Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Islam in Canada- how's life?

Originally posted by Cker View Post
    Jazak Allahu Khairan to uncle umar, Pippin and Gucci!!!

I used to live there in Montreal before this whole niqaab banning talks started, and it was relatively alright, despite the stares. Although I wouldn't mind moving elsewhere (like the maritimes, or even completely to the west), but my main reason for Montreal is because my parents live there.
    The Maritimes are a great place to be socially and for a family - but alas, the job situation here is awful.
    Back... for now.

Comment

i know this is a deviation of the topic but i must say this:

firstly may Allah forgive me on the issue of decorating masjids.

why am i just spouting stuff, when there are hadith to go by?

The following is part of a lengthy Hadith narrated by Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Mas'ood radhiyallahu anhu when he inquired from Rasulallah sallallahu alayhi wasallam about the Signs of Qiyamah.

2. Music and musical instruments will be found in every home. People will indulge in homosexuality.
      3. There will be an abundance of illegitimate children.
      4. There will be an abundance of critics, tale-carriers, back- biters and taunters in society.
      5. People will establish ties with strangers and sever relations with their near and dear ones.
      6. Hypocrites will be in control of the affairs of the community and evil, immoral people will be at the helm of business establishments.
      7. The Masjid will be decorated, but the hearts of the people will be devoid of guidance.
      8. The courtyards of Masjids will be built beautifully and high mimbars (pulpits) will be erected.
      9. Gangsters and evil people will prevail.
      10. Various wines will be consumed excessively.

http://kalamullah.com/Anwar%20Al-Awl...ay%2008-18.mp3

near the end of this video it is deeply described how bad it is to decorate the masjids. the prophet pbuh warned against it, the sahabah were strict in not decorating masjids.

and look at us now.
      painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by Cker View Post
        Jazak Allahu Khairan to uncle umar, Pippin and Gucci!!!

I used to live there in Montreal before this whole niqaab banning talks started, and it was relatively alright, despite the stares. Although I wouldn't mind moving elsewhere (like the maritimes, or even completely to the west), but my main reason for Montreal is because my parents live there.
        Oh I see. Ya I would wanna be close by to my parents too. Montreal is good in general for shopping and food. I don't really like the environment of it though. I prefer Ottawa. It's more home-y. You should move here so ur still close enough to your parents. If you drive fast it takes 1.5 hours :)
        Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

i don't live in canada, but i thought since most of you do that you would take interest in doing something for your canadian brothers inshallah: Suffering...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X