Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Harshness of Illness Remove Sins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Harshness of Illness Remove Sins?

Question: Does the harshness of the pangs of death remove sins? Similarly, does illness also remove sins?

Response: Yes, everything that afflicts a person of illness, difficulty, grief or sadness, even a thorn that pricks him, acts as an expiation for sins. Furthermore, if he is patient and hoping for rewards from Allah, then in addition to it being an expiation, he is also rewarded for that patience with which he faced that affliction. There is no difference on this point between that which afflicts a person at death or beforehand. Afflictions are an expiation of sins for the believer. This is indicated in Allah's words,

"And whatever of misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your hands have earned. And He pardons much" (alShura 30).

If it is due to what our hands have earned, this indicates that it is an expiation for what we have done and earned. Similarly, the Prophet (peace be upon him) stated that a believer is never afflicted by any grief, sadness or injury, even a prick of a thorn, except that Allah expiates sins from him due to it.

Alhamdulelah that we are Muslims and that is how we see things, Alhamdulelah, that is why we are content with what we get. Alhamdulelah, that is why also complaining is of not help or relevance under any circumstances
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

this may sound weird- but i figured that out for my self when i was about 7 ish- that is how you can tell the truth of thisreligion- that you would have found it even if nobody steered it to you. alhamdulillah

Comment

yes i learn this quite young as well, whenever I used to be ill, my mom told me like ur sins are getting washed
        its soo easy in islam to get sins washed away subhanallah
        Man knows so much yet does so little...

Comment

- but my mum didn't tell me until later when i was older- nobody told me i just figured it to be logical- why else would we get ill- that is what i used to think anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Sophiya
            - but my mum didn't tell me until later when i was older- nobody told me i just figured it to be logical- why else would we get ill- that is what i used to think anyway
            Sobhan Allah Mash a Allah
            may Allah maintain His bounty over u sis

Comment

jazakallah my sister egyptionmuslima- it makes me proud to be muslim when i read what you wrote- i have to use this website alot especially as i only have non muslim friends- so thank you. by the way how is it living in egypt- i heard scary thyings like they banned scarves in the workplaces and they arrest any sheiks and imans

Comment

Originally posted by Egyptianmuslima
                Sobhan Allah Mash a Allah
                may Allah maintain His bounty over u sis
                this may sound weird but when i was little all special things used to happen to me- like i wasn't like other kids wishing for sill things- but when i wished for something it always usually came true, now i am scared becasue i once wished i would be there when the mahdi and the dajjal came. but now that i am older that doesn't happen anymore- kind of scary that maybe i am a bit more hard- hearted...- but it doesn't mean anything right- like Allah has stopped responding to my cry?...

Comment

as salam alykom Sophia
                  Living in Egypt is fine Alhamdulelah, we are still wearing Hijab to work, Alhamdulelah, but yes to be honest, some employers do not hire women in Hijab. About Imams yes, they do arrest some people, but the issue is so long and multifaceted.

No one wishes to be around when the Dajjal is here, may Allah protect us all against this fitnah.

Comment

of course- amin- but i never used to see it like that more like Isa (a.s) would get all the bad people for me and i would be on the good side.... childish things

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X