Feeling very nervous/anxious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling very nervous/anxious

You know that feeling that you have when you are just about to go and do a very important/finals exam? I have been having that all day.

I don't have any exams or commitments, but i can literally feel and count my heart beating. I don't have any reason to be anxious and i ignored it all day, untill i wanted to go to bed now, but i'm far from relaxed and don't think i will be able to sleep.

How can you be anxious when you have no reasons to be anxious?

Re: Feeling very nervous/anxious

Its all in your mind. Being anxious will not benefit you so try distracting yourself.

Comment

:salams
      Maybe, you're just cold?
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

read Qur'an ... within it you'll find healing Insha'Allah

Comment

Do Dhikir and Durood and trust in Allah swt.

rgds

solitary
          suffer me

Comment

Originally posted by Blossom1x View Post
            Its all in your mind. Being anxious will not benefit you so try distracting yourself.
            It's not all in your mind, the feeling of anxiety is caused by too many stress hormones in your system, which is as much as physical thing as any other hormonal response, hormones make you grow, control your menstrual cycle, and they control your body's response to stress. Sometimes, especially if you've been under a lot of stress generally, stress hormones can linger in your system, making you feel anxious even when you have nothing to be anxious about. They don't always leave your system the minute the stress goes away and it's not something where you can just flick a switch in your head and make the stress hormones go away. One way to get rid of them is doing exercise, especially if it's quite aggressive like competitive sport or punching a punch bag. Stress hormones are designed for the fight or flight response, to make you run from danger or fight it, so it's not surprising that exercise helps to use up stress hormones. Exercise also replaces stress hormones with "happy" hormones like endorphines.

While exercise is good at releiving the symptoms of stress/anxiety, it's important to get to the root of the cause, i.e. what's making you feel that way, and do something about it. If it's just the case you've been under stress lately, try to find ways to reduce the stress in your life.

If you feel constantly anxiuos for no reason (as in day in day out for a long time) and you can't get rid of it with self help measures, or it's causing you problems in your life, then see a doc inshaAllah, however if it's just a one offf thing today it's nothing to worry about, just go for a run or beat up a punchbag or your sofa or something to get it out of your system, and then do something relaxing like having a bubble bath or something.
            [CENTER]
            [/CENTER]
            [CENTER]
            [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
            [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Try and get a goods night sleep. Also, avoid caffiene. If I don't sleep well for a few days and take alot of caffiene, my mind goes all over the place and feel nervous
              SPREAD OF EVIL
              ZIONISM
              BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya View Post
                It's not all in your mind, the feeling of anxiety is caused by too many stress hormones in your system, which is as much as physical thing as any other hormonal response, hormones make you grow, control your menstrual cycle, and they control your body's response to stress. Sometimes, especially if you've been under a lot of stress generally, stress hormones can linger in your system, making you feel anxious even when you have nothing to be anxious about. They don't always leave your system the minute the stress goes away and it's not something where you can just flick a switch in your head and make the stress hormones go away. One way to get rid of them is doing exercise, especially if it's quite aggressive like competitive sport or punching a punch bag. Stress hormones are designed for the fight or flight response, to make you run from danger or fight it, so it's not surprising that exercise helps to use up stress hormones. Exercise also replaces stress hormones with "happy" hormones like endorphines.

While exercise is good at releiving the symptoms of stress/anxiety, it's important to get to the root of the cause, i.e. what's making you feel that way, and do something about it. If it's just the case you've been under stress lately, try to find ways to reduce the stress in your life.

If you feel constantly anxiuos for no reason (as in day in day out for a long time) and you can't get rid of it with self help measures, or it's causing you problems in your life, then see a doc inshaAllah, however if it's just a one offf thing today it's nothing to worry about, just go for a run or beat up a punchbag or your sofa or something to get it out of your system, and then do something relaxing like having a bubble bath or something.
                yeah it will have something to do with your hormones like epinephrine and norepinephrine ... perhaps they're being over secreted for some subconscious reason?

what you say doc?

Comment

In addition to the above comments, you should definitely visit the docs as too many of these stress hormones can actually have an impact on your physical health. If you're not used to feeling like this and this is something new, there will most likely be something that has triggered this off.
                  Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                  O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                  We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
                    yeah it will have something to do with your hormones like epinephrine and norepinephrine ... perhaps they're being over secreted for some subconscious reason?

what you say doc?
                    I dunno exactly, i'm just speaking from experience of having PTSD which results in having too much of stress hormones in your system pretty much constantly. Though mashaAllah due to counselling it's a lot better these days. I still have a punch bag though :spunch:

One day of feeling anxious is not really anything to worry about, but feeling constantly or regularly anxious probably is worth chatting to the doc about
                    [CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]
                    [CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                    X