why do we follow hadith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do we follow hadith?

Some people say the quran is a clear book and doubt the validity of hadith, and neccessity of them, so please can you direct me to the verses that command us to follow hadith/ sahabah etc

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Re: why do we follow hadith?

Maybe on this ayah we must ponder upon.

No, by your Lord, they are not believers until they make you their judge in the disputes that break out between them and then do not resist what you decide and submit themselves [to you] completely. (Surat an-Nisa': 65)

As this verse makes crystal clear, the Prophet's (saas) Sunnah is an absolute and immaculate source of commands, because it is the way of "interpreting, explaining, and applying the Qur'an." Therefore, no believer has the right to make interpretations (ta'wil) or be disobedient with regard to the Sunnah, the application of the Qur'an.

Most people say that why hadith?
    Qur'an is the ultimate message of Allah.

Lets read what Qur'an says.

Nor does he speak from whim. It is nothing but Revelation revealed. (Surat al-Najm: 3-4)

Therefore, this makes clear that ahadith are a part of the revelations.Indeed, Qur'an is also a revelation.But ahadith are also said by syeddina rasulullah salellahualaihiwasalam.So if you say that it is wrong, then you go against the above ayah.

You should accept whatever the Messenger gives you and abandon whatever he tells you to abandon. Have taqwa of Allah... (Surat al-Hashr: 7)

Now tell me, if you ignore ahadith.Then how will you know what syeddina rasulullah salellahualaihiwasalam has asked you to abandon and then accept as well?
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
      Some people say the quran is a clear book and doubt the validity of hadith, and neccessity of them, so please can you direct me to the verses that command us to follow hadith/ sahabah etc
      You read through whoever answers, and if there are any gaps inshAllah I can help you fill them =). What I will tell you is that the science of hadith is VERY VERY clear and very strongly built. Most people just don't have knowledge that's all =).
      If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
      There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

salaam alaykum

just to be clear, i am not contemplating being a hadith rejector, but amhaving a debate with a non muslim, and needed some daleel to back me up, basically they are saying sunnah is not part of islam, and the Quran tells us it is easy and clear to understand etc

Comment

The Qur'an tells you to pray and give zakat 'أقم الصلاة، وآت الزكاة'

Where does it tell you the meaning of 'الصلاة' or 'الزكاة'?

It tells you to 'wash your face' - does it give the definition of what the face is?

Even to establish the basic tenant of praying we must go to the Sunnah.

As the Prophet (saw) is not around, his Sunnah is preserved by Hadith.

Revelation is of 2 types.
          The books and what is from the Prophets (as).

Imam Bukhari starts his book with how the divine revelation started to be revealed to Allah’s Messenger. This does not seem to be related to the first hadith in the chapter.

Some people think that the first chapter is actually an introduction, that he is showing that what is in this book is something that can only be known through revelation; it cannot be deduced through natural sciences. It’s about connecting things in this life with what happens afterwards.

He starts with the Quranic verse:
          ( إِنَّا أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ كَمَا أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَى نُوحٍ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِ )
          We sent to you this revelation as we sent to those before you.
          The Messengers mentioned in the ayat after this are Ibrahim (as), Musa (as), Isa (as)…

Those Prophets were given two types of revelations – the book and that which is not the book. Sahih Bukhari is the revelation that is not in the book.
          Hadith, Fiqh and Tafsir Scholarship
          http://www.al-salam.co.uk/[B][COLOR="#006400"]

Comment

naila have you not see many of the hadith rejector threads here?

we have many of them
            .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
            نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...eeth-Rejectors
              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

:jkk: akhi, i guess i stayed clear of the hadith rejector threads as i didnt see the khayr in them, but now i understand the khayr is to gain ilm to beable to defend yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                  :jkk: akhi, i guess i stayed clear of the hadith rejector threads as i didnt see the khayr in them, but now i understand the khayr is to gain ilm to beable to defend yourself.
                  knowledge is a tool and a weapon

and it can help you or hurt you
                  دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Working...
                  X