Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise inshAllah

Salam aleikoum

I am currently studying a business degree at university. This year I was required to find a placement which I did alhamdulillah. However I used to wear jilbab and as I found it hard to found a job with it. I changed my way of dressing. I am now wearing abaya and hijab. No design or anything, it is only black. I am not very satsfied with my decision, and I am afraid that I have done something wrong.

What do you think?

Jazakallahou kheir

Re: Need advise inshAllah

What's wrong with wearing abaya?
    Flickr: Click here

Blog: www.ahistorystudent.wordpress.com

Comment

:wswrwb:
      It is good to know of your commitment in adhering to the Shari’ah sister.

well....as long as you are observing hijab,that is your body and face are covered,there's no problem..However,women should wear such clothing that are not attractive, and it covers and conceals her entire body, her colour, form and shape.
      If a woman wears a long loose dress that is not attractive in colour and that dress covers the form and shape of the body, then the dress will serve the purpose of the Jilbaab.

If the dress is attractive in colour or is also fitting size, then such a dress will not serve as a Jilbaab.
      Loneliness is better than bad company.
      -Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani(r.a)

Comment

I don't see whats sad about wearing an abaya, theres worser things to wear

Comment

I don't see what the difference is? Lots of ppl wer abaya I had a friend she would wear a nice blazer over top of a abaya for bigger meetings and stuff.
          Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Asalam alaykum to all even though i wear one too alhumdalillah but im not sure whats the difference between abayas and jubah? X

Comment

InshaAllah you can earn your college decree, and later move or make a hijjrah to Saudia Arabia. English is videly spoken there and you can work wearing burqa.

May Alah, azz wa jall, mak eit easy for you. Ameen

Comment

Salam sis,
                This is my first thread as I've just joined the forum Alhumdulillah ....
                In regards to your thread, Hijab for amuslum woman is both inner and outer. The outer hijab is your dresscode, which as long as your body and face are covered in looseclothing that does not attract attention, outer hijab is done. As for inner hijab, one needs to find a sense of being humble and gracious in character, mainly in holding clean intention and having a high sense of understanding truly why one is observing the hijab and it's requirements. InshAllah you are observing both inner and outer hijab, so smile & say Alhumdulillah....

Comment

Originally posted by meena92 View Post
                  Salam aleikoum

I am currently studying a business degree at university. This year I was required to find a placement which I did alhamdulillah. However I used to wear jilbab and as I found it hard to found a job with it. I changed my way of dressing. I am now wearing abaya and hijab. No design or anything, it is only black. I am not very satsfied with my decision, and I am afraid that I have done something wrong.

What do you think?

Jazakallahou kheir
                  Wa Aalaikum Assalam

What is the difference you are saying between jilbaab and abaya? Abaya is just a type of jilbaab, a jilbaab is a one piece cloth going from shoulders to feet. It is one of the conditions of hijab (the other being the khimar which people commonly mistakenly call hijab, and not dressing/moving/acting in a way to draw attention like wearing pink or dancing, etc).

The fact that you are standing firm on what Allah commanded is amazing ukhti! Why are you not satisfied? What is better for your satisfaction than earning the pleasure of Allah upon you? =)
                  If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                  There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

Kudos to you sister for even wearing the Abaya. Its not easy adhering to modest clothing all the time. I think by Jilbab she means the coat style one? But you can also get very modest abayas too so you needn't worry.

Comment

Salam aleikoum jazakAllahou kheir for all your answers my sisters. I feel better now. I meant khimar instead of jilbab. It is like a hijab that goes down the waist with abaya. Sorry for the confusion. Inshallah I am making the right decision.

Comment

Salam aleikoum jazakAllahou kheir for all your answers my sisters. I feel better now. I meant khimar instead of jilbab. It is like a hijab that goes down the waist with abaya. Sorry for the confusion. Inshallah I am making the right decision.
                        Wa aalaikum assalam

wayyakum, how you're dressing is obligatory! Never compromise on it inshAllah, because unfortunately man sisters in the west do not dress by islamic requirements =/.

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.

Comment

Yes I know it is obligatory lol. I have taken the decision to keep m khimar inshAllah Allah will assist me on this. Make dua's for me inshAllah.

Comment

Masha allah
                            In France we can not wear the hijab at school.
                            I wear the jilbeb and when i go to the school i must remove him .

Comment

Yes I know it is obligatory lol. I have taken the decision to keep m khimar inshAllah Allah will assist me on this. Make dua's for me inshAllah.
                              I will make dua of course! I think it's awesome that you're doing it, because unfortunately where I live sisters often do not wear khimar, let alone wearing a jilbaab.

Comment

Working...
                              X