Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: female circumcision

Originally posted by kynn-malik View Post
    If circumcising was a requirement then why is it not mentioned in the Quran? Allah Subhana wa tala states in the Quran:

95:4 "We have indeed created man in the best of moulds."
    32:7 "The One Who has 'perfected everything' He has created and began the creation of human beings from clay".
    40:64 "Allah is the One who made the Earth a habitat for you, and the sky as a structure, and He designed you, and has perfected your design".
    67:3 "He Who created the seven heavens one above another; no want of proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of (Allah) Most Gracious. so turn thy vision again: Seest thou any flaw?"

Doesnt this mean that we are made perfect by our Creator and nothing can be altered about our bodies or about anything that Allah Subhana wa tala has created and He states there are no flaws in His creation.
    Based on your exegesis we should not cut our nails, shave our heads (goodluck with hajj) or remove pubic and armpit hair.

The rulings for these all exist in the sunnah and it is hygienic. So is circumcision and it is fard on males.

Comment

I think it sad that an act that is a Sunnah of the Prophet :saw:, according to authentic hadith, should be so frequently misunderstood and confused with FGM, which is very different and nothing to do with Islam. The sunnah circumcision is a very minor medical procedure that has well-established benefits to health and well-being and is widely viewed as mustahabb.
      Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

I don't accept Female circumcision and would never impose it on my children. It's not right.

Comment

It's horrible and shouldn't be done, for cultural or religious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchens View Post
            It's horrible and shouldn't be done, for cultural or religious reasons.
            do you know what it actually is ? we are not talking about female genital mutilation here, its a simple operation called a hoodectomy and not all women need it, and many non muslim woman in the west have it done and not for cultural or relgious reasons.
            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
              do you know what it actually is ? we are not talking about female genital mutilation here, its a simple operation called a hoodectomy and not all women need it, and many non muslim woman in the west have it done and not for cultural or relgious reasons.
              Non-muslim women in the west doing it isn't going to change my opinion, why was that even mentioned? Why would God create us with a part of our body that needs to be removed?

Comment

Yes it became very fashionable here
                My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
                Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Non-muslim women in the west doing it isn't going to change my opinion, why was that even mentioned? Why would God create us with a part of our body that needs to be removed?
                  here have a read.
                  "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Ever cut your nails? cut your hair? Got your tonsils removed?

Comment

here have a read.
                      That doesn't answer my question.

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
                      Ever cut your nails? cut your hair? Got your tonsils removed?
                      Yes, because cutting my nails and hair is obviously comparable to cutting a piece of skin off my genitalia. Are you serious?

Comment

Yes, because cutting my nails and hair is obviously comparable to cutting a piece of skin off my genitalia. Are you serious?
                        Men's circumcision is cutting a piece of skin, too.
                        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

That doesn't answer my question.

The principle is the same. You asked why would God create us with a part of our body that needs to be removed. I listed a few things which also need to be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                            Men's circumcision is cutting a piece of skin, too.
                            I'm aware.

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
                            The principle is the same. You asked why would God create us with a part of our body that needs to be removed. I listed a few things which also need to be removed.
                            No you didn't, you listed a few things which made no sense. Nails and hair grow back, therefore you are cutting them... not removing them completely. Does foreskin grow? Does the clitoral hood grow? Do you now see the flaw in your argument?

Comment

Sheesh it's becoming like the comprative religion section, you explain things clearly and yet tik tok you're actually talking to a stone wall. Ouch
                              My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
                              Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

I'm aware.
                                So, why's there a problem if the same thing is done to women?
                                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
                                X