Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plan to read surahs and Quran

I just started practising islam again alhumdulilah,

I just feel there so much to do but very little time to do it all in but i am trying to learn and put in action all that i can.

i know The Prophet pbuh use to recite Surah Rahman, Surah Waqia, Surah Yaseen, Surah Mulk, Surah Sajdah and the 3 kuls on a daily basis, i am trying to do follow this but i am finding it hard to fit time in for reading other surahs, memorising dua and reading other islamic stuff,

How do you do it?

I am trying to make up a timetable where i can spend sometime after fajar salaat reading some surah and then i am at work, after zuhr/asr maybe memorising some duas or reading the Quran with meaning, learning Allah swt names, also i need to have time to spend with family, i manage to read Surah Mulk and Surah sajdah and the 3kuls after esha salaat.I also want to get up for tahajjud Is Surah Sajdah together with Surah Mulk protects one from the punishment of the grave or is it Surah Mulk alone?

I am just worried am i over burdening myself or is this normal to do?

Re: plan to read surahs and Quran

Originally posted by khushbu View Post
    I just started practising islam again alhumdulilah,

I just feel there so much to do but very little time to do it all in but i am trying to learn and put in action all that i can.

i know The Prophet pbuh use to recite Surah Rahman, Surah Waqia, Surah Yaseen, Surah Mulk, Surah Sajdah and the 3 kuls on a daily basis, i am trying to do follow this but i am finding it hard to fit time in for reading other surahs, memorising dua and reading other islamic stuff,

How do you do it?

I am trying to make up a timetable where i can spend sometime after fajar salaat reading some surah and then i am at work, after zuhr/asr maybe memorising some duas or reading the Quran with meaning, learning Allah swt names, also i need to have time to spend with family, i manage to read Surah Mulk and Surah sajdah and the 3kuls after esha salaat.I also want to get up for tahajjud Is Surah Sajdah together with Surah Mulk protects one from the punishment of the grave or is it Surah Mulk alone?

I am just worried am i over burdening myself or is this normal to do?
    aww sis mashaAllah, may Allah taala guides us al to straight path, ameen
    n yes sis prayin after fajr is one of the best times n do make a timetable n do make sure u do follow it, if uv done bayt with a shayk u can ask ur shaykh too,
    may Allah helps u gettin up for tahajjud ameen,
    n surah mulk n surah sajdah both help for from the punishment of qabr

Comment

:salams

Sister, my advice is to take it slow. What I mean is, you should memorize one Surah at a time. Spend full time on that Surah. Because once you've memorized a Surah, then you can recite it on the go.

Then, move on to the next one :insha: In a month or so, depending on how much time you put in to it, you'll have them all memorized. :insha: And then recite them daily.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
        :salams

Sister, my advice is to take it slow. What I mean is, you should memorize one Surah at a time. Spend full time on that Surah. Because once you've memorized a Surah, then you can recite it on the go.

Then, move on to the next one :insha: In a month or so, depending on how much time you put in to it, you'll have them all memorized. :insha: And then recite them daily.
        was gonna post that but jazakillah anywayx

Comment

Surely it's not about the quantity but the quality (i.e. contemplating and understanding what you're reading) ?

It would be brilliant if you could read the same amount as the Messenger (saaw) did and implement what we read in our lives at the same time, but it's not always possible for everyone.

As Brother 'mirror' has said, take it one step at a time :)
          'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Sister, since you've just started practising again , please take things one step at a time or you'll burn yourself out.

The deeds which Allah loves the most are those done regularly, even if they are small.

1. For starters, offer your prayers 5 times daily at their proper time. Don't delay any of your prayers. If, by chance, you miss any prayer, offer its qadha immediately.

2. Next, try offering the Sunnah & nawafil prayers as well, including Tahajjud prayers.

3. Make it a habit to recite the Holy Qur'an daily, even if you read only half a page .

4. Try to recite one tasbih of Istaghfar, Durood & and 3rd Kalimah daily.

5. Read the 4 Quls & Ayatul Kursi before you go to bed.

Once you've gotten used to doing those things consistently, then you can start with reading Surah Yaseen after Fajr prayer & Surah Mulk after Maghrib/Isha prayer on a daily basis.

There are benefits mentioned in the Hadiths regarding both - reciting Surah Mulk solely as well as Surah Mulk combined with Surah Sajdah. You can first start with reciting Surah Mulk only (that's how I started.)

Later on , you can move on to reciting Surah Sajdah, Surah Waqiah & Surah Rahman daily in the evenings and Surah Kahf (on Fridays).

If you have the time, try to read supplications for the morning & evening & Allah's names from du'aa kitaabs daily. Read the translation & tafseer of the Qur'an (from authentic sources) and ponder over its meanings.

It doesn't matter if you manage to do only a little , as long it's done regularly and consistenly. Make a plan, but be realistic.

Be persistent, determined & take small steps, one after another, every day. :up:

{ Btw, I also didn't have any of the surahs you mentioned memorised when I first started reading them. I managed to learn them by heart by reciting them regularly over a period of time , by the grace of Allah , The Most Merciful }.

Comment

Working...
            X