Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: female circumcision

Am circumsized..my babies...will be circumsized too xD
    My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

Comment

If circumcising was a requirement then why is it not mentioned in the Quran? Allah Subhana wa tala states in the Quran:

95:4 "We have indeed created man in the best of moulds."
      32:7 "The One Who has 'perfected everything' He has created and began the creation of human beings from clay".
      40:64 "Allah is the One who made the Earth a habitat for you, and the sky as a structure, and He designed you, and has perfected your design".
      67:3 "He Who created the seven heavens one above another; no want of proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of (Allah) Most Gracious. so turn thy vision again: Seest thou any flaw?"

Doesnt this mean that we are made perfect by our Creator and nothing can be altered about our bodies or about anything that Allah Subhana wa tala has created and He states there are no flaws in His creation.

Comment

Interesting thread! This is normal among somalis. But i dont think its normal among pakistanis , arabs etc .Correct me if im wrong. If its sunnah then why not?
        The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).

Comment

Am a malay ;) my mummy said if girls circumsize they are less stubborn LoL :)
          My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

Comment

I see nothing to lol at in this thread. Is there no one other than myself who thinks female circumcism is just plan wrong?

Comment

no because female circumcision is not FGM. atleast in our deen.

Comment

Just read about this yesterday.
                It's Mustahabb.
                "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridget View Post
                  I see nothing to lol at in this thread. Is there no one other than myself who thinks female circumcism is just plan wrong?
                  Circumcision in Islam for women is just removing a piece of the clitoris hood. Not removing the the clitoris sewing it up like they do in some backwards cultures.

Removing the hood doesn't affect the the function of the clitoris and in many cases it can actually heighten sexual pleasure.

But sunnah(not genital mutilation) female circumcision is not common nowadays. Most muslims do not get their daughters circumcised anymore and most Muslim countries have banned it.
                  Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
                  (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Originally posted by mememe701 View Post
                    Is an islamic one but many cultures perform it wrong. Most of them do the vile act of female genital mutilation which is strictly forbidden. Those vile monsters cut off the actual clitoris which is equivalent of chopping off the head of a penis (probably more painful as it has ten times the nerve endings).

The only part which can be trimmed is the hood of the clitoris - but some women have tiny hoods which just about cover the clitoris so its not safe or feasible to do so (hence the recommended but not compulsory).
                    Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
                    no because female circumcision is not FGM. atleast in our deen.
                    yup ^ many ppl mistake female genital mutilation, for female circumcision. its not the same thing at all, nor is it even remotely similar.
                    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

is not fard, so i personally wouldnt advise anyone to do it to their daughters.
                      “This day I have perfected your religion for you,completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [5:3]"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me."[51:56]"a woman's heart should be lost in God, that a man needs to see him in order to find her"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bint-Al-Islam View Post
                        is not fard, so i personally wouldnt advise anyone to do it to their daughters.
                        I agree because you cannot walked into a hospital and find a doctor who will do it. And doctors who will do it work in back alley clinics who are not properly trained and who could wind up doing major harm to someone's daughter.
                        Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
                        (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

there are many good private gynocolgical clinics that carry out this procedure which is called a hoodectomy, many non muslims have this done, its not something only known to muslims.
                          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by kynn-malik View Post
                            If circumcising was a requirement then why is it not mentioned in the Quran? Allah Subhana wa tala states in the Quran:

32:7 "The One Who has 'perfected everything' He has created and began the creation of human beings from clay".
                            40:64 "Allah is the One who made the Earth a habitat for you, and the sky as a structure, and He designed you, and has perfected your design".
                            67:3 "He Who created the seven heavens one above another; no want of proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of (Allah) Most Gracious. so turn thy vision again: Seest thou any flaw?"

Doesnt this mean that we are made perfect by our Creator and nothing can be altered about our bodies or about anything that Allah Subhana wa tala has created and He states there are no flaws in His creation.
                            It's in the hadiths of Rasulallah :saw:

Cicumcision doesn't negate the fact that we're created in best of proportion, otherwise Nabi :saw: wouldn't have allowed it.
                            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by kynn-malik View Post

So when did Allah give you permission or tell you that you are qualified to interpret the Qur'aan?

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
                                So when did Allah give you permission or tell you that you are qualified to interpret the Qur'aan?
                                Bit harsh. He was just asking a question bro...

Comment

Working...
                                X