organs by Allah, including the female parts, so i don`t get it why someone must remove them, i think it`s haram and barbaric.
                Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                alhamdulilah that you have entered islam

i think hamza implies you are a brother, you are a new muslim, focus on learning your islam, you dont have to worry about female circumcision, so focus on learning your islam

you say that you dont even know the basics of islam, islam is not limited to just the quran, so learn your basics, learn what is and what is not islam, before you go campaigning on something you have no idea about

Comment

Originally posted by inprogress View Post
                  Nice post, Mashallah
                  As-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu! Jazak Allahu khairan

Comment

you think? it is either haram or it is not? you put both in the same category, in spite of hadiths from the messenger of Allah
                    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
                      female circumcision is different than FGM.
                      As-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu! Brother really i don`t get it why we must mutilate women and try to disguise it as ''female circumcision''.
                      I don`t think muslim women are female cattle good only for breeding and this to be their only purpose as women in life.
                      I do think the woman is intitled to feel sexually satisfied aswell(in the marriage, in the halal way of course).
                      Maybe i see these things because i don`t have a ''cultural baggage''. Alhamdulilah my culture is islam.

Anyways,i did my serious homework on the issue of female genital mutilation and i was horrified.
                      I heard about it before, about FGM,but i didn`t look into it seriously.
                      Recently i met a sister from Somalia,which i intend to marry inshaAllah.
                      She is a good muslima,alhamdulilah anyways at some point in our relation, she told me she had gone through this procedure(when she was a small girl),then i did my homework on the issue.

I feel angry,because i don`t understand why we must destroy women`s lives. I read many studies on the topic of FGM and women who have experienced FGM may never feel truly as a woman, meaning they will not feel the pleasure of intercourse(in the halal way in marriage),they will have problems when giving birth, they will have higher risk of infections in the genital area.

To me,this is unacceptable, and we really must NOT try to motivate it in anyway. NO ONE IS ABOVE ALLAH! Only Allah created and can destroy. We don`t have the right to alter the creation of Allah. It is haram.

Allah guide our ummah. Allah make us follow islam and not culture before islam. ameen

Comment

so you just choose to ignore the hadith
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by mizfissy815 View Post
                          1) Female genital mutilation (FGM) as widely practiced in Africa and done by some Muslims IS not Islamic and is just a stupid cultural practice.

2) What has been documented in the Sunnah and Hadeeths as female circumcision(FC) is not FGM and not considered FGM by the World Health Organization either. It's a relatively minor procedure and is not too dissimilar in that aspect to male circumcision.

3) The major problem lies in the fact that many of the advocates of FC know very little of what exactly the Sunnah version entails and more or less rely on whomever they hire to do the job as and how they see fit, many of which have a cultural definition of FC...which happens to be FGM.

4) Not only are these people rarely medical professionals, but it's also not done in the correct sterile environment. No aftercare, no explanation whatsoever to the child that it's done on, and no precautions are taken to ensure it is Sunnah and not just FGM.

As-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu! Jazak Allahu Khairan dear brother/sister!

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                            so you just choose to ignore the hadith
                            As-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu brother Abu Mubarak! A nice islamic way would have been of you to start with the islamic salute. I felt the need to remind you, as we know the hadith when you see something wrong it is good to correct it(no kind of offence intended). Barak Allah feek.

I do not ignore the hadith, what is mentioned in the hadith is not practiced in the FGM. What is in the hadith is not FGM. Many will perform it like that(the FGM), by force, they will literally cut off all the external parts of a female genitalia. My brother that is from Sheytan, no sane human in his mind can perform such ritualistic sadistic stuff and try to shove it down my throat as being ''islamic'' and ''sunnah''. I can`t ''swallow'' that not eaven with 1 bucket of water, it just can`t go down my throat.

Anyways the woman has the right to decide if she wants to have the female circumcision which is sunnah and halal. It can`t be forced on her, it`s haram.
                            So she should be let to decide on her own once she grows up. She souldn`t be held down on the ground by 5 women or more and cut with knives and razors and feel pain as being questioned and tortured by KGB. That is not islam, it doesn`t belong in islam, it has no place in islam.

Comment

Originally posted by hamzaXXXL View Post
                              As-salam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu!

Dear brothers and sisters,i am a convert to islam alhamdulilah. Anyways no one told me about this horrible practice called ''female circumcision''.
                              I don`t understand why we must destroy women`s lives? I don`t understand many things about our ummah. Many act like they don`t know not eaven the basic rules of islam. I would like to see a more strong campaign against this practice.

Anyways it doesn`t say anywhere in Quran and Sunnah to cut off the external parts of a women vagina, brothers and sisters wake up, you don`t have to mutilate your little girls,your parents maybe mutilated some of you, you don`t need to keep it alive inshaAllah.

I hope my intentions will be understood correctly inshaAllah.

Allah guide our ummah ameen.
                              so in your rant, why dont you make that distinction clear? because it seems you are rallying against a sunnah
                              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Walaykum salam wr wb,

Pay attention to what Misfizzy wrote cos' that's the correct opinion on the issue.
                                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
                                X