Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd migraine within a year, how do you deal with a migraine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd migraine within a year, how do you deal with a migraine?

I was at work today, when all of sudden I couldn't see what I was writing, like letters were dissapearing, as if I had many tiny blind spots. then all of a sudden the blind spots dissapeared, and turned into floating/zigzag things. And then the headache kicked in. I'm actually dreading it cause the first time and the only time I had a migraine it was the most painfull thing i've ever experienced. Is it true that pain relief doesn't help it?

Re: 2nd migraine within a year, how do you deal with a migraine?

I've had migraines since I was like 7, and to date there are only a few things that seem to help a little bit. One is getting a massage to the head, the other is asking for the aid of Allah.

Based on what you said though, you might want to get an MRI scan done to make sure you don't have a brain tumor!
    If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
    There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Omg that happened to me at work and one of my colleagues gave me this magic potion and it worked like a dream no joke. Like i was going to pass out my boss went and bought advil for me but it didnt work. But the potion and a cup of coffee and I was up and running again.

I'll find the name of that and let u know.
      Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Ok, my Mom massages or to be precise it seems she drenches her head in oil and then steams it with a hot soaked towel. I think you should try this for a day or two. Pain killers give temporary relief. If you persue it let us know how you get on, you can use almond/olive/whatever oil good luck.
        Time beat you to it

Comment

Have you tried hijama (cupping)

Comment

The Prophet Muhammad (saw) suffered from migraines, he would lie down in a dark room which sometimes is the only solution until it goes.

He would also tie a band tightly around his head, which can help and many also recommend hijamah to relieve pain and the frequency of migraines.

Comment

I take a nap. Taking pain medication really doesn't help much when it comes to migraines :(

Comment

I never experienced what migraine is but I wish you a prompt recovery
                Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

My mum had migranes for a long time. She cut out foods she was allergic to and it helped her.

Comment

there can be certain triggers to migraines...chocolate is a popular one...stress/fatigue

the visual symptoms are a sign a migraine is coming on..so when you start to notice it..take painkillers and try and find a dark room to sit in till it passes..if they become very frequent/problematic see your GP

Comment

Originally posted by ~Malaika~ View Post
                      I take a nap. Taking pain medication really doesn't help much when it comes to migraines :(
                      How can you sleep when you have a migraine? I find it impossible to sleep even when I have a slight headache!

Comment

Usually, when I have a migraine, I take medicine (paracetamol) & just fall asleep.

I find that I usually get migraines when I think tooo much, thats when my headaches kick in. Your migraine seems quite rare though :masha:
                        check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X