• Show
Clear All

• Gulf Expertise in Spain.

http://drabutamim.blogspot.com/2011/10/gulf-expertise-in-spain.html

WS.
    www.drabutamim.blogspot.com
    www.shiningblades.blogspot.com

Re: Gulf Expertise in Spain.

Education has been a top priority for the UAE. The educational budget has increased 23 percent. As a result, there are more than 600,000 students in more than 1,240 government and private primary schools.

The Ministry of Education's official statistics report that the number of students who enrolled in schools increased from the year 2009/2010 to 648,000 students in 1,259 government and private schools.

Within the high school education, there are a lot of public and private universities in the UAE has about 46, 519 students. There are more than 44 colleges and institutes with about 100,000 students.

Comment

Re: Gulf Expertise in Spain.

Dubai itself was most fascinating to me. You couldn't help but be stunned by the level of technological advancement going on in this, one of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates, or UAE. After all, this is the place where a floating resort, and even a flying one, are supposedly in the works. The event I attended was held at Le Meridien, which boasts long white beaches, huge pools, and decent food. The people and staff were very friendly and most seem to have come from other countries for the work.
      Something else really struck me as I watched the traffic, smog and trash blowing across the desert. Much like Beijing, the incredible rate of growth is resulting in increasing levels of pollution that, like it is in the West, will increasingly become a regional problem. I also wonder if Dubai is on the right track; currently it is a trading center and in the energy business. It appears to be trying to become a resort center as well and is making good progress on that strategy.

This is much like a company that knows, as Sun should have, that it will lose at some point a large part of its existing revenue source -- in this case oil. So, it will need to have another major source of income at that time. Dubai is not a company, however, so there are two important things it needs to consider. The first is, if it doesn't keep the level of pollution under control its ability to market itself as a resort country will become increasingly difficult. The second is, changing industries should be avoided if possible. If Dubai is in the energy business now, why not remain in that business and focus on being a provider of what comes in the energy biz after oil? This could be ethanol, solar or wind power technology, or geothermal technology.

By being a leader in the next generation of technology, and using whatever that is itself, Dubai could maximize its exports while it has oil and, once the oil runs out, would be uniquely positioned to supply the next big wave of energy purchasers. Were Dubai to lease rather than sell the related technology it could develop an annuity income that could exceed at some future point what it now earns from oil.

Online trading in goods and services is also in line with what Dubai is already good at. Increasingly the markets will become electronic and if this region wants to maintain its critical position in local trade it will need to be there when the market moves. However, given how technology-savvy the region is, I have a hard time believing this isn't going on behind the scenes. It's more likely that the market is not yet ready to move and that's what is keeping me from seeing it.

In the end, the fact that Dubai is investing in its future, regardless of the path, is what many Western countries, particularly the U.S., should take to heart.
      http://www.technewsworld.com/story/50611.html

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X