What are your views on Dating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your views on Dating?

I know dating is seen as forbidden by many, but I just want to hear other peoples' views. Do you think dating is permissible as long as you don't have pre-marital sex? Do you think there can be a "Halal" way of dating? Discuss.

Re: What are your views on Dating?

No and no.

And seeing as you know that 'dating is seen as forbidden by many', the question is a little redundant in an Islamic forum, don't ya think?
    "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by mizfissy815 View Post
      No and no.

And seeing as you know that 'dating is seen as forbidden by many', the question is a little redundant in an Islamic forum, don't ya think?
      dont feed the troll!

Comment

Originally posted by mizfissy815 View Post
        No and no.

I want to see what other people think and hear about their experiences. I know a friend who believes dating is Halal, as long as his girlfriend is with a Mahram (i.e. her brother) and he doesn't do pre-marital sex.

Comment

yawn

obvious troll.

Comment

Dating is haram.

You can meet with a potential for marriage as long as you are with your mahram.

That's it.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by iConfused View Post
              I know dating is seen as forbidden by many, but I just want to hear other peoples' views. Do you think dating is permissible as long as you don't have pre-marital sex? Do you think there can be a "Halal" way of dating? Discuss.
              whats their to discuss? .. why do u care bout personal opinions and not the answer of the Quran and sunnah? ...

Comment

the answer is obvious
                "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

I want to see what other people think and hear about their experiences. I know a friend who believes dating is Halal, as long as his girlfriend is with a Mahram (i.e. her brother) and he doesn't do pre-marital sex.
                  your friend needs to get his act together and dating is not permissible in any way or fashion

Comment

Premarital relationships in Islam is haram for the very fact that it can lead to sex, your friend needs to come out of denial.
                    Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

dating is forbidden but courtship is allowed. so you have to get your intentions right.

Comment

what is happening these days is people double-up

brother and sister meet friends, they have a mahram, and they socialize

this is how the children of israel were cursed, by twisting the intentions of what Allah has forbidden simply to appease their desires

yes, if your sister and you go out, she has a mahram, and there is the third party
                        but why would you encourage your sister to "date" a guy? you are not really fulfilling the purpose of being a mahram if you are leading your sister into temptation
                        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

"And come not near to unlawful sexual intercourse. Verily, it is a faahishah (a great sin) and an evil way." (Sura Al-Israa # 17 ayah # 32)

Imaam al-Qurtubi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: The ulama said that the phrase And come not near to unlawful sexual intercourse is more eloquent than merely saying Do not commit zinaa, because the meaning is, Do not even come close to zinaa. This means not doing any deed that may get close to zinaa or lead to it, such as being alone with a member of the opposite sex, touching, looking, going to evil places, speaking in a haraam manner to a woman to whom one is not related, thinking about and planning immoral acts, and so on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPg_x...el_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaseemAl.../4/gpDfM8RPuYI
                          Last edited by Hafsah1; 25-09-11, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laa View Post
                            dating is forbidden but courtship is allowed. so you have to get your intentions right.
                            what is courtship?
                            .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                            نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                              what is courtship?
                              Courtship is the period in a couple's relationship which precedes their engagement and marriage, or establishment of an agreed relationship of a more enduring kind. In courtship, a couple get to know each other and decide if there will be an engagement or other such agreement. A courtship may be an informal and private matter between two people or may be a public affair, or a formal arrangement with family approval. Traditionally, in the case of a formal engagement, it has been perceived that it is the role of a male to actively "court" or "woo" a female, thus encouraging her interest in him and her receptiveness to a proposal of marriage.

- Wikipedia

Comment

Working...
                              X