Why has Salaah Become So Difficult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why has Salaah Become So Difficult?

Al Salamu Alykum guys I hope some of you might be able to help me. Recently I've been finding Salaah incredibly difficult to preform. I forget almost everything I said and have too much waswasu in my head when reciting the Quran. I often find myself repeating the prayer over and over and over to the point I've become incredibly frustrated. For example sometimes it takes me up half an hour just to preform two rakaat because I go back,stall and start again etc.

Also I'm semi fluent in Arabic but I'm finding it incredibly difficult to pronounce some of the ayaat and lettering and so once again I find myself repeating the prayer. This only started happening recently and before that I was absolutely fine. Can anyone give me some advice

jazakallahkhair.

Re: Why has Salaah Become So Difficult?

:wswrwb:

be diligent in your wudhu and concentrate on the fact that the wudhu itself is a seperate distinct act of worship.

ignore doubts. the basis is that certainty is not removed except by certainty so any doubts you have are to be ignored unless they are not doubts any longer but certainties. a certainty can be defined as something that if one asked you to swear an oath to affirm it, you would be sure to swear this oath.

stick with those Surahs which are easy for you to recite in the prayer. Outside the prayer practice recitation of the ayaat and Surahs which you find challenging.do this daily.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

When in Prayer, imagine ALLAH (SWT) being in front of you. If you can't do that, then think of Him Watching you.

Insha'Allah everything will fall into place (including your recitation).
      'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Get checked up by a doctor, this might be a symptom of a bigger problem.
        Salam! :)

Comment

Originally posted by haque View Post
          Get checked up by a doctor, this might be a symptom of a bigger problem.
          Not sure what a (non-Muslim) doctor will be able to do in terms of Imaan and Deen.
          'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Jazakallahkhair guys, first time internet advice has actually been helpful. To brother haque, you're probably right too.

Comment

In my opinion this happens when we become lax in the remembrance of death and the akhirah.

In our daily comings and goings and usually living in large cities away from the natural reminders the human being begins to forget his purpose.

This is why you should remind yourself of information you already know - because Allah (swt) says the Reminder benefits the believers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGAgQRemgo
              "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Comment

Originally posted by yassin' View Post
                In my opinion this happens when we become lax in the remembrance of death and the akhirah.

In our daily comings and goings and usually living in large cities away from the natural reminders the human being begins to forget his purpose.

This is why you should remind yourself of information you already know - because Allah (swt) says the Reminder benefits the believers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGAgQRemgo
                Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
                  Not sure what a (non-Muslim) doctor will be able to do in terms of Imaan and Deen.
                  Bro, it doesn't seem like just an issue of imaan and deen; there's something bigger going on here:

Also I'm semi fluent in Arabic but I'm finding it incredibly difficult to pronounce some of the ayaat and lettering
                  It's not normal for a person, who's fluent in a language, to all of a sudden have problems pronouncing letters and words in it.
                  Salam! :)

Comment

Try Not To Concentrate Too Hard.

i Find When Im Trying To Concentrate I Find My Self Saying The Surah Fatiha Over and Over Again And Im Like What :wacko:
                    And He found you lost and guided you,
                    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by Morisco View Post
                      Al Salamu Alykum guys I hope some of you might be able to help me. Recently I've been finding Salaah incredibly difficult to preform. I forget almost everything I said and have too much waswasu in my head when reciting the Quran. I often find myself repeating the prayer over and over and over to the point I've become incredibly frustrated. For example sometimes it takes me up half an hour just to preform two rakaat because I go back,stall and start again etc.

Also I'm semi fluent in Arabic but I'm finding it incredibly difficult to pronounce some of the ayaat and lettering and so once again I find myself repeating the prayer. This only started happening recently and before that I was absolutely fine. Can anyone give me some advice

jazakallahkhair.

the best remedy for waswasa is to ignore..the shaytan is casting doubts without proof, so let him bring proof !! certainty isn't removed by doubt..

also don't exhaust urself.

keep connection with scholars and their lectures/gatherings

go to masjid daily for atleast one salah and recite quran everyday without fail.

go to a scholar for revision on tajweed.

have reliance on allah by making duaa and taking steps towards Him, make effort !

seek help in sabr n salah.
                      Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                      فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Working...
                      X