Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the drowned/ strangled dont go to jannah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the drowned/ strangled dont go to jannah?

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
    does losing hope and trust in Allah still make u a muslim ?
    I have no definite answer to that, but I did read somewhere re. the practice of black magic; that takes you out of the fold of Islam.

isnt there a narration that the one who commits suicide cant have a muslim burial ..
    I don't know, Sister.
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

I have a cousin (the daughter of my maternal aunt) who died, and it seems most likely that she committed suicide. What is the ruling on one who commits suicide? What is his position before his Lord? What can her parents do to reduce her punishment?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Suicide is a major sin. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stated that the one who commits suicide will be punished with something like that with which he killed himself.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever throws himself down from a mountain and kills himself will be in the Fire of Hell, throwing himself down therein for ever and ever. Whoever takes poison and kills himself, his poison will be in his hand and he will be sipping it in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever. Whoever kills himself with a piece of iron, that piece of iron will be in his hand and he will be stabbing himself in the stomach with it in the Fire of Hell, for ever and ever.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5442; Muslim, 109.

It was narrated from Thaabit ibn al-Dahhaak (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever kills himself with something in this world will be punished with it on the Day of Resurrection.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5700; Muslim, 110.

It was narrated that Jundub ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Among those who came before you there was a man who was wounded and he panicked, so he took a knife and cut his hand with it, and the blood did not stop flowing until he died. Allaah said: ‘My slave hastened to bring about his demise; I have forbidden Paradise to him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3276; Muslim, 113.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) refrained from offering the funeral prayer for one who had committed suicide, as a punishment to him and so as to deter others from doing what he had done. But he gave the people permission to offer the funeral prayer for him, so it is Sunnah for the people of knowledge and virtue not to offer the funeral prayer for one who has committed suicide, following the example of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

It was narrated that Jaabir ibn Samurah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: A man who had killed himself with a broad arrow-head was brought to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he did not offer the funeral prayer for him. Narrated by Muslim, 978.

This hadeeth is evidence for those who say that the funeral prayer should not be offered for one who killed himself because of his sin. This is the view of ‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez and al-Awzaa’i. But al-Hasan, al-Nakha’i, Qataadah, Maalik, Abu Haneefah, al-Shaafa’i and the majority of scholars said that the funeral prayer should be offered for him. They responded to this hadeeth by pointing out that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not offer the funeral prayer for him himself so as to deter the people from doing something similar, but the Sahaabah offered the funeral prayer for him. End quote.

Sharh Muslim, 7/47

This does not mean – if it is proven that your cousin did commit suicide – that you should not pray for mercy and forgiveness for her, rather you must do that because she needs that. Suicide is not kufr that puts a person beyond the pale of Islam as some people think, rather it is a major sin that is subject to the will of Allaah on the Day of Resurrection: if He wills, He will forgive it, and if He wills He will punish for it. So do not neglect to make du’aa’ for her and be sincere in doing so; perhaps that may be the means of Allaah forgiving her.

And Allaah knows best.
      Islam Q&A
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

no she was one of them islamic feminists, she wore hijab, i dont know anything else about her beliefs apart from she wore hijab, so i gave her the benefit of the doubt and even if she was misguided murdering a women through strangling/drowning (apparantly word is same in turkish so cant tell which) is not from shariah?
        Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
        rather pertinent points you omitted

so basically, someone killed this woman, thru drowning/strangulation and other people say she wont go to jannah because the manner in which she was killed prohibits her from jannah?

so if the kuffar want to really tick off the muslims, dont cover their bullets with pork, just drown/strangle them?

nope

the method of death for the believer is immaterial, i have even read that no matter how the believer dies, the pain he feels is no more than the prick of a needle (or was that a mujahid?)

now, what is interesting is that this woman was a feminist, (i presume, womens rights, no hijab, etc) if that was the case, her method of death is not her major concern at this point

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

doesnt matter who it is, muslim or not, muslims cant just go round murdering people. surely you know that naila, im just surprised your even asking.
          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
            ok sis, explain......please
            .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
            نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

ok sis, explain......please
              lool okayyyyy, theyre looking at him like, who does he think he is ( very ummah forum n`est pas? ) hes very comfortable with who he is, he doesnt care what they all have to say/ think about him, because doesnt matter what you do to try make people like you, haters are gonna hate.

as long as ur doing right by Allah ta ala, who cares what anyone else says/thinks, be yourself

( i have a lot of haters on here, but alhamdulillah ala kulli hal, cant please all the people all the time )
              Last edited by *asiya*; 15-10-11, 03:24 PM.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

rather pertinent points you omitted

so basically, someone killed this woman, thru drowning/strangulation and other people say she wont go to jannah because the manner in which she was killed prohibits her from jannah?

so if the kuffar want to really tick off the muslims, dont cover their bullets with pork, just drown/strangle them?

nope

the method of death for the believer is immaterial, i have even read that no matter how the believer dies, the pain he feels is no more than the prick of a needle (or was that a mujahid?)

now, what is interesting is that this woman was a feminist, (i presume, womens rights, no hijab, etc) if that was the case, her method of death is not her major concern at this point

It actually is just for the mujahid, everyone else feels the full pain
                Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

so the suicidal muslim will leave hell after a certain period?
                  Not according to the Hadith,

Suicides are committed by those who Lost Imaan, in ABsolute Despair, they believe it to be a way out of their Total Despair,

They will be Killing themselves for Eternity.

:jkk:
                  http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Sis Asiya, it was a rhetorical question!! lol in reply to abu mubarak who said coz she was a feminist her matter of death is not important. (as in that was the least of her worries, not in murder all feminists)

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                      Sis Asiya, it was a rhetorical question!! lol in reply to abu mubarak who said coz she was a feminist her matter of death is not important. (as in that was the least of her worries, not in murder all feminists)
                      not everyone labelled a feminist is such.

for example, a sister campaigns against forced marriages, sets up a shelter so sisters have an option to ask for their rights rather than face the choice of going through with a forced marriage or the street, if the western press hears of this she is a feminist in their eyes as she is campaigning for women, even though to us she is nothing of the kind, only calling for correct islamic rights and campaigning for this.

Comment

lol ah ok, i was thinking huh ? :s

im pretty sure thats not what he was saying at all though, he was saying that what state a person dies in ie: iman or kufr, not how they die, that will be the main issue when they face the questioning of the angels of death.

( Insha Allah our brother can correct that if im mistaken )

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

and where did you get that i said that from?

my point being if she was a feminist, ie, one of those hardcore, crusading types, then if she is dead now, the manner in which she died is not important, she is now answering for her sins

that was it

if she was just trying to get muslim women the rights that Allah affords them, then by all means, she died in a proper manner
                          no sin in struggling for justice, as long as its justice as defined by Allah, and not some secular nonsense
                          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Working...
                          X