X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mental Health & Awareness

Nice to find thread like this,
    I have major depressive disorder because of my family problem so long time.
    And I will be glad if I could help other Muslims who also have depression like me.
    ** Flowers of Life ** http://salmiahcollection.blogspot.com **

Comment

i just registered to point out that psychology is a pretty poorly understood concept in general. that's cool that you want to raise awareness, but all these mental "defects" should be taken with a grain of salt in the process. extreme personalities are just that and don't really need to be classed as abnormal or anything like that imo.
      source: i studied psychology at university.

Comment

I know someone on this forum who has such health problems bipoar disorder and epilepsy. After nearly 10 years of being a member on this ummah forum ( www.ummah.com ) , they banned him permanently and now he is more alone and isolated then ever. Without understanding or having sympathy for his issue. So yes there is a lack of understanding amongst muslims and you see it on this forum from the people who run it.

Comment

I have social anxiety disorder. It started when I was fourteen and it took me ten years to admit to myself that there was "something wrong" with me. Even after that it took me several months to tell my mother I was seeing a therapist. She's still the only one who knows. That's how much of a taboo it is. I agree, awareness would be great.

Comment

Assalaamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi Ta'ala wa Barakatuhu...

I want to inquire about "Psychology in Islam"!
            How can I solve my spiritual, emotional and psychological weaknesses such as Ignorance, Unawareness, Low-Spirit, Hindered Morale, Dull Intellect, Suppressed Will, Despondency, Fear, Depression, Anxiety, Homesickness, Cowardice, Grief, lack of Self-Discipline, lack of Self-Confidence, lack of Self-Esteem, lack of Self-Awareness as well as i'm Unaware of Current Affairs of the World etc.

How can I solve my physical and physiological weaknesses such as Idleness, Laziness, Dullness, Inefficiency, lack of Athleticism, lack of Talent, lack of Stamina, lack of Strength, lack of Speed, lack of Efficiency, lack of Diligence, lack of Resilience & Adaptability etc.

Maybe I feel myself as a LOSER & ZERO in LIFE.

As a YOUTH, how can I be a WINNER, STRONG, SMART, COMPETENT, ACTIVE & be EVERYTHING in LIFE???

What WAY should I ask Almighty Allah & what should I do?

Please shed some LIGHT!!! Jazakallahu Ta'ala Khairan...
            Last edited by zaynshah; 27-01-13, 10:53 AM. Reason: Modification

Comment

Assalaamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi Ta'ala wa Barakatuhu...

I want to inquire about "Psychology in Islam"!
              How can I solve my spiritual, emotional and psychological weaknesses such as Ignorance, Unawareness, Low-Spirit, Hindered Morale, Dull Intellect, Suppressed Will, Despondency, Fear, Depression, Anxiety, Homesickness, Cowardice, Grief, lack of Self-Discipline, lack of Self-Confidence, lack of Self-Esteem, lack of Self-Awareness as well as i'm Unaware of Current Affairs of the World etc.

How can I solve my physical and physiological weaknesses such as Idleness, Laziness, Dullness, Inefficiency, lack of Athleticism, lack of Talent, lack of Stamina, lack of Strength, lack of Speed, lack of Efficiency, lack of Diligence, lack of Resilience & Adaptability etc.

Maybe I feel myself as a LOSER & ZERO in LIFE.

As a YOUTH, how can I be a WINNER, STRONG, SMART, COMPETENT, ACTIVE & be EVERYTHING in LIFE???

What WAY should I ask Almighty Allah & what should I do?

Please shed some LIGHT!!! Jazakallahu Ta'ala Khairan...

Comment

Mental health is a serious issue that need not to be taken lightly. We go see the doctors when we experience any sort of physical pain but when it comes to our brains that suffer at times in agony or some inevitable displeasing thought process, we leave it to time and circumstances. This attitude invokes more problems and the prior thing that makes a person hide it is "what will the people say". Seeking formal help regarding the depression you might be facing must not be turned down just because of some stupid social norms.
                Love yourself and give your own self importance more than the voices that follow. You on your own can take an initiative and later be an encouragement for your folks who mighyt be in need of some formal counselling.

http://www.ukhajjumrah.com

Comment

Faith means belief on any person without proof and in other words it is called hope, trust or belief. In islam faith means the complete submission to the will of Allah in Quran it is stated that
                  " "Surely, those who believe, those who are Muslims, Jewish, the Christians, and the Sabians; anyone who (1) believes in GOD, and (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve."
                  http://muslim-academy.com/women-in-islam/

Comment

~bump~

Sorry, it as Umm Adam who made the thread, not dkaks.
                    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                    Surah al-Baqarah
                    [2:245]

.:.
                    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                    ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Alhumdulillah people are talking about their own experience with mental illness. It is important to know it does happen in Muslim society and that it isn't always evil eye or black magic.

:jkk: for all the responses been interesting reading them.
                      And He found you lost and guided you,
                      ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                      " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                      ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Assalamualaikum, I agree with you wholeheartedly. We need to create awareness. I've searched the internet for Muslim psychiatrists to no avail. I'm trying to help a young female revert who is experiencing voices in her head etc. She's also slightly autistic and it is quite difficult to understand what she's saying at times. She's highly intelligent but it doesn't come across that way because she is unable to articulate her thoughts. She's been to the Imam of a local mosque who feels she might be possessed. I'm not too sure, I think she might be in the early stages of mental illness. I wonder if you could give me leads as to whom I can contact. She's desperate to know what she's going through and I am do not have the skills to assist her further.
                        Thank you. Mariani

Comment

Do not take lightly these type of patient

Comment

Physical activity and exercise, highlighting the impact they have on mental health and wellbeing., watch all the unnecessary and necessary simtams of patient..

Comment

Asalamualikum, I am new to this forum and I need some advice please, for many years I have suffered from anxiety but from 2 years it has gone really worst, I am also having thoughts which is really scary and bothering me alot. I was on antidepressant for 6 months last year but it was giving me horrible side affects that was affecting my day to day life, now my question is can I go to the doctors( non muslims)and request for a consellor or not? And if anyone has done doctors therapy does it help without taking any antidepressants, please reply, Thanks

Comment

Sis, what is causing your anxiety?

I've take those anti depressions and they ale EVERYTHING worse sis. The way I got better was by praying, reading books on happiness, getting closer to Allah and Quran and alhamdulillah that worked better than those horrible pills.

No doctor can cure like Allah and no medicine can cure like Quran.

Comment

Working...
                                X