Tanning salons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanning salons

I know next to nothing about the sun, tanning, sun protection etc so forgive me if this doesn't make any sense.

I know that the sun is good for your skin and bones. When I was in Pakistan I was told to go out for walks under the sun, it will strengthen bones and body, good for the skin. Anyway, I was wondering if you could use tanning beds? does that have any health benefits or is it just cosmetic?

I know its a dumb thing to ask, but what the hell. We won't feel the sun in the UK for months now.

Re: Tanning salons

No its just for a tanned look. Real sun gives you vitamin D.

Comment

Be smart leave the uk if you want more sun, the depressing weather won't ever help you in your daily affairs.
      Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
        No its just for a tanned look. Real sun gives you vitamin D.
        Oh I see.

Are they hot? those tanning beds?

Comment

Originally posted by $HugoBoss$ View Post
          Be smart leave the uk if you want more sun, the depressing weather won't ever help you in your daily affairs.
          The sun does make a massive difference to your quality of life I think.

When I am ill, I can just sit in the sun, and I just feel better, very hard to explain. Its like the suns rays can heal you.

Comment

Originally posted by AX1300 View Post
            Oh I see.

Are they hot? those tanning beds?
            No not hot ,warm they feel comfortable. Just dont fall asleep in one lol

Comment

Arent those tanning beds bad for your skin?
              check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
                yes they are - opposite of health benefits!!! it ages your skin & also has cancer risk
                <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Tanning beds are BAD, do not use them- they cause skin cancer. Often the tanning salon will claim they use "safe" beds, but no such thing exists. The majority of the beds have UVA which is a known carcinogenic. It is NOT a safe alternative.

Even when you go out in the sun, you should protect yourself with sunscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
                    Oh yeh very bad,better to use spray tan. I use tanning lotion :up:

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                      yes they are - opposite of health benefits!!! it ages your skin & also has cancer risk
                      thought so! i remember watching some programme about it.

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                      Oh yeh very bad,better to use spray tan. I use tanning lotion :up:
                      lol
                      check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Ultraviolet rays is the cause of skin cancer so yes it's unhealthy. Also it makes your skin feel thick.
                        Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Okay ppl, thanks for the replies. :D

Comment

Why do you need to tan? You should be happy with what colour you are.. UNless you want to come and join the 'asians'

Comment

Originally posted by Kashmir_85 View Post
                              Why do you need to tan? You should be happy with what colour you are.. UNless you want to come and join the 'asians'
                              I am asian btw. Regarding skin colour, it can change over the years. I used to be a rich brown colour but my tone is much lighter now. I find it very difficult in the sun, and I'm not just referring to countries in Asia, but even countries in Europe e.g. Italy in the summer, I struggle in the sun and heat. It is as though I am more suited to the cold now. I get sunburn too if I stay in the sun too long.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X