X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mental Health & Awareness

Originally posted by thebench View Post
    Never tried one. Why don't you go to a regular one? A Somali one works in my service you know lol. He saw me coming out of the building and we had a chat. It was interesting.
    lol well I go to a regular one and a muslim one, cos there are somethings I can't really explain about my mental health to a non-muslim
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
      lol well I go to a regular one and a muslim one, cos there are somethings I can't really explain about my mental health to a non-muslim
      That is just confusing though and not recommended I think? It's better you stick to one. What can't you explain to the non-muslim?

Are you doing CBT with the regular one? I went to the GP recently and she suggested CBT - which i've already done- for my Anxiety. I was like i'm already going to therapy twice a week every fortnight and once a week on the other weeks. LOL. My life is just therapy and nothing else. :scratch:
      Last edited by thebench; 08-02-17, 01:18 PM.

Comment

That is just confusing though and not recommended I think? It's better you stick to one. What can't you explain to the non-muslim?

Are you doing CBT with the regular one? I went to the GP recently and she suggested CBT - which i've already done- for my Anxiety. I was like i'm already going to therapy twice a week every fortnight and once a week on the other weeks. LOL. My life is just therapy and nothing else. :scratch:
        Yeah i told my mental health team that I'm seeing a Muslim counsellor and they were fine with it. I only have CBT for anxiety now, but the Muslim psychologist deals with my other conditions.
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
          Yeah i told my mental health team that I'm seeing a Muslim counsellor and they were fine with it. I only have CBT for anxiety now, but the Muslim psychologist deals with my other conditions.
          What are your other conditions? and how are they linked to the deen?

Comment

What are your other conditions? and how are they linked to the deen?
            I don't want to say what they are but they negatively effect my salaat and practice of the deen in general.

Comment

According to me, no one is aware of the mental health so we should try to aware everyone using this thread.
              Arabic tutor

Comment

Originally posted by LeesaJohnson View Post
                According to me, no one is aware of the mental health so we should try to aware everyone using this thread.
                You wot mate? :/

Comment

Salamu alikhum. This is a surprise to me, i didn't think it was this serious, the things I'm reading right now is sad and i pray Allah swt makes it easy for all of you. After every hardship there is ease and Allah wouldn't put on you something that you are not able to handle, so have patience and be strong to all who are going through mental health issues.

Comment

May God ease the pain of those who are suffering, and may He grant patience and strength for those who are supporting and helping those who suffer.

My sister-in-law works in the psychiatric department in hospital. We're from a Muslim country. But you don't really get help from the Muslims... In fact she says church groups extend more support in the community. Muslim authorities fuss about if you're eligible to receive zakat money.

And then in the forums Muslims argue about creed, about kafirs, about who's going to hell...

So how can we make things better?

How can we ensure our time and energy is spent on helping others?

What can the rest of us do?

How can we inform ourselves better?

In this case, because we're talking about mental health, where do we start?

(Talking about mental health, do we have a healthy outlook on life? How does a healthy outlook on life look like?)
                    Take care, be safe!

(P.S. just to be clear, "Ashaari" is my grandfather's grandfather's name, nothing to do with the aqeedah school of thought which at this point in time i don't know much about at all)

Comment

This is an area I work in and I would like to add a tid bit looking forward to hearing others experience.

In my experience, Muslims face are facing an alarming rate of GAD and personality disorders. The real problem is tackling the issue.

Firstly, let's reduce the stigma of Anxiety, it is the north American common cold. It is very likely you have some level of anxiety and its likely active in your family friends significant other.

The real challenge is the mental awareness that we are anxious, what makes us anxious and how we react to anxiety.
                      I know personally my anger isn't actually anger but rather my reaction to extreme anxiety, once I realised this I was better able to manage my anger and thus my anxiety.
                      we all have issues we need to fundamentally know who we are as a unique person.

now i don't think you should be going to a Muslim psyche or an imam we need to accept that there are professionals who are experts in this field and should be willing to seek objective unbiased assessments and treatment.

Muslim Loser

Comment

http://www.forumpakistan.com.pk/haspatal-f34.html ask here

Comment

Originally posted by ummu katheer View Post
                          I forgot to add the reference,

www.womanbynature.com (Holistic Health and Wellness Oasis for the Muslim Woman)

By: Khadija Abdus Sabur (Sister Khadija is a Certified Holistic Nutritionist and Health Coach with 15 years’ experience in both traditional and holistic wellness therapies. A lover of alternative health, natural beauty, detoxification and nutrition, “Woman by Nature” was founded (originally in 2006) to help Muslim women learn Whol-istic principles and tools to uncover their best selves- mind, body and spirit – with the help of Allah.)
                          new course that is about to start in less than a week inshallah. It's called 'The Selfish Project', Sacred Self Care for the Muslim Woman.

For more info on the course due to start this week Dec 15th 2014, open to all muslim women , more info:

https://thrivebydesign.simplero.com/...e?ref=3511-JNG
                          Jazak Allah kheir sister,

A lot of things the source says really applies to me as a woman.

I’m 100% convinced of my anxiety due to so many factors. Marriage, children, studying, working all at once whilst constantly remembering unimportant things instead of Allah subhanahu. I’d spend time thinking of somebody’s facial expression for days, trying to analyse every feature. Why was it like this? What were they thinking? Why? How will this change over time? I have a knack of understanding the characteristics of humans all on the expense of remembering Allah Subhanahu. It’s pretty horrible. I come from a healthy family, I’m a teacher and a part time PhD student, I’m financially comfortable. Yet those thoughts always appear to distract me and I’m not sure whether the Hadith on the Jihad of the Self is relevant. But if it is, I can totally understand why the Jihad of the self is the most difficult Jihad anyone could imagine, and we as women are probably the ones who struggle most !!
                          Smile ! It's Sunnah

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
                            :salams

Would You Agree There Isnt Enough Awareness About Mental Health In The Ummah Today ?

its Still Seen As A Taboo Subject, :masha: There Is Islamic Counselling Services. But there Isnt Any Indivdual Groups Or Awareness About It.

Most Of The Time I Hear If Your Mentality Ill Due To Your Weak Emaan, Or Jinn - Ayn Evil Eye.

But It Does Exist In Islaam.

How Could I Or We Do To Raise Awareness ? Ideas Please ?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Parents supress feelings and dont really give importance to emotions/mental health.

as a kid i felt like there was always something wrong with me, i never felt like i was going through puberty mentally, but i feel like i did the whole mental puberty last year up till now still, learning about mental health, significance of meditation and healthy foods in order to have a healthy body, the "cant love someone until you love yourself" concept finally makes sense to me.. having found my peace of mind is very nice but I'm sad that, parents and just society don't raise awareness, instead they fuel our minds with tv, video gaming, music, trash for the brains, also the foods we eat is trash for the brain, and if you fill yourself up with trash you are a dumpster. And that also means you dont love yourself, if you disrespect yourself so much so, that you make yourself eat poison, listen and look at poison, that shows little self love...
                              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• Honestly doing the most basic things can help with most problems

Sleep well, eat very healthy, drink 3 litres of water, get sunshine and fresh air everyday, do heavy exercise daily

This will either get rid of or at least reduce any mental problems
                                ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Working...
                                X