Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Memories Growing up

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
    My earliest memory was from when I went to India as a child. I was really young at the time, and my cousin accidentally spilt boiling hot tea on my arm. I remember screaming my head off ( but don’t what what happened after that )

Alhumdollilah no scars to show or anything, so its all good. The scary thing was, when the same cousin came to England a number of years later, the exact same thing happened to her daughter, and somehow she ended up burning her leg with boiling hot tea.

On a happier note, when I was a child we used host a lots of Ulema at our house. I used to love playing with one of Hadhrats r.a. staff/stick. Sometimes he would leave it at home in the exact same place, when he went to the Masjid or just downstairs and I would mess around with it. I clearly remember my mum shouting at me saying that Id get beaten with that very stick if I didn’t put it down. :rotfl:

It was a beautiful thick long wooden staff with the most intricate carvings on it. And it used to always smell really nice of Hadhrats itr as well.

I guess some things about me are inbred and will never change cause I still do the same thing.
    jenicca which hazrat?

Comment

Ouch Jennica Thats Very Sad My Mom Said When I Was Born My Cousin Was So jealous He Started To Poke And Scratch At My Eyes Out :embar:
      And He found you lost and guided you,
      ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
      " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
      ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
        My earliest memories are related to the First Gulf War (fought between Iraq and Kuwait) , the United States had joined to fight in and Saudi Arabia had permitted them the use of its land for setting up their military bases.
        Big mistake!
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by seven View Post
          i have a few memories from when i was 2 years old

a headless chicken running round in a circle in the back yard (i think my dad tried to do zabah but accidently cut off the head)
          hahah..in my case it was a Cow my grandfather used to own a factory in pakistan one day he called a group of people to zabah a cow. the cow must somehow got away in the process of the zabah. then all you see is a headless cow running around the factory i also ran for it, i think i remeber faintly the headlees cow run at me at one point i am not sure though
          Ummati ! Ummati ! Ummati !
          RasoulALLAH :saw: will say
          So everytime you think of going against a Sunnah, remember the RasoulALLAH :saw: intercession, (Ummati, Ummati, Ummati- My Ummah...)

Comment

Getting knocked out by my dad. And then later on in madrassah. Haha good times.

Comment

Youngest memories for me were age 4/5, going on safari and coming face to face with a lion! Being driven somewhere in my uncles jeep in mombasa and my sister and I falling asleep whilst chewing gum and when we woke it was all in our hair and my mum had to cut it off LOL. Playing with my cousins huge dogs, I think they were german shepard dogs, bu tey were so friendly and calm and I was scared out of my wits (initially :p )
              What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
              Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
              Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
              but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
              but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
              We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
              freedom from slavery to other than the One,
              Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
              and a horizon that extends to the next life,
              Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

the family were praying in the other room and I had put a black binliner over my head because I had thought it would be funny.
                It wasn't and I screamed the house down because I got so very scared.
                'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                علي الحبشي

Comment

Cute Stories

Awwwww Miskeen Sirus :(

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Comment

Ermm for me watching Ram Lakhan, sharabi, falak, mr. India over and over again lol
                    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
                      Ermm for me watching Ram Lakhan, sharabi, falak, mr. India over and over again lol

:rotfl:

I Watched the Film The War Over and Over

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Comment

Assalamualaykum wrb

I was about 6-7 years old at that time. It was late in the afternoon and I was at my uncle's with my brothers. One of my brothers was on his bicycle, you know the one with a passenger seat at the back, so he carried me around. My uncle had some turkey birds (they were HUGE) and he left them roaming freely because he was about to feed them. Anyways, as my brother was happily paddling his bicycle, one of the birds saw us and started chasing us. The next thing I knew my brother was carrying me and the turkey bird on the passenger seat. I was petrified and started crying like crazy.

I am still scared of them up to this day :/

Comment

i remember my first day in year 7... i remember the first time i got my first detention( i was good boy lol)

panda pops, the rough footy matches, the fights.

i remember, or im always reminded when i kicked a year 2 kid when i was in nursery and had to walk all day without shoes?... lol

the beats i used to get in mosque are still alive and kicking in my mind, dont think i will ever forget them.

the days we used to play football in the mosque( we were little, but 3 aside was wicked loool)

the days when a 3310 phone seemed wicked... actually any phone was wicked lol.. now you got 10 year olds with better phones than you lol...

i dont like down going memory lane, though a lot of good times, a lot of things i just dont wanna ever think about again... :)
                          Last edited by QMU; 10-09-11, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I remember we had a 'game' we called 'lion lion', where in my older brother (the eldest) would turn off all the lights of the 2 living rooms that were adjacent to on another and only had a sliding wooden frame separating them (making one huge empty space)....and crawl around and make noises much like a lion. We (my 3 younger siblings and I) would have to walk around in the dark slowly so as not be caught by the 'lion'. He was so quiet so you wouldn't know until he growled next to your feet...

I also remembering having long hallway between the dining room and bedrooms...and we used that as our 'play space'. We played football down that hall...all 4 of us against my older brother...mind, the four of us consisted for 2 girls under the age of 7, and twins (boy and girl) who weren't steady on their feet yet. He always won...but it was fun watching the twins grabbing the ball (one of those colourful, patterned soft ones) with their hands and running with it rugby style.
                            "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

when i was 3 yrs old and was sitting beside mom ( i followed her everywhere ) eating Ice-cream with her and my siblings. And i remember also my sister beating the living crap out of me daily for no reason!
                              Jannah is my aim

Comment

Originally posted by mizfissy815 View Post
                                I remember we had a 'game' we called 'lion lion', where in my older brother (the eldest) would turn off all the lights of the 2 living rooms that were adjacent to on another and only had a sliding wooden frame separating them (making one huge empty space)....and crawl around and make noises much like a lion. We (my 3 younger siblings and I) would have to walk around in the dark slowly so as not be caught by the 'lion'. He was so quiet so you wouldn't know until he growled next to your feet...
                                OH WE USED TO PLAY THAT!! with my cousins!!!!! I thought we were the only people that used to play this game :P We used to call it Tigers though
                                Flickr: Click here

Blog: www.ahistorystudent.wordpress.com

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X