X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: female circumcision

Originally posted by Hitchens View Post
    I'm aware.

No you didn't, you listed a few things which made no sense. Nails and hair grow back, therefore you are cutting them... not removing them completely. Does foreskin grow? Does the clitoral hood grow? Do you now see the flaw in your argument?
    No you missed the point mate. *sigh*.

Why would people do circumcision or cut their hair or cut their nails or remove their tonsils? Because there are BENEFITS TO IT. The people even linked you websites talking about the benefits. So what else is left? You don't like circumcision then don't do it. Saying it is horrible is your opinion. Maybe you should read up on the scientific benefits of these procedures then you'll understand more why people opt to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
      So, why's there a problem if the same thing is done to women?
      Why are you assuming I think male circumcision is okay?

Comment

Why are you assuming I think male circumcision is okay?
        It's a common practice throughout the world.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
          No you missed the point mate. *sigh*.

Why would people do circumcision or cut their hair or cut their nails or remove their tonsils? Because there are BENEFITS TO IT. The people even linked you websites talking about the benefits. So what else is left? You don't like circumcision then don't do it. Saying it is horrible is your opinion. Maybe you should read up on the scientific benefits of these procedures then you'll understand more why people opt to do it.
          Hair and nails grow back. Foreskin and clitoral hoods don't. My question - yet to be answered - is why did God create us with foreskin and clitoral hoods only for us to remove them for health benefits? Wouldn't have it been better and less painful to create us without these things? Again, nails and hair grow back. You don't remove your nails by pulling them out, do you?

Comment

It's a common practice throughout the world.
            Should that mean I'm okay with it, because the majority of the world does it?

Comment

Hair and nails grow back. Foreskin and clitoral hoods don't. My question - yet to be answered - is why did God create us with foreskin and clitoral hoods only for us to remove them for health benefits? Wouldn't have it been better and less painful to create us without these things? Again, nails and hair grow back. You don't remove your nails by pulling them out, do you?
              Read:
              http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/7073
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Should that mean I'm okay with it, because the majority of the world does it?
                There are benefits, that's why we do it, man.

Comment

This is like asking why didn't God just put us in Heaven to begin with and we'll be all happy. Why don't we all have photographic memory? Why am I male rather than female? Why the 2 genders? Why can't I fly? Why do my nails grow back? It's annoying cutting em every week. Why do we get hungry? or die?

It's part of God's design. I would say it is a test for the believers to obey their Lord in the commandments outlined.

He cannot be questioned as to what He does, while they will be questioned. Al Qur'an 21:23

Comment

This article is quoting studies which have been criticised. The link still doesn't answer my questions:

Why did God create us with foreskin and clitoral hoods only for us to remove them for health benefits? Wouldn't have it been better and less painful to create us without these things?

God is responsible for every little thing we go through, which makes circumcision to protect against infections a little contradictory, no?

Comment

This is like asking why didn't God just put us in Heaven to begin with and we'll be all happy. Why don't we all have photographic memory? Why am I male rather than female? Why the 2 genders? Why can't I fly? Why do my nails grow back? It's annoying cutting em every week. Why do we get hungry? or die?

It's part of God's design. I would say it is a test for the believers to obey their Lord in the commandments outlined.

He cannot be questioned as to what He does, while they will be questioned. Al Qur'an 21:23
                      Your first question is actually quite valid and good. If God is all-knowing, free will doesn't exist and life becomes meaningless. No?

Comment

This article is quoting studies which have been criticised. The link still doesn't answer my questions:

Why did God create us with foreskin and clitoral hoods only for us to remove them for health benefits? Wouldn't have it been better and less painful to create us without these things?

God is responsible for every little thing we go through, which makes circumcision to protect against infections a little contradictory, no?
                        Did you read the whole thing?

The first part? "Shariah benefits"?

Comment

I don't know the answer to the specific questions raised by Hitchens. Muslims who are knowledgable in science and these stuff can answer, :insha: [God willing].

But let me clarify some things, some stuff we leave it to Allaah because He has not revealed to us and we say "Allah knows best. There is some Hikmah [wisdom] in it."
                          And science doesn't have an answer for everything.

Comment

Your first question is actually quite valid and good. If God is all-knowing, free will doesn't exist and life becomes meaningless. No?
                            Good question.

Freedom of choice does exist and there is still meaning to life.

God knowing in advance the sequence of decisions I will make is not the same as God causing me to make those decisions. The first part shows God as an All-Knowing spectator. The second part takes away my freedom of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
                              So when did Allah give you permission or tell you that you are qualified to interpret the Qur'aan?
                              Who gave you the permission to tell me that i am not qualified to interpret the Quran. Do you know me?? No you know absolutley nothing about me.

Every muslim has the permission to read the Quran and undertand it for themselves. its every muslims responsibility to do this.The Quran is the for the whole of humanity not just for a few selected people. Your attitude is bad. No human owns the Quran. Allah subhana wa tala sent this book for every human being. For every human being who is able to read it and give thought.

Comment

Based on your exegesis we should not cut our nails, shave our heads (goodluck with hajj) or remove pubic and armpit hair.

The rulings for these all exist in the sunnah and it is hygienic. So is circumcision and it is fard on males.
                                Good luck with Hajj?? whats with the sarcasm. These Islamic forums are meant to be a place for the muslim community (Ummah) around the world to come together and learn from each other and expand our knowledge of Islam. But its a shame that some only reflect negativity to their fellow muslims brothers and sisters.

Comment

Working...
                                X