Jummah vs Education dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jummah vs Education dilemma

Ive got a huge problem, Im in college on a friday from 9am to 2-30pm. My second lesson finishes at 12.20pm and we have our lunch for 1 hour until 1:15pm. from 1:20pm to 2:30pm i have very important practical lesson which i cant affrod to miss and this is every friday. If i regularly miss this lesson to go jummah prayer i will fail the course which i have worked so hard for the last year and a half. What can i do?

Re: Jummah vs Education dilemma

Originally posted by ahmed90 View Post
    What can i do?
    I presume there is no way to reschedule the practical lesson or you would have just done that and not posted here. In some locations there are multiple masjids with different times for juma', have you looked into this?

Are there other Muslim boys in your class? Perhaps you can put something up at your university requesting to find other brothers (and sisters) who are in this position. You can hold your own juma later, after class, can't you? You don't have to have a formal khutba (as in sermon) you can just have someone read from the Quran and that's accepted as the khutba.

Inshallah brother there is a way around this difficulty.
    "Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2

Comment

Originally posted by Juvegirl View Post
      Perhaps you can put something up at your university requesting to find other brothers (and sisters) who are in this position.
      I guess i could make a request so that more people in my position can attend a session where the jummah prayer can be performed at our multi cultural prayer room in college at an acquitted time. Alhamdulilah, thank you very much, your advise has been very useful.
      Last edited by ahmed90; 07-10-11, 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling errors :(

Comment

Ive got a huge problem, Im in college on a friday from 9am to 2-30pm. My second lesson finishes at 12.20pm and we have our lunch for 1 hour until 1:15pm. from 1:20pm to 2:30pm i have very important practical lesson which i cant affrod to miss and this is every friday. If i regularly miss this lesson to go jummah prayer i will fail the course which i have worked so hard for the last year and a half. What can i do?
        Tell two muslims in advance not to pray juma, and after the practical lesson, give a khutba yourself to them (very short, make sure to do all the basic parts of the khutba) and there you go!
        If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
        There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Try and come to an arrangement with your Teacher / Muslims brothers to arrange a Jummah during your break, ultimately if all else fails, you need to keep your priority right, Your Jummah Salah is More Important than your Lesson ...

Missing 3 Jummah's in a succession has certain severe consequences, let alone missing them on a regular basis,

:jkk:
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

you do your best to rearrange, then to have other muslims join you and someone do the khutbah as already suggested, if all that is not possible you realise this course is not for you, Allaah didn't intend it to be for you, as jummah is more important and Allaah has put your duty to him above all others.

Comment

Re-schedule or re-study it later on.

But skip it for jummah salah.
              صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
              Al-Muslimeen

Comment

Originally posted by abu_fulan_fulan View Post
                you do your best to rearrange, then to have other muslims join you and someone do the khutbah as already suggested, if all that is not possible you realise this course is not for you, Allaah didn't intend it to be for you, as jummah is more important and Allaah has put your duty to him above all others.
                There is no way i can find any muslim brothers who are as dedicated as me to praying jummah at a different time...it is near enough impossible to find anyone. Also I dont....like this course im doing and i haven't liked it from the start (almost a year and a half now). But if i quit now i have wasted all that time for nothing..but i get to go mosque for jummah prayer...

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                  ultimately if all else fails, you need to keep your priority right, Your Jummah Salah is More Important than your Lesson
                  Excellent advice. Don't fall into the trap of forgetting your priorities, insha'allah.
                  Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

What time is Jum'ah prayer now in Luton? The days are getting shorter so soon enough you'll be able to pray Jum'aah during your lunch break.
                    "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X