Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Brothers Prefer BodyBuilding over Defensive Arts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Brothers Prefer BodyBuilding over Defensive Arts?

no i am not talking about weak brothers who want to gain some mass.
    like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.
    [Al-Hadid, 20]

Re: Why Brothers Prefer BodyBuilding over Defensive Arts?

they should go hand in hand .... the focus should be on gaining strength when doing weights , the body will automatically tune itself.

Comment

As above.. Should do both together.

However, Many just want to improve look. Only a few care about actually increasing strength and power.
      SPREAD OF EVIL
      ZIONISM
      BOLLYWOOD

Comment

I honestly find simple body building a waste.

Firstly, brothers need to know how to fight, and they need to have strength. Body building just tends to inflate your muscles, or is for aesthetics.

Secondly, bodybuilding is a single-joint exercise that is not practical. If people want healthy and capable bodies, they need to do multi-joint workouts and not simple curls.

Brothers should be strong no doubt, but they need the capability to fight, simply adding muscle mass might make into a guy who has a large sword but no ability to wield it.
        If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
        There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

stopped lifting long time ago, but I want to start really soon. i mostly lift for the looks and to gain strength.
          please do not ever rep me. jazakallah.

Comment

You don't have to bodybuild. You can do powerlifting just for strenght gains, mass is secondary. But if you combine powerlifting with activities such as boxing or mma, you can get a decent physique and have decent strength. Just look at some boxers for example, even amateur boxers, they are one of the fittest athletes around and strong too.

Comment

I actually dont know anyone who prefers that except some rare people.

Body building is a waste, it will never help you in a fight and you will have very crap cardio
              "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Because it looks very intimidating with a beard.
                And he is the son of Ithel Goch ap Cynwrig ap Iorwerth Ddu ap Cynwrig Ddewis Herod ap Cywryd!

Comment

why defensive arts?

the best defense is a good offense. they guy cant hurt you when hes our cold or nursing a broken arm.
                  And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Simply because it looks good.

Personally, I think its alright as long as you have the right balance.

I know one brother who does a lot of self-defence but I put up a good fight with him as am more built compared to him. Don't get me wrong, he is a good fighter and very quick but whenever we mess around I can end up knocking him backwards with a few blows.

Don't mean to boast or shot off but I love my muscles - Mashallah It's also about looking a bit intimidating and 'big' so no one messes with you in the first place! If you are some skinny thing but a good fighter then its not always a good thing as you could end up being a target. Compared to someone built who 'deters' trouble-makers.

Comment

^ agree - do both, really rips you up - the boxing circuits work muscles that you dont really use in the gym

and the strength you can get from gym, esp leg exercises really helps for power punches in boxing and gives you that spring

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
                        Simply because it looks good.

Personally, I think its alright as long as you have the right balance.

I know one brother who does a lot of self-defence but I put up a good fight with him as am more built compared to him. Don't get me wrong, he is a good fighter and very quick but whenever we mess around I can end up knocking him backwards with a few blows.

Don't mean to boast or shot off but I love my muscles - Mashallah It's also about looking a bit intimidating and 'big' so no one messes with you in the first place! If you are some skinny thing but a good fighter then its not always a good thing as you could end up being a target. Compared to someone built who 'deters' trouble-makers.
                        what muscles, looked like fat to me :rotfl: .....
                        Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM7L5Wm7q0

‎"If she's not on the deen, she's not fit to be your queen. If he hasn't got imaan, he's not fit to be your man."

Comment

I used to do karate but I moved house and never got back to it
                          I want to get into parkour, when I was little I used to jump off stuff heck I still do :D but I never knew some one gave it a name, sometimes my laziness gets the better of me

If a person has big muscles does it slow a person down or does it make him faster ??
                          Ummati ! Ummati ! Ummati !
                          On the Day of Judgement when all will cry ‘nafsi, nafsi’ (‘myself, myself’), only RasoulALLAH :saw: will say ‘Ummati, Ummati, Ummati’(‘My Ummah, My Ummah, My Ummah)
                          So everytime you think of going against a Sunnah, remember the RasoulALLAH :saw: intercession, (Ummati, Ummati, Ummati- My Ummah...)

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBhai_Affy View Post
                            I used to do karate but I moved house and never got back to it
                            I want to get into parkour, when I was little I used to jump off stuff heck I still do :D but I never knew some one gave it a name, sometimes my laziness gets the better of me

If a person has big muscles does it slow a person down or does it make him faster ??
                            conditioning makes one fast. muscles make one stronger, more resiliant ect ect.

the key is not just building muscles but building healthy muscle. stretches make your muscles react faster, improve circulation and make them more resilient to tears and damage in general. training your slow twitch fibers with heavy weights will make your muscles harder and training your fast twitch fibers with light weights will make you bigger (mass vs volume)

they key to this is that you keep it all balanced out. if your not training properly, mucles will slow you down. train properly, and you will be as fast as a wing chun master.
                            And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Swimming is supposed to be very good for the body,

Comment

Working...
                              X