In Islam, love, as is in the western culture, is prohibited. The negative
    consequences of such love are abundantly clear. Among other evils, some are
    adultery, rape, abortion, etc.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied
    Re: What are your views on Dating?

Originally posted by ~Malaika~ View Post
    Courtship is the period in a couple's relationship which precedes their engagement and marriage, or establishment of an agreed relationship of a more enduring kind. In courtship, a couple get to know each other and decide if there will be an engagement or other such agreement. A courtship may be an informal and private matter between two people or may be a public affair, or a formal arrangement with family approval. Traditionally, in the case of a formal engagement, it has been perceived that it is the role of a male to actively "court" or "woo" a female, thus encouraging her interest in him and her receptiveness to a proposal of marriage.

- Wikipedia
    Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    sounds major haram to me
    Lol. That's the western definition.

Islamic courtship is the chaperoned meeting between the potential wife and husband.

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied

Originally posted by Islam Forever View Post
    Exactly. i dont see the point of this thread!
    ur not a muslim anyway, y is a muslim sister turning to a non-muslim who disbelieves?!!!
    i am muslim

Leave a comment:

• Islam Forever
    replied

what is happening these days is people double-up

brother and sister meet friends, they have a mahram, and they socialize

this is how the children of israel were cursed, by twisting the intentions of what Allah has forbidden simply to appease their desires

yes, if your sister and you go out, she has a mahram, and there is the third party
    but why would you encourage your sister to "date" a guy? you are not really fulfilling the purpose of being a mahram if you are leading your sister into temptation
    Exactly. i dont see the point of this thread!
    ur not a muslim anyway, y is a muslim sister turning to a non-muslim who disbelieves?!!!

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied

Originally posted by ~Malaika~ View Post
    Courtship is the period in a couple's relationship which precedes their engagement and marriage, or establishment of an agreed relationship of a more enduring kind. In courtship, a couple get to know each other and decide if there will be an engagement or other such agreement. A courtship may be an informal and private matter between two people or may be a public affair, or a formal arrangement with family approval. Traditionally, in the case of a formal engagement, it has been perceived that it is the role of a male to actively "court" or "woo" a female, thus encouraging her interest in him and her receptiveness to a proposal of marriage.

- Wikipedia
    sounds major haram to me

Leave a comment:

• ~Malaika~
    replied

what is courtship?

- Wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied

Originally posted by laa View Post
    dating is forbidden but courtship is allowed. so you have to get your intentions right.
    what is courtship?

Leave a comment:

• Hafsah1
    replied

"And come not near to unlawful sexual intercourse. Verily, it is a faahishah (a great sin) and an evil way." (Sura Al-Israa # 17 ayah # 32)

Imaam al-Qurtubi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: The ulama said that the phrase And come not near to unlawful sexual intercourse is more eloquent than merely saying Do not commit zinaa, because the meaning is, Do not even come close to zinaa. This means not doing any deed that may get close to zinaa or lead to it, such as being alone with a member of the opposite sex, touching, looking, going to evil places, speaking in a haraam manner to a woman to whom one is not related, thinking about and planning immoral acts, and so on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPg_x...el_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaseemAl.../4/gpDfM8RPuYI
    Last edited by Hafsah1; 25-09-11, 04:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied

what is happening these days is people double-up

brother and sister meet friends, they have a mahram, and they socialize

this is how the children of israel were cursed, by twisting the intentions of what Allah has forbidden simply to appease their desires

yes, if your sister and you go out, she has a mahram, and there is the third party
    but why would you encourage your sister to "date" a guy? you are not really fulfilling the purpose of being a mahram if you are leading your sister into temptation

Leave a comment:

• laa
    replied

dating is forbidden but courtship is allowed. so you have to get your intentions right.

Leave a comment:

• $HugoBoss$
    replied

Originally posted by iConfused View Post
    I know dating is seen as forbidden by many, but I just want to hear other peoples' views. Do you think dating is permissible as long as you don't have pre-marital sex? Do you think there can be a "Halal" way of dating? Discuss.
    Premarital relationships in Islam is haram for the very fact that it can lead to sex, your friend needs to come out of denial.

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Sina
    replied

I want to see what other people think and hear about their experiences. I know a friend who believes dating is Halal, as long as his girlfriend is with a Mahram (i.e. her brother) and he doesn't do pre-marital sex.
    your friend needs to get his act together and dating is not permissible in any way or fashion

Leave a comment:

• samin62
    replied

the answer is obvious

Leave a comment:

• noobz
    replied

I know dating is seen as forbidden by many, but I just want to hear other peoples' views. Do you think dating is permissible as long as you don't have pre-marital sex? Do you think there can be a "Halal" way of dating? Discuss.
    whats their to discuss? .. why do u care bout personal opinions and not the answer of the Quran and sunnah? ...

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Dating is haram.

You can meet with a potential for marriage as long as you are with your mahram.

That's it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X