• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to wage war against ants

salam.

ants have invaded my room.

its been like this before i got here.

i consider this a war against my independence.

therefore, i need the best tactics to wage war against them.

jazakAllah khair.
    painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Re: best way to wage war against ants

flood your room, problem solved.

well that was fast, people need blazing fast minds at work.
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

:wswrwb: we moved house and had ants in the food cuboards and kitchen, my tried and tested method is to put a blob of jam ( i think u call it jelly ) outside the door and gradually move it futher away and lure them away from the house to the garden, takes about a week for them all to toddle off to a new area, so just keep anything tempting to them out of the way till then.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
        salam.

ants have invaded my room.

its been like this before i got here.

i consider this a war against my independence.

therefore, i need the best tactics to wage war against them.

jazakAllah khair.
        water!
        like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.
        [Al-Hadid, 20]

Comment

use those any killing powders ... something like 'once for all'

Comment

Wa'laikumus Salaam

Talk to them.

Comment

Im allergic to ants and they know that
              My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
              Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

please dont kill them , what have they ever done to you except just exist and try scratch a living like everyone else :(
                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

i am against killing them too. use water to scare them off!
                  like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.
                  [Al-Hadid, 20]

Comment

Originally posted by Humble Warrior View Post
                    i am against killing them too. use water to scare them off!
                    would that not drown them :(

Comment

Originally posted by Sismael View Post
                      would that not drown them :(
                      inshALLAH no they dont drown WALLAHUALAM :)
                      [Al-Hadid, 20]

Comment

Winter is soon so they'll be out of your hair.

Make sure your counters/floors are incredibly clean. Any food that is out should be covered. Cereals should be in a container and sweet smelly things should be hidden away from them. If you only see one or two ants, then these gals are trying to see if there can be food found. If they find it, they'll send in reinforcements and show them where the food is at by using the scent trails they left behind.

If this already happened, then here are some natural repellents that might help.

Use vinegar to clean your house. The vinegar will remove the scent trails and the strong smell naturally repels ants.

If vinegar is too strong, use water and then get some fresh mint and bayleaves. Leave them out and the strong smell of these will also repell ants.

I heard coffee ground works, but I'm not sure.

Air conditioned house also works.

Bring spiders in your house.
                        وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                        "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                        Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                        [2:186]

.:.
                        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Drop some of that milk on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                            Bring spiders in your house.
                            Then he'll have spiders in his house.

'Umar, you must make jihad against them. It's the only way to counter an invasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Suleiman View Post
                              Then he'll have spiders in his house.

'Umar, you must make jihad against them. It's the only way to counter an invasion.
                              Imagine the du'a they'll make for you, knowing that instead of killing them you are just letting them go free out of your house. An ant got her du'a answered....so I wouldn't oppress it if I were you.
                              وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                              "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                              Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                              [2:186]

.:.
                              .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                              Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X